drug,boze, teens to much for one negh...

drug,boze, teens to much for one neghborhood

Posted in the Cerritos Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
angry parent

Paramount, CA

#1 May 8, 2008
the correct spelling of the street is ILLORA and it is in LA Mirada it is the street near the cheep Movies theater. And yes this is a big problem But the police do not care.I am tired of the drinking and drugs that go on at a home on my street. did you hear me the teens hang out in front the parents in the yard they get drunk they smoke pot the police go but during the day the social services go but during the day hello of course it looks good during the day. Isnt is against the law to give minors alcohol. The residents of the street are tired of all of this. kids pee in there yards empty beer cans and vodka bottels the smell of pot every night.. It is the mother who lets the kids. It is the neighbors who have spoken to the mother on several times.
clueless

Paramount, CA

#3 May 26, 2008
Im waiting
LM RES wrote:
<quoted text>
shut the f*ck up and mind your own business dumb b*tch. thats how people like yourself end up dead. nothing but nosey people these days. If you dont like it, then move. Its just a matter of time before they get busted
562 La Mirada

AOL

#4 May 26, 2008
COKE IS ON A COME UP!
WHO DOES WEED ANYMORE
LA MIRADA IS ON BETTER THINGS NOW!
Escaper4

Norwalk, CA

#5 May 29, 2008
i know dozens of people slanging heroin around

any takers?
To LM Res

Whittier, CA

#6 Jun 16, 2008
So sorry to hear that you are a LM res. I think I would like you to move. There is nothing wrong with being unhappy with drugs & thugs in the neighborhood.
LM Parent

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Jul 9, 2008
O Illora st. in LM yes we all know it well. If you have a teen that drinks you can find them there on any given day. Quite scary if you ask me when they drink then they drive and there under 21 who will then be to blam. Will we blam the children who die.? Will we blam the parents of the children? Or will we stand up an blam the parents of the house were these kids are drinking for once and give them hell for our loss.
all parents

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Aug 14, 2008
you really need to read this and join together to rid our neighborhood of these people.
worked in the past

Montebello, CA

#9 Aug 15, 2008
go to a few of your neighbors.
co-ordinate. Next time you see the activity do the following:
1. call the sheriff station and report it. Ask for dispatchers name.
2. call the neighbors who you have co-ordinated with and tell them to call. have them ask for the dispatchers name.
3. wait 15 min and call again, state you are following up on the first call.
Do this a few times.
It will start to skew the call logs for the neighborhood. This, they will take notice of.
If you are not getting the resolution you are looking for after, say 5 times of this, switch to calling 911 first (you are witnessing an illegal act in progress, this is perfectly ok to call on)
Believe me, you do this and it will be resolved.
It has worked for us :)
worked in the past

Montebello, CA

#10 Aug 15, 2008
TAKE YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD BACK.

Do not let a few little punk ass kids do what they want.
Shocking

Whittier, CA

#11 Aug 16, 2008
OMG so this street is NOT located on the west side of Valley View! Wow!
read the top

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Aug 17, 2008
I understand what you are saying, but you have to understand that we have already done this and it is useless.

(the police do not care.I am tired of the drinking and drugs that go on at a home on my street. did you hear me the teens hang out in front the parents in the yard they get drunk they smoke pot the police go but during the day the social services go but during the day hello of course it looks good during the day. Isnt is against the law to give minors alcohol. The residents of the street are tired of all of this. kids pee in there yards empty beer cans and vodka bottels the smell of pot every night.. It is the mother who lets the kids. It is the neighbors who have spoken to the mother on several times.)
worked in the past wrote:
go to a few of your neighbors.
co-ordinate. Next time you see the activity do the following:
1. call the sheriff station and report it. Ask for dispatchers name.
2. call the neighbors who you have co-ordinated with and tell them to call. have them ask for the dispatchers name.
3. wait 15 min and call again, state you are following up on the first call.
Do this a few times.
It will start to skew the call logs for the neighborhood. This, they will take notice of.
If you are not getting the resolution you are looking for after, say 5 times of this, switch to calling 911 first (you are witnessing an illegal act in progress, this is perfectly ok to call on)
Believe me, you do this and it will be resolved.
It has worked for us :)
Illora is my street

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Aug 17, 2008
The homeless have now started to live there. they live in there cars on the street. and use the side yard of the home as a bathroom they deal drugs out of the yard. I think we are all done and done with the police there to busy. So we will just sit and wait and watch our property value drop, and maby when someone dies or gets hurt they will then do somthing. I no long enjoy going home nore do I even care if I do go home because I will be up all night listening to loud teens drinking and throwing up bottels on my lawn and peeing on the neighbors yards.
during the night

