California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,117

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
Da level

Monrovia, CA

#4278 Feb 16, 2013
The Glendora, California city council was shamed and slammed to the floor during their own "dog and pony" show the put on for the public at least twice a month.

The intelligence level doesn't raise much above the 3rd grade level.

February 12, 2013 at 7:00 P.M..

Mrs Green put them all in their place along with the cities staff.

Mrs. Green was the disabled Senior Citizen that was thrown out of her assisted living facilty byt he cold heartless city council and city manager Chris Jeffers.
yuppers

Wilmington, DE

#4279 Feb 17, 2013
Smackers wrote:
February 2013:
The inland California continued to show the highest rates of foreclosure activity, while coastal California saw foreclosures decline.
interesting
Changerous

Monrovia, CA

#4280 Feb 17, 2013
MOre over, less than expected but still the same.

Since: Jan 13

Ashburn, VA

#4281 Feb 20, 2013
I WANT TO KNOW ABOU CALFORNIA PLS go send smswww.facebook.com/ExeclusiveTricksCollectio...
SpazzO

Covina, CA

#4283 Feb 20, 2013
SpazzO, how are the crime stats this month?

When will you start reporting them?
ryan

Istanbul, Turkey

#4284 Feb 20, 2013
KEVENVOSS

Issaquah, WA

#4285 Feb 20, 2013
We already recycle the bags we get at the stores, what more do they want?
The grocery stores have a bin for recycling plastic bags, we re-use the bags at home so they are not single use bags. This is getting ridiculous. Some towns have banned the plastic bags so we have people stumbling out of the store with their purchases loose in their arms because they came from another town that doesnt ban then.
We have too many laws already about way to many things that are not enforced and now they want to pile on even more laws.
DoubleSpaced

Covina, CA

#4286 Feb 20, 2013
Just a "out of towner" poster, must have hit the repeatee key.

Don't even bother to try and read this trash, just paste over it.
Dr Ff

Sonoma, CA

#4287 Feb 20, 2013
Join us in the TEAPARTY. When we have control and do away with all the freebies of medicare and social security and godless unions and minimum wage and mean taxes of your betters all will be well and we can return to the old church values and stop all the pretense at education above the station given to you in life. Stop everything now! No compromise or deal! Out that in your take home bag!!!!!
Kall Me Maw

Sonoma, CA

#4288 Feb 21, 2013
The fish are being damaged; they come close to the ship because the big screw is not moving, they feel safe, they have a "vibrational" sense of all the life inside the thing and so approach. Then they are hit from overhead with ghastly compacted turds dropped from the yawning buttocks dangling overhead as the passengers and crew lean out backwards and krapp waving their collective ass like a hive of monstrous filthy banners hung from all 426 balconies. All this because they en-masse refused to sign the petition demanding the release of the heavenly father from rome's prisons and the end to the resignation charade and the truth of the Iran/Korea armed lesbian marriage accord.
Nellie Bunquin77_7

Sonoma, CA

#4290 Feb 21, 2013
Kall Me Maw wrote:
The fish are being damaged; they come close to the ship because the big screw is not moving, they feel safe, they have a "vibrational" sense of all the life inside the thing and so approach. Then they are hit from overhead with ghastly compacted turds dropped from the yawning buttocks dangling overhead as the passengers and crew lean out backwards and krapp waving their collective ass like a hive of monstrous filthy banners hung from all 426 balconies. All this because they en-masse refused to sign the petition demanding the release of the heavenly father from rome's prisons and the end to the resignation charade and the truth of the Iran/Korea armed lesbian marriage accord.
GOOD GOD! THIS is AWFUL! What can we do for the fish? What about support groups? Now if everybody had been armed this wouldnt have happened, no sir. As soon as you saw an unfamiliar butt you copuld let loose a warner. That would stop the crappers. One hopes they wouldnt wave their sidearm while doing the dump, but you never know, so shoot first. SAVE THE FISH. Join the TEA PARTY. Why is the pope presumably in PRISON? You are nutttzzz. NO on everything, now, and 'til 2016. When everybody has been out of work and diapers from now 'til then we will win every seat, including the Whyte House, which will become TEAPARTY headquarters..
carpediem creek

