Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#181448 Feb 26, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
You bet, buddy.
History has shown this: given enough momentum, a rights-activism movement in America cannot be stopped (i.e. racial equality, gender equality, the American revolution...)
Everyone has a purpose. That's what sets the two sides of this debate apart; one side's extreme is shown to consistently show more faith in human capability than the other.
And it ain't your side, if I may resort to briefly using Texan slang.
It's not my fault you are a bigot.

BTW, what is my side? We all know you can't answer that question.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#181449 Feb 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Moreover, homosexuality is a far more promiscuous orientation than heterosexuality.
Jealous?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181450 Feb 26, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Umm she hates your lying no good two timing dead beat azz???
No, that's not it.

It's because it used to be believed that procreation between close relatives causes medical problems in the offspring.

This had proven to be greatly exaggerated and mostly false.

But the old law remains.

Try and get unstuck from stupid fruitcake.

Location hidden

#181451 Feb 26, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to legalize multiple-partner marriage than go right on ahead, see where you get.
Interesting, so you aren't for equal right's? I figured since you have claimed the moral high ground you would be.

But that's OK, bigot.
Paroolah Busw3aanaritsa

Sonoma, CA

#181452 Feb 26, 2013
Buy many disposable bags soonest. We have them on sale. Immediately when your dollar devalues you will want to sell them back but we will be only be able to offer a fraction of the money you have invested. We love a bargain and your stoopid sequester guarantees that all of Afrika will be able to buy you out cheap when the tumble of your economy has ended. Great plan. Haaaagh!
Strategic thinking.

Location hidden

#181453 Feb 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, don't have a right to be happy. As horrible as you are, you obviously aren't, and no law is being broken.
Wow, you need med's... Lots of them!!!!

Location hidden

#181454 Feb 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a point?
No, you don't. You're just a bitter troll.
I do, but we don't expect you to understand it.

Location hidden

#181455 Feb 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a point? You post doesn't have anything to do with arguments for or against gay marriage.
I can't help it if you are confused, that has been an issue of yours since long before I began posting here, I can hardly fix your ignorance.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181456 Feb 26, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my fault you are a bigot.
BTW, what is my side? We all know you can't answer that question.
Like Pietro succinctly put it, what's good for the gay goose is not good for the poly gander.

Location hidden

#181457 Feb 26, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please indicate how property disbursement will be allocated in a poly marriage where a man has say 4 wives.
wife # 1 , married 15 years, 5 children
wife #2, married 10 years, 4 children
wife #3 Married, 5 years,3 children
wife # 4 married 1 year, 1 child
The husband wishes to divorce wife #1. Will she get the house, and a bulk of his assets? How will that be fair to the 3 remaining wives.
He wants to divorce all 4, how will the property be split, will it be based on duration of each marriage.
The husband dies, at that point all 4 are widows, tell me Frank who will receive his social security, for the children, will each of them receive the same?
As you can see same sex marriages will not affect any standing laws.
Last I checked, the difficulty of applying equality wasn't a litmus test for granting it.

Location hidden

#181458 Feb 26, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>No, doesn't sound better, you moron. The government grants marriage. OF COURSE they have a say. It seems that you lack even a basic understanding of the world.
"Government grants"??? My how far we have come since 1776.
All Toll

Covina, CA

#181459 Feb 26, 2013
An indictment unsealed in Yolo County this afternoon lays out 35 counts against former West Sacramento police Officer Sergio Alvarez, who authorities sexually assaulted several woman while on duty.

The indictment says that two of the six victims were allegedly assaulted on more than one occasion.

The 37-year-old Alvarez faces charges of rape, sodomy, oral copulation and kidnapping for crimes that occurred between Oct. 1, 2011 and Sept. 23, 2012, according to the indictment.

=cpy
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181460 Feb 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I call bullsh!t. I don't use anti gay epithets Miss Thing. Maybe you sense my contempt for you, but it's not because you're gay.
I have friends and family I love dearly that are homosexuals bla bla bla.
It's a NY thing. You're from Joisey. You never heard someone call another "fruitcake" or fruitloops"? It has no sexuality connotation. You have a huge chip on your shoulder.
If it has any meaning beyond "dude" or etc. It means you're crazy. Nuttier than a fruitcake.
Having said that fruitloops, Screw off you miserable old malcontent hypocrite. Glad it makes you angry.
Hope that helps.
Makes me angry? hahahahaahahahha Yeah, right..... you have the power to "make me" angry.... That's a good one, for a bullshit artist. I can't believe you even tried to claim fruitcake and fruitloops are not anti-gay epithets. You lie so often you can't tell the difference any more.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181461 Feb 26, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I hope you catch up before you die.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181462 Feb 26, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous?
He's retarded.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#181463 Feb 26, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, murder is illegal, as is slavery, and women can vote.

Location hidden

#181464 Feb 26, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
That was intelligent.

Location hidden

#181465 Feb 26, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are in such desperate need of an education.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,--That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. "

Government doesn't grant us sh$$.

Location hidden

#181467 Feb 26, 2013
In all our associations; in all our agreements let us never lose sight of this fundamental maxim - that all power was originally lodged in, and consequently is derived from, the people.- George Mason
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181468 Feb 26, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes me angry? hahahahaahahahha Yeah, right..... you have the power to "make me" angry.... That's a good one, for a bullshit artist. I can't believe you even tried to claim fruitcake and fruitloops are not anti-gay epithets. You lie so often you can't tell the difference any more.
You sure you're not angry Fruitcake?

Lets entertain your straw man argument that I am lying for a moment, and you have rooted me out and exposed me! So what? What are you going to do then?

And why would that prove polygamy shouldn't be allowed?

In your anger, don't shoot the messenger.

Awright then twinkletoes, you think about it and get back to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebola Q&A: How would the virus be handled in Lo... 22 min Jeff Brightone 1
Suspect in fatal car chase to be arraigned (Jul '10) 3 hr Curious 21
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) 5 hr lil insane man 1,731
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Trojan 27,589
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr big meech 16,010
Seattle rents rising faster than in any other m... 7 hr Ronald 2
Daniel Crespo (Jun '07) 11 hr Life Long BG resi... 48

Fire Weather Watch for Los Angeles County was issued at September 30 at 12:52PM PDT

Cerritos News Video

Cerritos Jobs

Cerritos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cerritos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cerritos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]