Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,377)

Showing posts 187,521 - 187,540 of200,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is where you not only go stupid, you also show why a gay can never comprehend, let alone dictate, anything about marriage.
Marriage is a life-long commitment. While childbearing years come and go, the relationships birthed continue, and the circle of life continues. We anticipate grandchildren and even great-grandchildren. We hold our role as not just a model of marriage and parenting, but grandparents.
A mutually sterile ss couple can never experience those relationships. The roots of a family, branching out and literally blending with others.
This is a perfect example of why homosexuals need the self-identity and confidence to establish their own relationships. They don't fit marriage, no matter which way you go.
Oh, I think I see pretty clearly. You have decided to CHANGE your definition of marriage.

Now marriage extends beyond child-bearing years. Before your definition extended only to those years in which a couple was raising children. You have been very clear in the past that marriage essentially ties a man to a woman for the purposes of seeing that resources are adequate for raising the children.

You think I'm using my own personal opinions about marriage. I'm not. I'm using YOUR OWN WORDS.

You have had a laser-like focus on how same-sex marriage is a "mutually sterile, duplicate gender, half marriage".

And your own marriage is literally a "mutually sterile, opposite gender, half-marriage".

I personally think that marriage is a love based union between two, consenting, unrelated adults that provide legal protections and rights to the couple.

You're the one who continues to tie marriage to childbirth by using words such as "sterile" and "mating".

If you don't want your own marriage to be defined in those terms, quit trying to define other's marriages in that manner

“"The 14th Amendment Works"”

Since: Jul 13

Livermore California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shuddup Bill you silly jackass! Who asked you?
Geez,ratso,and who asked you? I mean I thought a little humor was in order and you would agree being all for marriage equality and all!(yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk)Bette r be careful your true colors are showing again! Mind your own business rat face,nobody asked you! Ahhhhh.....good times right putz?
Gustavo

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Marines are part of the Navy. The retarded part.
That's ok Frances, I'd rather be a manly retard than a homo sucking Dk off shore on your love boat .. you are a second class loser
Gustavo

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Dan Frances says he is on your side. You and Frances Pisso should hook up, he loves giving BJ's. The two of you can share techniques haha ..

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I think I see pretty clearly. You have decided to CHANGE your definition of marriage.
Now marriage extends beyond child-bearing years. Before your definition extended only to those years in which a couple was raising children. You have been very clear in the past that marriage essentially ties a man to a woman for the purposes of seeing that resources are adequate for raising the children.
You think I'm using my own personal opinions about marriage. I'm not. I'm using YOUR OWN WORDS.
You have had a laser-like focus on how same-sex marriage is a "mutually sterile, duplicate gender, half marriage".
And your own marriage is literally a "mutually sterile, opposite gender, half-marriage".
I personally think that marriage is a love based union between two, consenting, unrelated adults that provide legal protections and rights to the couple.
You're the one who continues to tie marriage to childbirth by using words such as "sterile" and "mating".
If you don't want your own marriage to be defined in those terms, quit trying to define other's marriages in that manner
You aren't seeing anything clearly, you are in a desperate but stupid gay twirl.

I changed nothing, marriage has always been a life-long commitment.

Moreover, I have described marriage in numerous ways, and have in fact indicated those descriptions are only partial.

The description you are referencing has always been framed in the qualifier of, "at it's most basic essence". A phrase that clearly indicates a partial description. Moreover, it references a scientific description, something I have never limited marriage to.

Additionally, you assert that a failure to actively procreate disqualifies a married couple. Really?

Why?

It's never been a problem before.

At what age of the child?

Who says the couple might decide to have another child late in life?

Again, this in a frantic foolish and futile attempt to equate a barren, perpetually desolate duplicate gendered couple with marriage.

VV, it just is not going to work, no matter how hard you twirl...