AOL

#4291 Feb 21, 2013
liberal idiots,...
they worry about an insignificant bag ,..when the state is going to the dogs ,...
how about 'you people' worry about more important things ,.....
or are you incapable of ANY intelligent /rational thought ?
MayBeline

Covina, CA

#4294 Feb 21, 2013
May Bell - whats your problem?

Have the Republicans screwed you too much lately?

Maybe you should turn the other cheek?

Your right they screwed you in that one too, such the plight of the average American citizen and tax payer.
Rick Outdoorsman

Sonoma, CA

#4295 Feb 22, 2013
MalbaCACfudgepackers wrote:
Fixed
Welcome and hail, you and me and all of us TEAPARTY warriors are ready to make them see AUSTERITY. Folks, join us & the teaparty. The rest is history.
Lancers

Covina, CA

#4296 Feb 22, 2013
Need to bring a snow plow for this one.
Fran99

Sonoma, CA

#4298 Feb 23, 2013
Kall Me Maw wrote:
Is this really honest to god true? Tell me more about the armed lesbians in Iran and what they have to do with armed lesbians in korea. These places aint close together so they must be different women, right? Have you got pictures on the net of these women? Do they have uniforms? What is their church? Are you talking about the Pope? Where is his petition? Is this true about people being poopy on the fish and them being injured from falling poop? Was this on TV? Where do the armed lesbians poop? Tell me they dont injure fish!
Rainbow

Covina, CA

#4299 Feb 23, 2013
FuuBia?

Got any?

Then get off the boat.
Mrt SteinbaumsPa

Sonoma, CA

#4300 Feb 24, 2013
Fran99 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this really honest to god true? Tell me more about the armed lesbians in Iran and what they have to do with armed lesbians in korea. These places aint close together so they must be different women, right? Have you got pictures on the net of these women? Do they have uniforms? What is their church? Are you talking about the Pope? Where is his petition? Is this true about people being poopy on the fish and them being injured from falling poop? Was this on TV? Where do the armed lesbians poop? Tell me they dont injure fish!
You are so completely goofy that I think I love you. Lesbian armed poop? Papal petitions? Lesbains in uniform? Fags in bags? Fish being hit by outfall? Good lordy me but this is better than hyperventilating. Next your going to ruin it by telling me you are member of the teapotty and to the right of Atilla the Hun. The point of banning bags is so that we dont notice how much less we now are able to buy on our shopping trips for what sells as food. Next will come an effort to reduce the size of bags and sell the shopping carts, now way too big for todays dollar's worth of purchases, to the growing homeless encampments in the closed factories and schools;Oy Gevault.
AfganPigs

Covina, CA

#4301 Feb 24, 2013
Did I mention these so called elected officials in Afgan, are nothing but cheap back alley scum sucking drug dealing muslim crooks.
MacGyver

Glendora, CA

#4302 Feb 25, 2013
You guys are off topic

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EDITORIAL: Who pulled the trigger? 53 min Ronald 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Brew In 27,933
Talbert and Bushard Carpet Store 2 hr LOCALFVREZ 1
Mother Murdered at LM Swap Meet 9 hr Juanito 2
Beware of email stating: Notice to Appear, 10 hr The Mad Man 2
Man enters plea in abduction, rape (May '10) 12 hr Set u straight 33
Wanted: Ebola screeners at JFK for $19 an hour 19 hr Ronald 5

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at October 25 at 12:39PM PDT

Cerritos News Video

Cerritos Dating
Find my Match

Cerritos Jobs

Cerritos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cerritos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cerritos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]