Port of Long Beach Invests $100M to L...

Port of Long Beach Invests $100M to Lower Pollution

There are 2 comments on the NBC Los Angeles story from May 6, 2013, titled Port of Long Beach Invests $100M to Lower Pollution. In it, NBC Los Angeles reports that:

Huge cargo ships often stay at a port for days, in many instances with their diesel engine running.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Los Angeles.

clarence darrow

United States

#1 May 7, 2013
"What that simply means is being able to connect the ship, when it's 'hoteling' in the port, up to power on the grid," said Bob Foster, mayor of Long Beach. "That is the equivalent of taking 33,000 cars off the road."

And giving 33,000 illegals sanctuary to live in the city is equivalent to putting 33,000 cars right back on the road, you rolling bovine simpleton.
The Mad Man

Riverside, CA

#2 May 7, 2013
clarence darrow wrote:
"What that simply means is being able to connect the ship, when it's 'hoteling' in the port, up to power on the grid," said Bob Foster, mayor of Long Beach. "That is the equivalent of taking 33,000 cars off the road."
And giving 33,000 illegals sanctuary to live in the city is equivalent to putting 33,000 cars right back on the road, you rolling bovine simpleton.
Nice thought?
Will this entitle them to get car insurance?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 32,248
Hack a car in Michigan, go to prison for life i... 5 hr John 1
La Mirada 2017 Election 19 hr WTFatLMcityHall F... 3
News Gang member held in shooting of 9-year-old (Oct '09) Sun TurkBandit 46
News Long Beach Judge Throws Out Arrest Of Man Accus... Sun Holy Silicon Wafer 4
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) Sun El Manda Mas 2,954
News Man shot in apparent gang-related shooting in A... (Feb '08) Sun Roland guerrero 36
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cerritos Mortgages