Whittier, CA

#14 Aug 18, 2008
Illora is my street wrote:
The homeless have now started to live there. they live in there cars on the street. and use the side yard of the home as a bathroom they deal drugs out of the yard. I think we are all done and done with the police there to busy. So we will just sit and wait and watch our property value drop, and maby when someone dies or gets hurt they will then do somthing. I no long enjoy going home nore do I even care if I do go home because I will be up all night listening to loud teens drinking and throwing up bottels on my lawn and peeing on the neighbors yards.
Get all the male neighbors together....10 or more. Better yet come up with a date that all the neighbors are just sitting on their lawns all at once right before the partying starts. One by one start calling the police at the moment you see the first bottle opening or the pot smoking. Teenagers don't like you staring at them and ruining their party outside. Just a thought. Intimidation.
worked in the past

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#15 Aug 18, 2008
If you have really been consistent with calling and you are still not getting results then go to city council as a GROUP.

Get up during the public comments time and Each one of you Complain, one after another.

Do so calmly, state facts, try to not get emotional.

They will eventually(if there are enough of you) ask if anyone has anything different to add, person after person getting up to restate the same problem annoys then :).

That is when you know you really have their attention.

They will take down a name or two and ask to have you speak with someone outside the meeting.

Now you will have someone who will be accountable regarding the situation.

Look for Mike Spreag (Whittier Daily News) and Demain Ross (La Mirada Insider)while you are there. Volunteer to speak with them. City Council will FREAK if they see this happening :)

Again, DO NOT GIVE UP...
LMHS Parent

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Aug 19, 2008
The Police have time to pull over teens and spend two hours ripping cars apart in the middle of the street. Why if it is right out in the open do they do nothing....I do not understand the system anymore.
Dep Juarez

Whittier, CA

#17 Aug 19, 2008
They need to put Dep Juarez on the case..he seems to spend most of his time ticketing the youth of La Mirada for tinted windows and going 5 miles over the speed limit. He should be allocated to this street where he can be useful to the city.
speeding ticket

Whittier, CA

#18 Aug 19, 2008
Dep Juarez wrote:
They need to put Dep Juarez on the case..he seems to spend most of his time ticketing the youth of La Mirada for tinted windows and going 5 miles over the speed limit. He should be allocated to this street where he can be useful to the city.
What about the ones that gave out speeding tickets on La Mirada Blvd during costructions. You know...the ones that wait with their speeding gun at you.They're patient enough to wait for someone to speed, why not wait in the neighborhood for a few to watch the scene unfold!?!??! Just a thought!
jack

Moorpark, CA

#19 Aug 19, 2008
LMHS Parent wrote:
The Police have time to pull over teens and spend two hours ripping cars apart in the middle of the street. Why if it is right out in the open do they do nothing....I do not understand the system anymore.
Your teen age kids are part of the problem. You buy them the big trucks and they drive like idiots. I say the Deputies should get them and the druggies.
Really

Moorpark, CA

#20 Aug 19, 2008
Dep Juarez wrote:
They need to put Dep Juarez on the case..he seems to spend most of his time ticketing the youth of La Mirada for tinted windows and going 5 miles over the speed limit. He should be allocated to this street where he can be useful to the city.
Dude that is so not fair of you. Juarez also spends a lot of his time hitting on all the females in the City.
strengh in numbers

Whittier, CA

#21 Aug 19, 2008
If your all that desparate, why not intimidate? Not hurt anyone, just take over your street. Make it a point to sit out on the lawn from 9pm till whenever. Teens don't like to be watched. What do you have to lose? You can call the police one by one. They won't like being watched. Don't wait till they pee on your lawn. Just sit outside, all of you and wait. Watch, they won't like it.You have nothing to lose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 1 hr Davis 10,431
Judge Deborah B Andrews being sued (Oct '11) 16 hr RIPMGZE777 45
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 hr You are delicious 35,349
(-Can-nabis -co-caine- he-roin op-ium ecs-tasy ... 19 hr Cotta 1
Latinos Running Blacks Straight Outta Compton (Jan '13) Wed tellinitlikeitis 143
News Mexican Mafia's roots run deep in San Gabriel V... Wed Marie 3
News Retired deputy keeps looking for Humboldt's mis... (Jun '09) Tue kympasqualini 40

Cerritos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cerritos Mortgages