Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#192930 May 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
We can set up hate crimes so that if you are physically attacked for being an ignorant moron you will have better protection under the law.
The perverts don't realize just how dangerously stupid they truly are.

That one accepts "hate crimes" in its vocabulary as if it were normal, same as the magic word "homophobic".
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192931 May 23, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it really take a bought and paid for "scientist" to see what a child can see?
I ask that all the time. Why does it take a family member involved for a republican to see the right thing is to support same sex marriage, have they no empathy at all for their constituents? Canít they see the right thing to do without it having to be directly affected by a personal family member?

A child can see it, why canít they?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192932 May 23, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
The perverts don't realize just how dangerously stupid they truly are.
That one accepts "hate crimes" in its vocabulary as if it were normal, same as the magic word "homophobic".
Hate crime is just a simple way to determine premeditation and forethought

the penalties are no different than premeditation, and a person that spews hatred for a class of people makes that determination easy.
dan

Whitethorn, CA

#192933 May 23, 2013
This is old news
LaidOut

Covina, CA

#192934 May 23, 2013
May 22, 2013 - a news helicopter has been hovering for about an hour over the big dig area. The house in question is located at the end of a cul-de-sac, three owners have occupied this house since Robert Byron sold it and moved to Covina, Ca. we have tracked down the first owner to buy this house and are currently investigating.
Glendora, California 1978 a 24 year old lady went missing, now the LA County Sheriffs Department is on the job and digging up a back yard in the city of Glendora, California 91740.
The person who reported her missing was her husband, the house has been sold three times since then.
Glad to see some real police department work is being carried out by the sheriffs department on Essex Street at 555.
The neighborhood kids like the husband, but no wife? Wonder what happened to her remains?
More insider information to follow;

According to sources the back yard of this house in questions was not landscaped and only consisted of tall weeds and hard pack bare soil, dead pets were buried in the backyard before someone landscaped the entire backyard.
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#192935 May 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
the penalties are no different than premeditation, and a person that spews hatred for a class of people makes that determination easy.
Since all you have are slogans, you won't mind if I do nothing more than mock you for the rest of your miserable existence?

Thank you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192936 May 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You qualify. You "spew" hatred daily.
LaidOut

Covina, CA

#192937 May 23, 2013
May 22, 2013 - a news helicopter has been hovering for about an hour over the big dig area. The house in question is located at the end of a cul-de-sac, three owners have occupied this house since Robert Byron sold it and moved to Covina, Ca. we have tracked down the first owner to buy this house and are currently investigating.

Glendora, California 1978 a 24 year old lady went missing, now the LA County Sheriffs Department is on the job and digging up a back yard in the city of Glendora, California 91740.

The person who reported her missing was her husband, the house has been sold three times since then.

Glad to see some real police department work is being carried out by the sheriffs department on Essex Street at 555.

The neighborhood kids like the husband, but no wife? Wonder what happened to her remains?
More insider information to follow;

According to sources the back yard of this house in questions was not landscaped and only consisted of tall weeds and hard pack bare soil, dead pets were buried in the backyard before someone landscaped the entire backyard.

Glad to see the GPD is doing crowd and traffic control.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192938 May 23, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Since all you have are slogans, you won't mind if I do nothing more than mock you for the rest of your miserable existence?
Thank you.
I am not the sheep spewing the same crap for the last couple thousand years.

I am in the majority of Americans that actually believe in the values of this country.

Your laughing at me is a complement, I would be embarrassed if you werenít, people might think I was also an ignorant moron.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192939 May 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in the majority of Americans that actually believe in the values of this country.
Your laughing at me is a complement, I would be embarrassed if you werenít, people might think I was also an ignorant moron.
There's really no need to have anyone laugh at you to be the ignorant moron that you are. You would be an ignorant moron even without the laughs.
LaidOut

Covina, CA

#192940 May 23, 2013
News update May 23, 2013 - Corner moves it's team in.

Glad to see some real police department work is being carried out by the sheriffs department on 555 Essex Street.

More insider information to follow.

Glad to see the GPD is doing crowd and traffic control.

Stand back, the Corner has brought out the dogs and shovels to start unearthing something buried in this houses backyard.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#192941 May 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Same-sex marriages that are built on love, mutual respect, monogamy, and life-long commitment are equal to any opposite-sex marriage.
Close, but no cigar.
As you have said many times before, the potential for children in a relationship IS NOT a basis for marriage.
Why you continue your "What about the children?" campaign continues to baffle me.
Your TIRED "mutually sterile duplicate", "cross-cultural constraint", and "failure of mating behavior" material has gotten really old. Nobody believes it.
It's the reason marriage, as a distinct privileged relationship, exists in the first place. Otherwise why would it matter who married who, or didn't marry who?
Why should we deny same-sex couples access to legal marriage based on your opinions?
Now, I've answered your question. You answer mine...
Individuals can access legal marriage as part of a pairing recognized by law, not couples. Why should marriage be fundamentally redefined?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#192942 May 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
But not the value of Americans expressing their will through the voting process, as in votes for prop 22, and prop 8. Apparently that value is not part of Big D's patriotism.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192943 May 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Close, but no cigar.
<quoted text>
It's the reason marriage, as a distinct privileged relationship, exists in the first place. Otherwise why would it matter who married who, or didn't marry who?
<quoted text>
Individuals can access legal marriage as part of a pairing recognized by law, not couples. Why should marriage be fundamentally redefined?
It isnít being fundamentally re-defined, we are just making it more inclusive.

The thousands upon thousands of same sex couples legally married in the US today certainly did not re-define my marriage in any way at all.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192944 May 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
But not the value of Americans expressing their will through the voting process, as in votes for prop 22, and prop 8. Apparently that value is not part of Big D's patriotism.
I have also noticed that Big D's patriotism tends to be very authoritarian and very selective.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192945 May 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The thousands upon thousands of same sex couples legally married in the US today certainly did not re-define my marriage in any way at all.
If you make it too inclusive it will include everyone and then everyone will be married and marriage will mean absolutely nothing.
Brew Cee

Tempe, AZ

#192946 May 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
My sphincter has value!!!!
Brew Cee Hypocreete

Tempe, AZ

#192947 May 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Our inclusive club allows sphincters!!!!

White right wing Christian heterosexuals who care for Life need not apply!!!!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192948 May 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you make it too inclusive it will include everyone and then everyone will be married and marriage will mean absolutely nothing.
Your marriage perhaps

They did not harm mine in any way at all, I think it is odd that someones marriage is so terribly affected by others being able to marry.

In court the lawyers could not find a single couple whose marriage was harmed by others being able to marry, it was a critical flaw in their case. Not one single example was able to be given.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#192950 May 23, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it really take a bought and paid for "scientist" to see what a child can see?
Children see a lot of things... Children see cooked spinach and think you're trying to poison them. They see Harry Potter and believe in magic. Children can look up at the sky and think Heaven is just beyond the clouds--that their deceased grandparents are walking around on smoke, looking lovingly down on them from above.

That's why children aren't scientists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After Surgery, Surprise $117,000 Medical Bill F... 2 hr Ronald 2
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 3 hr theos 2,276
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Trojan 27,428
Club hopping: The Crazy Horse (Jul '08) 7 hr curious 80
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 8 hr State Cup 4,989
Man shot in Hawthorne confrontation (Sep '10) 8 hr Good-neighbors 50
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 21 hr free for all 5,081
•••

Cerritos News Video

•••
•••

Cerritos Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cerritos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cerritos News, Events & Info