Using Negroes to Buy iPhones Sparks O...

Using Negroes to Buy iPhones Sparks Outrage

Posted in the Cerritos Forum

Steve

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Sep 21, 2013
The recruiting homeless people Friday to wait in line outside a Pasadena Apple store to purchase the new iPhone 5s was criticized by homeless advocates.

Andy Bales, who heads the Union Rescue Mission on skid row, said this was just one of a number of ways that homeless people in Los Angeles have been taken advantage of.

"It's thoughtless greed How in the world could you tolerate yourself after taking advantage of somebody who's at the end of the rope? It's unbelievable," Bales said. "You're already struggling with homelessness and at times hopelessness and then somebody offers you a little bit of hope and then dashes it away."

Pasadena police arrested two people when the scheme broke down Friday morning. But officials said they don't plan a larger criminal investigation.

"It's not a police issue. It's a business issue," said Pasadena police Lt. Jason Clawson.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-u...
Long Beach Native

Long Beach, CA

#2 Sep 22, 2013
Why wouldn't they just go "Apple picking"?

At least they can use the phone, for a while, dump it, then get another one?
William

Monterey Park, CA

#3 Sep 26, 2013
Long Beach Native wrote:
Why wouldn't they just go "Apple picking"?
At least they can use the phone, for a while, dump it, then get another one?
The phones have a unique serial number. Takes some brains to defeat it, and black folks don't usually have an abundance of that. They only steal from the government because the government provides them with an instruction sheet.
det mcgruff

United States

#4 Sep 27, 2013
William wrote:
<quoted text>
The phones have a unique serial number. Takes some brains to defeat it, and black folks don't usually have an abundance of that. They only steal from the government because the government provides them with an instruction sheet.
Smartphones are now too smart for many blacks who steal them to figure them out. So many ways to "phone home" automatically. They get caught regularly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24343...
Long Beach Native

Long Beach, CA

#5 Sep 27, 2013
det mcgruff wrote:
<quoted text>
Smartphones are now too smart for many blacks who steal them to figure them out. So many ways to "phone home" automatically. They get caught regularly.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24343...
LOL! That's hilarious! What an utter idiot...

With my post, I was thinking more along the lines of using the 'phone' part of the phone, then dumping it on some unsuspecting dupe, by selling it on Amazon, Ebay, or in real life...
steve

United States

#6 Sep 30, 2013
Long Beach Native wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! That's hilarious! What an utter idiot...
With my post, I was thinking more along the lines of using the 'phone' part of the phone, then dumping it on some unsuspecting dupe, by selling it on Amazon, Ebay, or in real life...
The new iphone operating system lets you brick your phone immediately if it's stolen.
White folks win again!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 45 min The Real Deal 7,775
Good times (Feb '10) 3 hr James 40
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 5 hr Brian 4,530
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 10 hr Jeff488 3,601
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr Life Pharts 32,816
News CA: 24 Members of Florencia 13 Gang Named in Ri... (Oct '07) Thu DNCK 479
neighborhood parks in Cerritos Mar 19 neighwatch 1

Cerritos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cerritos Mortgages