Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,984)

Showing posts 159,661 - 159,680 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dorn

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

I have witnessed the happiness of two senior citizen men who where finally able to come out of the closet after the death of the wife of one of them. The man who had been married had a lesbian granddaughter.
That made me wonder if it was wise to continue to force the idea of only marriage of 'one man and one woman'. One of those could be gay. It would be better for society for gays to marry each other rather than marry straight partners and pass on whatever trait produces homosexuality. However if homosexuals want to raise their own children,(the instinct to be a parent is separate from sexual orientation). They should be allowed to adopt.
They hire a surrogate woman to bare their child. or use a sperm bank so one of them can be the biological mother.
Big Tony

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
I have witnessed the happiness of two senior citizen men who where finally able to come out of the closet after the death of the wife of one of them. The man who had been married had a lesbian granddaughter.
That made me wonder if it was wise to continue to force the idea of only marriage of 'one man and one woman'. One of those could be gay. It would be better for society for gays to marry each other rather than marry straight partners and pass on whatever trait produces homosexuality. However if homosexuals want to raise their own children,(the instinct to be a parent is separate from sexual orientation). They should be allowed to adopt.
They hire a surrogate woman to bare their child. or use a sperm bank so one of them can be the biological mother.
No one forced the queer to marry. He did that all on his own.
BeekerBeeker

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Knotting Ham has a better sale then Windover does.
Dorn

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Big Tony wrote:
<quoted text>

He married a straight because he could not legally marry the man he loved.
MuchMore

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

stupid California Republican activists gathered for their spring convention 2013 at the state capital to try and revitalizing the sick party.

Talking Points;

1.) Republicans hold no statewide offices.

2.) They are weak in the Legislature against Democrats' two-thirds supermajority.

3.) They lost ground here in the 2012 congressional election.

4.) The state party is heavily in debt.

5.) Most if not all California voters HATE them.
Big Tony

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>He married a straight because he could not legally marry the man he loved.
How stupid does that sound, he married a straight because he couldn't marry a queer. Wow, how desperate is that? I wouldn't marry another guy just because I couldn't marry a woman that I loved. No one forced him to marry, let alone a woman that queers find repulsive. To fake his whole life!! You know he couldn't have been giving the love to the woman like she thought she would get, not even close. That's really pathetic.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have friends that are married that cannot have children, now you want to deny their rights as well?
What part of my statenent.....
The bottom line is sex between men and women makes babies.
.....was unclear, or false?
I also know an older couple who are getting married that have no intention of having children, now you want to deny their rights to marry as well?
Again what was unclear or false about that statement?
I didnít realize just how far you Prop 8 supporters were willing to go, to rip asunder millions of marriages even by straight people, or am I misunderstanding you and marriage has nothing whatsoever to do with having babies?
I think you mean conjugal marriages of husband and wife.
Because if it has nothing to do with having babies then we can dispense with that entire line of arguments.
Which is it?
1 Marriage is specifically only for people who are going to have babies
2 The intention of having babies has nothing to do with the right to marry
One or the other please and then we can continue to discuss this
Sigh..... marriage is about the sexes, both of them, what they do, have sex, and what that sex makes, babies. Not every marriage can, or will either have sex, and/or make babies. That doesn't change human reproduction and marriage as a societal means of regulating that, and sex between men and women. Men and women, regardless of procreational ability, and/or intention to have sexual relations, and have married. Why would it change now?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of my statenent.....
<quoted text>
.....was unclear, or false?
<quoted text>
Again what was unclear or false about that statement?
<quoted text>
I think you mean conjugal marriages of husband and wife.
<quoted text>
Sigh..... marriage is about the sexes, both of them, what they do, have sex, and what that sex makes, babies. Not every marriage can, or will either have sex, and/or make babies. That doesn't change human reproduction and marriage as a societal means of regulating that, and sex between men and women. Men and women, regardless of procreational ability, and/or intention to have sexual relations, and have married. Why would it change now?
so what I have gathered here is that for you, marriage is only about making babies. Fortunately you donít get to define marriage for everyone else.

I have news for you, there are already too many babies in the world. I have some more news, many couples donít have children, I know quite a few people that married later in life, or second marriages that have no children from that marriage.

Are you belittling their marriages? Do you deem them less than other marriages? If you do, then I donít particularly care what you deem anymore.

Marriage is a commitment between 2 people, regardless if they will have children or not. You are opposed to this commitment in same sex circumstances, I am not. I believe this is the land of the free, where equality, freedom and justice trump religion, trump tradition, and certainly will trump the view of people that think only having children is what a marriage is all about.

I can tell you right now, children was not the reason I got married, and I would have married her regardless of if we would have children or not, and I donít particularly care what others thing of that.