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't seeing anything clearly, you are in a desperate but stupid gay twirl.
I changed nothing, marriage has always been a life-long commitment.
Moreover, I have described marriage in numerous ways, and have in fact indicated those descriptions are only partial.
The description you are referencing has always been framed in the qualifier of, "at it's most basic essence". A phrase that clearly indicates a partial description. Moreover, it references a scientific description, something I have never limited marriage to.
Additionally, you assert that a failure to actively procreate disqualifies a married couple. Really?
Why?
It's never been a problem before.
At what age of the child?
Who says the couple might decide to have another child late in life?
Again, this in a frantic foolish and futile attempt to equate a barren, perpetually desolate duplicate gendered couple with marriage.
VV, it just is not going to work, no matter how hard you twirl...
I'm using YOUR WORDS, Kim; YOUR OWN DEFINITIONS...

Now you're trying to change your definitions. Typical...

Talk about twirl...
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Venessa Sosa Guevara wrote:
I am currently married to a man but I have been a closet lesbian for over 15 years. I have finally come out to my family and friends. I would love to someday marry a woman and have the same rights that I had with my husband.
So you just screwed your husband and family because you can't figure your act out??? I good thing you're going women only, I wouldn't wish you on any man.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Venessa Sosa Guevara wrote:
I am currently married to a man but I have been a closet lesbian for over 15 years. I have finally come out to my family and friends. I would love to someday marry a woman and have the same rights that I had with my husband.
I hope your kids write you off for good.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it too bad society has to lower the bar each time a homo makes a demand. It must suck to be and outcast.
Society would never do that, we just have lying elected officials with personal agendas.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>I have a response but will not be posting it because your only goal is to twist the words and add things which were not there. And, frankly, I'm not interesting in getting into a debate in which the argument is about who said what. Have a nice day.
Don't want to get into a discussion concerning who said what? That's how you post, without concern for who said what, good job.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ss marriage is an oxymoron.
Divorce is a sin.
Wouldn't you hate god for making such a big mistake while creating you?
LOL!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

And still, not one rational argument against gay marriage. One I'm hearing is that gay people just want the monetary benefits. If that were the case, they would just marry someone of the opposite sex.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan's funny. That's why I like the silly jackass. Starts rambling about space aliens and Mountain dew and other weird stuff. I think he starts off with some kind of point but forgets it before he types the first sentence.
LOL!!!!
Medical Pot paying it's dues. LOL!!!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It's working out fine exposing an fraudulent relationship trying to be imposed on marriage.
Smile.
Really? How many SSM's have been nullified by your "exposure"?

You're powerless, toots. And irrelevant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm using YOUR WORDS, Kim; YOUR OWN DEFINITIONS...
Now you're trying to change your definitions. Typical...
Talk about twirl...
BS VV,

You are using part of my words and twirling them.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How many SSM's have been nullified by your "exposure"?
You're powerless, toots. And irrelevant.
And your relationship is still ever only...

you know.

Smirk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

-Bill Of Rights- wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez,ratso,and who asked you? I mean I thought a little humor was in order and you would agree being all for marriage equality and all!(yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk)Bette r be careful your true colors are showing again! Mind your own business rat face,nobody asked you! Ahhhhh.....good times right putz?
YUK!YUK!YUK! Good to see you posting Old SniffButt Bill you phony hero! I was worried about you.

You haven't been rigging the judge-its for a while and what with that and the shooting in the navy yard I was worried you finally went off the deep end and did something crazy because you got so mad about gay marriage!

Glad it wasn't you who went psycho. I hope soon all states have gay marriage so you never go psycho and shoot up the place.

P.S. Gustavo the jarhead thinks you're hot. Check him out. OOO-Rah!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Medical Pot paying it's dues. LOL!!!
You can bet Dan has a card.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Rye Whiskey! Makes my g.f. hotter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Whoop!~Whoop! Ah good times! WOO~HOOOO!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 187,521 - 187,540 of200,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cerritos Discussions

Search the Cerritos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Latinos Running Blacks Straight Outta Compton (Jan '13) 9 hr Ronald 100
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 9 hr Decide what 4,837
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 14 hr 21 and over 15,909
Long Beach budget cautiously optimistic 14 hr daniel 1
Comedian Bill Cosby's remarks 14 hr Tom 1
Six years after girl's slaying, grief remains f... (Jun '10) 14 hr MrSaravia 31
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 16 hr Davis 4,756
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at July 11 at 1:48AM PDT

•••
•••

Cerritos News Video

•••
Cerritos Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cerritos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••