Soccer Dad

Irvine, CA

#2316 May 8, 2013
I think not charging a club fee is a bad idea. Or you should lower your signature costs. The playing circuit fees are set forth and can't be adjusted but the league LMSA should do something for these teams.
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

#2317 May 8, 2013
Soccer Dad wrote:
I think not charging a club fee is a bad idea. Or you should lower your signature costs. The playing circuit fees are set forth and can't be adjusted but the league LMSA should do something for these teams.
If you look at the matrix on the website most of the money goes back to team minus uniforms insurance, with the signature monies the coaches can pay for a bit of training or a tournament, which in my opinion increases their competitiveness. What would you suggest as a club fee why and what would it be used for?
LMSA Parent

Los Angeles, CA

#2318 May 9, 2013
Timmi J wrote:
<quoted text>If you look at the matrix on the website most of the money goes back to team minus uniforms insurance, with the signature monies the coaches can pay for a bit of training or a tournament, which in my opinion increases their competitiveness. What would you suggest as a club fee why and what would it be used for?

The Club fee is used to pay the Club Administrators for running the Club, handling all the paperwork and such as well as paying for any field or equipment needs.
Since LMSA's admin and field/city/equipment costs are included in the initial Reg fees that ALL players pay and the Administrators are volunteers no Club fee is needed.

In LMSA Rec and Sig all ref fees are included in the initial reg fees will this be true for Club as well ?
dad

United States

#2319 May 9, 2013
Charge club the same as sig and rec. Then, have each club team pay additional for tournaments and trainers. Let the teams themselves decide how many tournaments to participate in and how much they are willing to pay trainer.
club coach

United States

#2320 May 9, 2013
What I do is, let parents that can be trusted (teachers are prefered option) take control of the monies. Collect from all parents but have a trusted group decide on expenditures. We dont want our monies to get legs and walk off.
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

#2321 May 9, 2013
LMSA Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
The Club fee is used to pay the Club Administrators for running the Club, handling all the paperwork and such as well as paying for any field or equipment needs.
Since LMSA's admin and field/city/equipment costs are included in the initial Reg fees that ALL players pay and the Administrators are volunteers no Club fee is needed.
In LMSA Rec and Sig all ref fees are included in the initial reg fees will this be true for Club as well ?
That is how it is to be structured. However, increasing ref costs could require and an additional 10 dollar collection outside of the registration fees. We are trying to make it cost neutral so that our treasure is not having to make this their full time job cutting a check every 5 minutes, which increases our cost effectiveness. does that make sense?
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

#2322 May 9, 2013
dad wrote:
Charge club the same as sig and rec. Then, have each club team pay additional for tournaments and trainers. Let the teams themselves decide how many tournaments to participate in and how much they are willing to pay trainer.
Sig and Club cost significantly more thank rec. Our thought is to show to the parents transparency, by showing the actual costs of Signature and Club. The thing we do not want and are trying to prohibit is the profiteering under our LMSA banner. Specifically, we want to demonstrate with a clear and unambiguous voice that the costs we collect are the true costs for signature and club. If someone wants a different club experience then there are many options who will cash your checks gladly. Please realize that I am not denigrating those programs just illustrating how we are trying to maintain transparency and clarity of purpose for soccer at all level for the most reasonable costs.
TEACHER

Norwalk, CA

#2323 May 9, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 ... An elementary school teacher who police say embezzled about $3500 while serving as treasurer of the Richford Parent Teacher Organization
omg

Whittier, CA

#2324 May 9, 2013
dad wrote:
So LMSA should do what LMSA is doing. Glad you agree since that is exactly what is happening now and was happening since the beginning of LMSAs Signature program. None of the 125 collected goes into league funds look at the breakdown grasshopper.
dad

United States

#2325 May 9, 2013
omg wrote:
<quoted text>
So LMSA should do what LMSA is doing. Glad you agree since that is exactly what is happening now and was happening since the beginning of LMSAs Signature program. None of the 125 collected goes into league funds look at the breakdown grasshopper.
Whoa there missy! No need for the attitude! Hard day? Go pour yourself a glass of Merlot and relax!
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

