Long Beach Councilman Roberto Uranga will waive salary, continue collecting pension

Jul 21, 2014 Full story: Press-Telegram

LONG BEACH >> New 7th District Councilman Roberto Uranga will forgo the salary of his office until state law is clarified on whether he can concurrently collect his pension as a retired city employee.

Full Story
LB citizen

North Hollywood, CA

#1 Jul 21, 2014
What a miserable parasitic piece of rotten shidt. This is why Mexico is in such an economic shambles. Parasites and idiots. Just like we're importing by the score into this country.
John

Long Beach, CA

#3 Jul 22, 2014
"council salary of $33,650 he may have to suspend the pension that he began receiving after he retired from city employment on Aug. 31, 2013.

"scheduled to receive his monthly retirement payment of $4,997.56 on Aug. 1, according to an official with the California Public Employees’ Retirement System. The disbursement is after taxes and deductions.

about $59,970.72 a year!

This is part of why cities are going broke!

Does his wife collect a city pension?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Helicopters flying over home for past hour? 13 min Wassup 2
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 31 min Trojan 27,979
Police Arrest 18-year-old for Rape 12 hr Just Telling The ... 3
Earthquake sensors track urban traffic, too 13 hr rOBIN hOOD 1
ssc13cstls (Apr '08) 14 hr Guera 68
i know were cudahy gangster are at ON ELIZABET... (Jul '07) 14 hr Guera 27
When I was in need of a personal injury lawyer (Jun '13) 18 hr Cory Trevor 16

Cerritos News Video

Cerritos Dating
Find my Match

Cerritos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cerritos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cerritos