Comments
2,881 - 2,900 of 3,082 Comments Last updated Wednesday
Trisha Barber MacKenzie

Santee, CA

#2999 Dec 12, 2013
My dad was stationed at Evreux too -- 1963-66. I went to the dependent school there and lived at 2662 Lafayette Village. I've reconnected with Pat Messitt and Pattie Carbone . . . wonder if anyone know Suzanne Nickel (and Karl her twin), Bobbie Fosterman, Terry Moore --
Butch Wester

Live Oak, FL

#3000 Dec 12, 2013
Jerry Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>Butch I arrived at 257th in January 1965 and put up in Delta bay for about three months then was granted permission to live off post on a house boat in Port Marley with Mike Goldman, Charlie, walter, and Jaun soto. I worked shift in the comcenter for about three months then I worked days only doing reports for DCA and that lasted untill I went home in June 1966. Made two trips to Le Mans the last one in 66 with Joe Rico. I remember your name, but don't remember the faces.
Jerry Roberts
I remember Juan Soto, and I also went to Le Mans in 1966. I remember the Turbine cars Andy Granatelli (sp?) with STP entered in the race. They would reverse the engine at the 100 m mark going into the turns and just whistle through, while the normal cars were downshifting and 200 and 100 mark and throwing sparks through the curves. I swear I should remember you and those other folks, but just can't. Lived for a while with Shoemaker, Reese, and a couple of other guys off post in a couple of different places. Shoemaker had a 50 something baby blue ford. Reese had a volkswagon, and one of the guys had a 53 for station wagon the color of a Heineken bottle. Other names are Connelly, LeDrue Lyth, Scott Fee, Marty Martinez, Hopkins, Ralph Deerburger, Jerry Kleinknecht, Michael kozlowski, Michael Brown, Eugene ??(Oriental guy who hung himself in a cadre room), Wood, big guy from Tenn. bad about getting drunk and rowdy.
Dan Ford

Somersworth, NH

#3002 Dec 20, 2013
I checked out this website to learn more about the Polish Labor Guards who served at Coligny Caserne toward the end of the 1950s. This was for a memoir I was writing. It is now finished and published, with the e-books available now and the paperback edition available in a few weeks' time. The title is POLAND'S DAUGHTER, and you can learn more at danfordbooks.com online.
tomsimons

Humble, TX

#3003 Dec 21, 2013
MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL
Tom

joe m

Laughlin, NV

#3004 Dec 25, 2013
merry Christmas to everyone who served in france from Laughlin nv.
Norman Gardner

Bronx, NY

#3005 Dec 26, 2013
Happy holidays to alll the Bussac buddies out there.
Cheryl Miller

Purcellville, VA

#3006 Dec 26, 2013
I just found this website and thought you would enjoy a story that happened on my first day at Paris American Elementary in 1958.

My father was stationed at Camp des Loges in 1958-1959. We lived in Petit Beauregard. On the first day of school,(I was in the 6th grade and spoke no French at the time) an army bus took us to school. At school, someone got on the bus and told us to write down the number on the bus, as this was the bus that would take us home. When school let out, there were 50+ school buses waiting to take us home. I found the army bus and got on. I did not see anyone I knew. Instead of going to Petit Beauregard, it went to St. Germaine. The bus driver was French. I knew eventually the bus would go back to the Motor Pool, nearby, but I could not communicate with the bus driver. Fortunately, there was someone who could tell the bus driver what happened. He dropped me off at the entrance to Petit Beauregard about 2 hours after my journey began.

To this day, I still don't know how everyone else found the correct bus (a city bus) to take them home.

Even though we were not in France very long, I do have some fond memories of the time we spent there.
Steve

Woodbine, MD

#3007 Dec 29, 2013
Jane wrote:
My family lived in L'Hautil par Triel aqnd my father worked at CDL. There from 1962-1965. Would lov to see photos!
We lived on Rue de L'Hautil in Triel 1962-63. Went to Paris American School in Garches. Rode a small Renault army bus from Triel to Garches. I believe one of the other riders was named Jane. Could that be you??
Earl LaDere

Alma, MI

#3009 Jan 4, 2014
edward hopkins wrote:
was stationed at braconne, 1962-1964.at headquarters co. on winning volley ball team in 1962. southern france.
Hi Ed

I don't remember you but I also played on the volly ball team in 61 and early 62. I guess the only name I remember was Roy Kechuna (not sure of the spelling) But we had a good team.