#2326 May 11, 2013
The League Should Have Waited To Size The Kids Uniforms For Signature......Now All Players Feel Entitlrment To STay. Teams Havnt Been Formed And Completed. Some Kids Will Get Dropped. False Hope For Players.
Club Coach

Los Angeles, CA

#2327 May 12, 2013
Looks like XplosionSC has most of there teams advancing into Semi-finals for Spring Cup.
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

#2328 May 12, 2013
So Does LMSA.....Plenty Of Signature Teams Making The Four Top Spots In Spring League. U 11,12,13 Boys U 11,12 Girls That I Know Of In Jusa.
LMSA Parent

La Mirada, CA

#2329 May 12, 2013
Yeah, both are doing ok in and for what they are.
LMSA is Rec and does well in Rec. with a couple of the Club teams moving on
And Xplosion teams doing well in Spring Cup which is lower level Club.
Now it's the next round for both programs.

LMSA Rec will do well since they are playing the same type of teams they have faced so far in JUSA Spring League.

As for Xplosion teams they will start meeting better quality teams in these new match.
Teams that are upper level Bronze and Silver teams. It should really help them gauge there development.

Good luck everyone
jusais

United States

#2330 May 12, 2013
lmsa dad wrote:
So Does LMSA.....Plenty Of Signature Teams Making The Four Top Spots In Spring League. U 11,12,13 Boys U 11,12 Girls That I Know Of In Jusa.
is jusa sig only gaming circuit?congrats to LMSA for advancing in JUSA, and to XPLOSION for 10 plus teams advancing in Spring Cup. Both are commendable
Timmi J

Los Angeles, CA

#2331 May 13, 2013
I believe those teams are in the semi's of CSL (CLUB) circuit. not JUSA
LMSA Parent

La Mirada, CA

#2332 May 13, 2013
JUSA had 2 divisions, All-Stars which some Sig teams participate in and Rec.

There is a separate Sig Spring League hosted by ESL, which is endorsed by Cal South,(who didn't host Sig this Spring), but the LMSA teams, for their own reasons, choose not to participate.
LMSA Parent

La Mirada, CA

#2333 May 13, 2013
Timmi J wrote:
I believe those teams are in the semi's of CSL (CLUB) circuit. not JUSA
In CSL Spring some matches are Quarterfinals and some are Semifinals. It's pretty much equally divided. Divisions that have a lot of teams are at Quarterfinals.
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

#2334 May 13, 2013
Signature Spring League Hosted By Esl? I Heard Nothing About That Wheres The Website Or Info? Coast Does Playoffs? How Can They Not All Teams Sign Up For Same Amount Of Games?
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

#2335 May 13, 2013
Yeah CSL Has A Signature Bracket.
I Can Only Speak For My Teams Age Bracket . Teams There Are Comprised Of The Lowest Level Teams From The Past Fall Calsouth Signature Season. You Want To Develope Kids Play One Year Up Or Play Coast Or SCDSL. Our Team Can Stick Around Signature Next Season In Cal South And Be Dominant......But Four Of The Top Teams Are Gone For Next Season SCDSL AND COAST ....That leaves TheseCSL Teams And The PRESENT teams Were Beating Now By 5 And 6 Goals....Our Team Needs T go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I heard a loud explosion near Hacienda Heights (Mar '12) 1 hr Hheights resident 8
News Water Replenishment District inks $110 million ... 15 hr Sopr 7
News Pico Rivera City Council rejects 35-unit condom... 16 hr pico loco 1
News Swastika on black Biola studenta s door brings ... 17 hr Featherstone Harb... 4
Pauline Kael: Stupid Broad, Loathed Minorities 17 hr immagonna 1
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 17 hr Mike Comito 3,454
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 hr Bruin For Life 32,288
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cerritos Mortgages