Waco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2005

Judged:

I was wondering what has happened to the city of Lynwood? I was born there and went to school all the way up thru the 9th grade in Lynwood. From whatI have seen here on the internet, seems like Lynwood has really changed. That is sad, because I remember it as being a really nice town to grow up in.
Californiagirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2006

Judged:

MikeA007 wrote:
I was wondering what has happened to the city of Lynwood? I was born there and went to school all the way up thru the 9th grade in Lynwood. From whatI have seen here on the internet, seems like Lynwood has really changed. That is sad, because I remember it as being a really nice town to grow up in.
Things changed when we grew up in towns of southern California. They gotten worse now. More young gangs are breeding, lousy teachers, "don't care" staffs of schools who continue to ignore the innocent children's cry for help. The children's grades went down after the sad episodes and threats. Children (age 11 and up) started to walk over our heads with no respects in our homes than when they were in elementary schools. We showed respect to our parents and schools, right? New laws decided to put our children under 14 in juvie halls and cited as well. They're put in the courts. They're too young. It's the schools' jobs, not the police. Police has their own job to do. They're not social workers. Schools suppose to discipline those children like we were disciplined back in those days. We weren't cited or put in juvie halls when we were young ourselves. We showed respect to the laws we follow, right? But now, we look around and it makes our stomach turning upside down. Now those schools will make the criminals out of children in future. One citation and one jail will not stop them. Once they receive the citation or jailed, they will do it again and their grades and concentrations will go down. I remember when I read the child's first report card in the beginning of the 6th grade, the graders were wonderful. But after what was going on, the child's grades went down faster than you blink your eyes. It's sad. There should be more improvement in our towns, schools, and our children to be happy again.
Lynwood Resident

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2006

Judged:

You guys should visit lynwoodwatch.com , you'll find a lot interesting information about Lynwood.
LOKO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2006

The city of lynwood has not changed a bit all the years that I lived here and I think that its not as bad as other citys that are in need of more help than lynwood.
Second Thoughts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2006

Judged:

Californiagirl wrote:
<quoted text> Things changed when we grew up in towns of southern California. They gotten worse now. More young gangs are breeding, lousy teachers, "don't care" staffs of schools who continue to ignore the innocent children's cry for help. The children's grades went down after the sad episodes and threats. Children (age 11 and up) started to walk over our heads with no respects in our homes than when they were in elementary schools. We showed respect to our parents and schools, right? New laws decided to put our children under 14 in juvie halls and cited as well. They're put in the courts. They're too young. It's the schools' jobs, not the police. Police has their own job to do. They're not social workers. Schools suppose to discipline those children like we were disciplined back in those days. We weren't cited or put in juvie halls when we were young ourselves. We showed respect to the laws we follow, right? But now, we look around and it makes our stomach turning upside down. Now those schools will make the criminals out of children in future. One citation and one jail will not stop them. Once they receive the citation or jailed, they will do it again and their grades and concentrations will go down. I remember when I read the child's first report card in the beginning of the 6th grade, the graders were wonderful. But after what was going on, the child's grades went down faster than you blink your eyes. It's sad. There should be more improvement in our towns, schools, and our children to be happy again.
Schools, huh? I thought it was the parent's responsibility to raise their children, not the government's. This is exactly what happens when the parents (or parent) relinquishes their responsibility to anyone other than themselves.

You say that schools used to discipline the students? Well, that's kinda hard when poor parents attempt to win the educational lotto by suing the schools every time the school tries to discipline the students in any way. Little Willie brings his father's hand gun to school for show and tell, gets in trouble, and the school system gets sued, because lil Willie will be scarred for the rest of his life by the teacher telling him bringing a gun to school was wrong. THAT'S why schools stopped disciplining their students. But they wouldn't have to if their parents did their job.

You let your little cholo stay out until all hours in the morning, sleep all day, then wonder why your little 15 year old mijo hasn't passed the first grade. And you blame the schools, the government, society, racism, anyone but yourself.

I'd love to go on, but I'm sure you got the point.
Someone else - Lynwood

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2006

Judged:

You people got it Wrong. I grew up in the streets on Lynwood, And the Gangs HAVE GONE DOWN / I should know, I was always among gang members. Most gangs died out, and kids now a days are getting into other things, So many more NEW schools, New Businesses, remodeling of Streets. - if you dont live in Lynwood, you should keep your mouth Shut.
Lynwood Resident

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2006

Lynw

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2006

Judged:

Yeah Lynwood has changed a lot. A lot of new commerce is present there now. There is a Starbucks, a Hometown Buffet, and even a Denny's, I guess the city is going through some new economic growth, new bussiness seems to be welcomed there. Also a few more schools were built, there about 18 schools in the city, a hospital, and lost of industry. There are still a few gangs there but that doesn't mean Lynwood is not a safe place to live. Gangs and violence are common in most cities within Los Angeles county. I'm sure the LA county Sheriff department and the LAPD's gang task units have their hands full. Like every city Lynwood has some bad sides but for the most part the city is great.