Earl LaDere
Martine Dernoncourt

Poitiers, France

#3010 Jan 4, 2014
Happy New Year to all who were in France, mostly in La Rochelle, and happy birthday to all who were born in the US Military hospital in Aufredi caserne on the year 1954 !(1952 - 1958).
Martine Dernoncourt, La Rochelle, France.
MaryCarol Hopkins

Cincinnati, OH

#3011 Jan 6, 2014
My family lived in Petit Beauregard in the mid-fifties, and my sister and I went to the Paris-American school. I understand a new school has been built on the old school-ground, but does anyone know if Petit Beauregard is still there, or what became of it? My friends and I played in the woods around the old chateau all the time, but we were yelled at by some people--in French, of course, so we had no idea why they were angry. No one ever told us about live ammunition, or any danger, and we never went very close to the chateau, but we certainly had the impression that people were living there.

Does anyone know the address, or how to find the place--even if it's not really there anymore?

Since: Jul 12

Stroud, UK

#3012 Jan 7, 2014
MaryCarol Hopkins wrote:
My family lived in Petit Beauregard in the mid-fifties, and my sister and I went to the Paris-American school. I understand a new school has been built on the old school-ground, but does anyone know if Petit Beauregard is still there, or what became of it? My friends and I played in the woods around the old chateau all the time, but we were yelled at by some people--in French, of course, so we had no idea why they were angry. No one ever told us about live ammunition, or any danger, and we never went very close to the chateau, but we certainly had the impression that people were living there.
Does anyone know the address, or how to find the place--even if it's not really there anymore?
Hi MaryCarol, yes Petit Beauregard is still there, go on Google Earth and search Domaine du Petit Beauregard, Celle-Saint-Cloud, France. Not far to the NW is the old SHAPE due west to Camp Voluceau (SSW from Shape) and Camp des Loges is in the St Germain Forest to the NW of Saint-Germain-en-Laye. Camp des Loges is the training ground of PSG (Paris-St-Germain) Football club (Soccer to you)...France's premier team.
Have fun, Paul
Meriochaud James

Lyon, France

#3013 Jan 7, 2014
Norman Gardner wrote:
Happy holidays to alll the Bussac buddies out there.
Hi,
Happy New Year to you as well ! James
joe federico

East Hartford, CT

#3014 Jan 7, 2014
In the 1960's I was stationed with the 29th base post office in Metz france. I would be interested in connecting with anyone that was stationed at colone concern. these were the best years of my young life
I met my future wife there(Yvonne Biagini) we were married on July 15 th 1961.We just celebrated our 50th wedding anversity and spent 3 weeks with her family in france
Stephanie

Boston, MA

#3015 Jan 7, 2014
Im trying to find some articles/pictures of my father while he eas stationed in poitiers france from 1960-1964. In 1962 he won a weight lifting/bodybuilding title for best physique. Name: William Nutter
Kari

Marion, IN

#3017 Jan 9, 2014
Philippe wrote:
I'm looking for American citizens who have lived in military bases in France up to the sixties. I'd like to listen to their memories, possibly see some old pics. If I can get in touch with a sufficent amount of persons, I'd like to write a book about these specific circunstances.
Looking forward to hear from you
Sincerely,
Philippe
I am actually looking for a Philippe and Sylvia that were born to an american citizen stationed in France Philippe was born in OK in 1963 and Sylvia born in France in 1965. If anyone on here has any information that could help me find them, I would greatly appreciate it!
Jim Turlington

Sanford, FL

#3023 Feb 1, 2014
My father, was stationed in Maison Fort from 1961-64. I attended 1-3 grade at the American School. Our family lived on the French economy. We lived in France twice ,I was born in La Rochelle ,France ,we later in 1969-70 were stationed in Zweibrucken ,Germany.
Theresa

Murray, KY

#3026 Feb 9, 2014
Hello to all,
I have the long list of the present American servicemen to FONTENET ( St Jean d' Angely) period 1959-1960!
Friendly

Do you have a man listed of the name Evaristo Garcia, do not know what his rank was, he is my father. My mother is French from La Rochelle.
charlieblute

Beverly, MA

#3028 Feb 10, 2014
Theresa wrote:
Hello to all,
I have the long list of the present American servicemen to FONTENET ( St Jean d' Angely) period 1959-1960!
Friendly
Do you have a man listed of the name Evaristo Garcia, do not know what his rank was, he is my father. My mother is French from La Rochelle.
I have a website at http://apo259fontenetfrance.wikifoundry.com/ which is dedicated to the people who were at Fontenet from the time it open to the time it closed. There is a very long list there. My email is there also.
Norman Gardner

Bronx, NY

#3029 Feb 11, 2014
Is there a website for APO 215 that anyone may know of?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Readers react to Long Beach school being named ... 19 min Susan 9
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 44 min RiccardoFire 200,586
Boba/shaved ice supplies 1 hr socaljohn91 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,082
Man Fatally Stabbed In Fullerton (Nov '07) 3 hr RASCALS CLICK CBS... 69
Plane stowaway claims to suffer from 'whistlebl... 7 hr One Leads To Another 1
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 8 hr LMSA info 4,940
•••

Cerritos News Video

•••
•••

Cerritos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••