people in military bases in France in...
NORM ENTERLINE

Mountain Home, AR

#2891 Sep 4, 2013
ETAIN 1957-SPANGDAHLEM 57 TO 59

[email protected]
Jerry Gallagher

Nomans Land, MA

#2892 Sep 11, 2013
David White wrote:
Bonjour Philippe,
I lived in Paris from 1965-1967 while my father worked at Camp de Loges. I've returned to Paris several times in the past 5 years and, although I did not look for that former base, I did tour the apartments where we lived (in La Celle Saint Cloud). The only other location in Paris that I found from the 1960s was a former American officers club on Rue Marbeuf.
Worked at USEUCOM. Base still there. Operated by French. Paris St Germain football club offices and practice facilities are across the street.
Steve

Royse City, TX

#2893 Sep 11, 2013
Neil wrote:
<quoted text>
My Father was stationed at TRAB 62-65 . I knew Charles at Toul American HS ( Joan D Arc )I graduated in "65" We lived in the trailers on the back of TRAB
This is Steve, Reed I can not remember if I ever responded to your post about "Charles", if he was in High school around the time I was there he would have been much older than I was and doubtful I would have had any interaction with him. I did go to elementary school at Joan D' Arc and we did live in Regina Village up until our departure back to the real world in 1965.
John Lucas

Washington, DC

#2894 Sep 11, 2013
Camp Gazaux was a recreation center located on Lake Gazaux ("Etang Gazaux" on Google Map) in a pine tree forest southwest of Bordeaux. The camp hosted families and Boy Scouts (during separate weeks in the summer months). Lodging accommodations were GP medium tents on concrete hard-stand. There was a regulation Army mess hall, an aid station, and latrines. The beach (across the road) was actual sand. Boats were small day sailors and canoes.
Someone has posted some nice B&W photos at http://www.troop1018.org/Past_Activities/Caza...

Someone has posted some nice B&W photos at http://www.troop1018.org/Past_Activities/Caza...
Larry McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother and I went to Camp Cazaux at least one year. My Dad was a Dept. of the Army Civilian stationed at Captieux 1958 - 1967. We were about the last ones out the gate.
I remember sleeping on army cots in big tents at Camp Cazaux. We did lots of water activities there swimming, row boating, canoeing. It was a great time.
I don't remember the exact year but am sure it was between 1959 - 1961.

Since: Apr 11

Houston, TX

#2895 Sep 12, 2013
John Lucas wrote:
Camp Gazaux was a recreation center located on Lake Gazaux ("Etang Gazaux" on Google Map) in a pine tree forest southwest of Bordeaux. The camp hosted families and Boy Scouts (during separate weeks in the summer months). Lodging accommodations were GP medium tents on concrete hard-stand. There was a regulation Army mess hall, an aid station, and latrines. The beach (across the road) was actual sand. Boats were small day sailors and canoes.
<quoted text>
John - As I recall the Fontainbleau BSA Troop was #101. I went to summer camp with the Troop in the summer of 1966. Do you know ifTroop 101 went to this Camp Cazaux?

I am also amazed that you know some much of this stuff and can find all these pictures, etc.

Thanks!!
Jim
John Cross

Dallas, TX

#2896 Sep 12, 2013
Bonjour Paul:

J'ai fait le pus part de mon service militaire à La Braconne. J'y'étais pendent les années 1960 jusqu'à 1963. Je me suis mariéà 1961 et depuis là ma ma femme et moi a habité la ville de Montbron.

Je voudrais d'apprendre de vos experiences au dépot de la Braconne.

John Cross
[email protected]
Boujut Paul wrote:
Hello!
I just came upon this site.
I worked on Braconne General Depot from 1956 till 1966 (except two years break due to my military service in Algeria).
I served as cost accountant in the Comptroller Office cost accounting unit.
In 1966 Robert A. Koob, Capt Ord Corps was comptroller.
I filed fews pictures from that time (Armed Forces Days, elementary school, fire station; chapel, visit of French VIP's...) and documents .
I hope to shared informations to anyone be interested.
Doug Donnell

Alexandria, VA

#2897 Sep 13, 2013
Jim Best wrote:
<quoted text>
John - As I recall the Fontainbleau BSA Troop was #101. I went to summer camp with the Troop in the summer of 1966. Do you know ifTroop 101 went to this Camp Cazaux?
I am also amazed that you know some much of this stuff and can find all these pictures, etc.
Thanks!!
Jim
I'm the one that took those pictures way back in the day (they're posted on my troop website -- I'm still involved in Scouting as an adult leader). I've tried to find the exact location of the old Scout camp on the map, but can't figure it out -- too much has changed over the years. I also posted some memories of Camp Cazaux on another website ( http://dreuxairbasefrancememories.org/ )for anyone that's interested (in the "memories of Dreux" section.
Jim Feldman

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#2898 Sep 13, 2013
I was a signal supply officer stationed in Poitiers, France at the U. S. Army Signal Supply Control Agency, located at the Caserne Aboville, from 1962-1964. I am now a retired lawyer living in Stow, Ohio USA. If anybody wants pictures I took back then, I could look into my old pix files to see what I could find. Email me. My email address is [email protected]
Tom Johnson