Anonymous

South El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2006

Judged:

Why do Latinos dislike African Americans so much?
Relax

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2006

Judged:

because "some young blacks are immature and uneducated" let me give you a real example.
I was driving talking on the phone and out of no where I have a group of black women screaming and giving me the finger to get off the phone and the road. Is that really necessary? In the middle of 5 o'clock trafic sticking your head out while cursing and and yelling like an animal. Control yourself please.. AND im not saying only blacks do it....
Kathy

San Pablo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2006

Judged:

Dear Relax, Driving while under the influence of a cell phone is a potentially lethal mixture. You may want to rethink your bad habit, if not for your own safety, but for the safety of all around you.
COOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2006

Judged:

LYNWOOD IS STILL THERE UP OF COMPTON I HAVENT SEEN LYNWOOD DISAPEE
alejandro diaz

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2006

La Looney

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2006

Judged:

well, i live in lynwood! and well, yah there's still a lot of gangs and all that, but it has actually changed. i mean, there are a lot of new schools. the one i go to is a really gd school( at least that's the way i see it)it's Firebaugh. and right now, that school is an INTERNATIONAL BACCALUEREATE schhol. which is really good, especially for a low income community. so for all of u saying Lynwood is bad, well, ur wrong, cuz lynwood is really improving( just thought id let u know)
MISTER BULLET

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2006

Judged:

I REPRESENT LYNWOOD CARTEL,AND IM STILL DOING MY THING,ALWAYS SERVING THE STREETS
watching like hawk

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2006

Judged:

I have a little comment on persons expresing his/hers points of view for every problems in the city of Lynwood, if you have a proyected solution for any one of these problems...express yourself assisting to " blocks-watchers meeting " at city hall, go find out at city-council what proyects your city have for our future, like the proyected Professional Football Stadium in our back-yard..! get informed and help to unite citizens of Lynwood to fight the wrong doing
Fernando Pedroza

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2006

Judged:

MikeA007 wrote:
Lynwood was once a thriving community for 1921 to the 1960's. The 105 freeway project split the city in half, many businesses and residents left. It was left stagnent for 30 years. In the 1980's the first african americans were elected to council. In the 1990's the first latinos were elected to council. I was elected in 2001. Since then we have built 3 new shopping centers, over 10 million dollars in new streets and alleys, 5 new schools and are planning to build 2 new parks, Lynwood meadows and Rose Park.
We are currently building Ham Park on Atlantic Ave.
The city of Lynwood is in renaissance mode, restructuring from within as well as our infracstructure and the quality of life has been improved. If you have any questions I will be happy to talk to you and share more information.
Sincerely,
Lynwood Councilmember Fernando Pedroza
anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2006

Judged:

Lynwood Resident wrote:
You guys should visit lynwoodwatch.com , you'll find a lot interesting information about Lynwood.
LYNWOOD WATCH IS BREEDING GROUND FOR HATRED, DISCRIMINATION, BIGOTRY, ANTISEMITISM, TERRORISM, GOSSIP AND LIES. YOU CANNOT CALL YOURSELF A LEADER WHEN YOU RELY ON DESTROYING YOUR CURRENT LEADER'S IMAGE IN ORDER TO TRY TO FEEL TALLER. YOU MUST PROPOSE BETTER IDEAS. SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE, GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS.
Lynwoodgirl17

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2006

Judged:

Lynwood has changed in a good way and for our own good. I grew up in lynwood and I know lynwood like the palm of my hand. Lynwood has more business and more excting places, lynwood has grow alot, the city of lynwood is beautiful and keep this is mind every city or state has gangs and are dangerous no matter what. Lately the gangs in lynwood has gone down.
Juan

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2006

Judged:

Fernando Pedroza wrote:
<quoted text>
Lynwood was once a thriving community for 1921 to the 1960's. The 105 freeway project split the city in half, many businesses and residents left. It was left stagnent for 30 years. In the 1980's the first african americans were elected to council. In the 1990's the first latinos were elected to council. I was elected in 2001. Since then we have built 3 new shopping centers, over 10 million dollars in new streets and alleys, 5 new schools and are planning to build 2 new parks, Lynwood meadows and Rose Park.
We are currently building Ham Park on Atlantic Ave.
The city of Lynwood is in renaissance mode, restructuring from within as well as our infracstructure and the quality of life has been improved. If you have any questions I will be happy to talk to you and share more information.
Sincerely,
Lynwood Councilmember Fernando Pedroza
How could we motived are kids to stay in schoo and go to college?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 54
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cerritos Discussions

Search the Cerritos Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 min PEE PEE PETE 200,359
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 min PEE PEE PETE 26,734
Cheating the grim reaper 22 min Victor 2
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 41 min truth-facts 4,894
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 4 hr winning coach 4,821
Manhunt is on for owners of Hermosa Beach's Clu... (Oct '09) 5 hr Arcadiao 162
Braconne Ordnance Depot '56 to 58 (Oct '10) 5 hr John OHanlon 7
•••
•••

Cerritos News Video

•••
•••

Cerritos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••