Same with same sex couples, why should they care what you think?
tennison

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
It would be more ideal if these two senior gays just stuck to blowing each other at the YMCA and kept to themselves. Sounds like YOU want a three-way with them, Dorn.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
He married a straight because he could not legally marry the man he loved.
He married his wife, not a "straight". He must have loved her on some level. The state recognized their marriage because it composition was no different than any other marriage of husband and wife.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

NoIQ wrote:
<quoted text>
He married a woman because he couldn't marry a man???? His life is miserable so he wants to make someone else's life miserable and a lie. Really compassionate creatures.
LOL. Stupid on so many levels. First or all, judging all gay men based on the actions of one.
Second, it takes two to tango. The woman wasn't forced to marry him. Odds are she knew.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Big Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? And you've never felt peer pressure to get married?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
He married his wife, not a "straight". He must have loved her on some level. The state recognized their marriage because it composition was no different than any other marriage of husband and wife.
P.s. I didnít mean to jump on your case earlier, but the whole "marriage is for making babies" argument just pisses me off. It could not be farther from the truth.

One of my daughters is incapable of having children for medical reasons, and to think anyone would belittle her marriage to her husband because "marriage is only about making babies" makes me what to hit someone... and I am a peaceful person... but go after my kids and the hair raises on the back of my neck.

I know that was not your intent, but there is a HUGE hole is the "marriage is for making babies" argument.

It is a lame excuse of an argument.

None of my children happen to be gay, but I would be fully supportive of any of them if they happened to be. I do have an extended family member that is gay, and she got married before prop 8 and is one of the 18,000 legally married same sex couples in California, and I applaud them and wish them well.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
He married a woman because he couldn't marry a man???? His life is miserable so he wants to make someone else's life miserable and a lie. Really compassionate creatures.
Yeah.... sort of like your wife....married to a closet queen.
Francisco dAnconia

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.... sort of like your wife....married to a closet queen.
wow mona, let me ask, how can a person who is content with their life be as vile as you...

oh right...
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Francisco dAnconia wrote:
<quoted text>
wow mona, let me ask, how can a person who is content with their life be as vile as you...
oh right...
Oh I'M the vile one in this exchange, eh? So you prefer "go stick a dick up your ass and then suck the shit off it??" I see what kind of dirty girl you are now.... tsk, tsk, tsk
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you feel pier pressure and eat p:u:ss:y because of it? Stupid FAGG@T
pier pressure? Mkay..........
Francisco dAnconia

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I'M the vile one in this exchange, eh? So you prefer "go stick a dick up your ass and then suck the shit off it??" I see what kind of dirty girl you are now.... tsk, tsk, tsk
yup.

are you actually trying to pretend I would write something like that?

you are VILE and a total FRAUD.
harvey milk

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

sex changes ...the undrelineg is SSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEXXXXX CHANGES.....TWO GUYS GET A SEX CHANGE ...THEIR STILL ATTRACTED TO WOMAN..........SAN FRANCISCO IS WAY ADHEAD OF ITS TIME..........REMEMBER HOW MANY CRAZIES HAVE COME THRU SAN FRANCISCO..........JIM JONES AND HIS CULT..........ANTON LAVEY AND HIS FRIENDS.........SO WHY DID SAN FRANCISCO OFFER FREE SEX CHANGES.......WELL IN INDIA THEY ABDUCT YOU AND GIVE YOU A SEDX CHANGE ..DOES ANYONE FROM ASIA LIVE OR MOVED TO SANFRANCISCO...LOOK UP ARTICLES ON FLASE MEMORY SYNDROME.....LOOK AFRICAN CULTS......STEALING PEOPLE BANK ACCOUNTS GIVE THESE PEOPLE MONEY TO ACCESS TECHNOLOGY..........THINK ABOUT IT
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Francisco dAnconia wrote:
<quoted text>
yup.
are you actually trying to pretend I would write something like that?
you are VILE and a total FRAUD.
The person I responded to wrote that to me.... and you jumped in to call me vile. See what happens in your manic zeal? But then you always did have a problem following the narrative. It must be murder for you in a courtroom.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 159,661 - 159,680 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cerritos Discussions

Search the Cerritos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Rapper severs penis, jumps off building 36 min Oonga Boonga 10
Disappointingly low turnout in Long Beach prima... 1 hr note taker 8
Boeing Contract 3 hr al Furqan 1
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 4 hr Funny 1,222
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 8 hr Follow the dog 15,655
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Tue Bag itts 4,551
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Tue lug heads 7,298
•••
•••

Cerritos News Video

•••
Cerritos Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cerritos Jobs

•••
•••