Bowie, TX

#2899 Sep 14, 2013
Jim Feldman wrote:
I was a signal supply officer stationed in Poitiers, France at the U. S. Army Signal Supply Control Agency, located at the Caserne Aboville, from 1962-1964. I am now a retired lawyer living in Stow, Ohio USA. If anybody wants pictures I took back then, I could look into my old pix files to see what I could find. Email me. My email address is [email protected]
Hi Jim,
We have a Yahoo Group for Poitiers, with lots of pictures in the Album, but always want more. Right now Yahoo is messing with all the Yahoo Groups, and we're not sure what the Sites will look like once they are finished with us. I'll send you a private email, and get the url for the Group at the same time. In the meantime, you can email me personally at [email protected], or visit my Blog at http://pulplair.blogspot.com where I review books and have Links to other places. I was stationed at Poitiers from 1963 to 1966 with the 202nd MPs. We have some 313 Signal boys and lots of others, as well as other military Posts and bases (Army, Air Force, and maybe Navy who were in France. Lots of history. I'll be in touch shortly.
BobbyP Nicholasville Ky

Nicholasville, KY

#2900 Sep 17, 2013
Harbord Barracks, 1962 -1964
Madeline Sayers

South San Francisco, CA

#2901 Sep 18, 2013
Kent Bole wrote:
Kent, As you can see, we share the same first name. I was stationed at Braconne from fall of '60 until spring of '63. I was in Hq & Hq Co and worked in Personnel. Most of the time was in
charge of the pay records section. What is your brother-in-law's name? I might remember him. I
have a few photos from there. My email is:
[email protected] Contact me.<quoted text>
Kent,
I'm searching for a Army veteran stationed in France in the 1960's. Did the Personnel records you handled include army persons stationed in
Phalsbourg base? Please help me.
Madeline Sayers

South San Francisco, CA

#2902 Sep 18, 2013
Larry Freimuth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Philippe, I was an A/1C at Dreux from Mar 59 to Sept 59. I was in airborn electronics shop.
To all responders,
I'm searching for an Army veteran stationed at the base in Phalsbourg, during the 1960's, his name is Larry Powell. Help me with any info please. You can respond to this post or at my email: [email protected]
Jim Feldman

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#2903 Sep 19, 2013
I have sent a few items on to the folks who maintain the caserne aboville website, including a photo of an old horse used by a junk collector, and two newspaper articles--one about Orador sur Glane, the town massacred by the German SS, and one where 2 sergeants from USSASCA are getting a commdndation for administering first aid to French people injured in an auto crash. As I get some 35 mm color slides put on a CD, I shall send more in.
Al Boka

AOL

#2904 Sep 19, 2013
Gail Williams wrote:
My family lived in "base" house at Grigny from when it first opened, sometime in '56, to '60. My husband and I just recently went back to Paris/Fontainebleau for 2 months and we took the train to Grigny and rode bicycles all around the area and down into Viry Chatillon. What great memories! The three lakes at the bottom of hill are still beautiful. And I love what the French people have done with the duplexes we lived in. My father, Harold "Hal" Marshall, was stationed at Orly and I went to school on base 5th, 6th and 7th. I was so mad at my parents for making me leave. And I go back every chance I get.
Gail,
I know the feeling of nostalgia regarding Paris, Orly etc. I was stationed at the Flight Service Center at Orly from 12/1957 until 12/1961 and loved every minute of it. I to return from time to time to try to recapture the flavor but it just isn't the same...neither am I.
Al Boka

AOL

#2905 Sep 19, 2013
Walt Bollech wrote:
<quoted text>
Ernest Hemingway...to a friend in 1950
"If you are lucky to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you for Paris is a moveable feast".
I have nothing but fond memories of my many visits to Paris.
Walt Bollech
Camp des Loges
Jan 62-May 64
Walt,
I completely agree with Hemingway and think often of the impact of spending the years [age 18-22] living in Paris. It did alter my view of life and the world in general, to this day. By the way, I was also stationed twice at Dover AFB...95 FIS and later MAC Airlift Control Element.
Al Boka - [email protected]
bob varin

Ormond Beach, FL

#2906 Sep 20, 2013
if was in the 97th trans, co. apo21 from 55-57 lalue france. anybody left?
bob varin

Ormond Beach, FL

#2907 Sep 20, 2013
i was in the 97th. trans. co. from 55-57. is there anybody left?
bob varin

Ormond Beach, FL

#2908 Sep 20, 2013
i was in the 97th. trans. co. in 1955-57. was in many nodex operations. are there any one left.
Steve Inman New Orleans

France

#2909 Sep 20, 2013
Lived in Triel. Dad was at Camp de loge 1956-58 Played little league ball there. School at Paris America lived in Triel
Tony Wasco

Kingston, PA

#2910 Sep 20, 2013
I was stationed in Cherbourg France would love to hear from anyone that was there1959-1960 looking to Al & Cathy Frank and their son Michael. Harry Lovell,Pat Patterson Any one please respond.
Also was stationed at Portiers France 1960-1961 looking for Walter Redfern, Chuch Dows, Rich Musselman, Art Bond

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 32,326
Trying to find a Bob Johnson from Long Beach, CA 4 hr helplease 1
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 8 hr Reality Bites 6,741
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 16 hr Robert 3,165
Whittier Varrio Locos Gang (Jun '07) 23 hr CRIPS RUN WHITTIER 1,367
News Man wounded in Hacienda Heights shooting (Jun '12) Wed CRIPS RUN SGV 30
News Gang Injunction Issued In Crack Down On Anaheim... (Mar '08) Wed El Jiringas 508

Cerritos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cerritos Mortgages