people in military bases in France in...
dan graves

Flagstaff, AZ

#2681 May 5, 2013
i processed prisoners in and out of the mannheim-heidelburg post stockade for six months from nov. to march in '64-'65. we had some real wimps and some killers and most everything in between. interesting work.
tomsimons

Humble, TX

#2682 May 5, 2013
There was also a stockade at Lalau. I was stationed at St. Nazaire 59to62
James MERIOCHAUD

Lyon, France

#2683 May 5, 2013
dan graves wrote:
i processed prisoners in and out of the mannheim-heidelburg post stockade for six months from nov. to march in '64-'65. we had some real wimps and some killers and most everything in between. interesting work.
Hi Dan - I have a little correction - should read Mannheim-Heidelberg in Coleman Bks Stockade Facilities //
chaumont

San Francisco, CA

#2684 May 6, 2013
Sylviane wrote:
CHAUMONT AIR BASE en 1952
Qui se souvient de cette base américaine ???
Qui se souvient de Douglas MOORE ???
Qui se souvient de Janine MARTIN ???
Chaumont us memory
website
chaumont

San Francisco, CA

#2685 May 6, 2013
Jim Smedley wrote:
I was in Bracconne from 1964 though 1965. Company D 83rd Construction Eng's. Love to hear from anyone during that time. We went TDY for several months to NATO HQ. Had much fun in Paris. JIm
Welcome to the website of the U.S. Association Memory Chaumont, come and share with us a little piece of our shared history. Concerning the historical presence of Americans in Chaumont land between 1952 and 1967, through documents and testimony

http://chaumont-us-memory.com/index.php/en/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chaumont-US-Me...

new association in france looking for veterans from Chaumont AFB

sincerely yours

philippe carre
Tom Johnson

Whitney, TX

#2686 May 6, 2013
chaumont wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the website of the U.S. Association Memory Chaumont, come and share with us a little piece of our shared history. Concerning the historical presence of Americans in Chaumont land between 1952 and 1967, through documents and testimony
http://chaumont-us-memory.com/index.php/en/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chaumont-US-Me...
new association in france looking for veterans from Chaumont AFB
sincerely yours
philippe carre
I've added a link from our Group at Poitiers to Chaumont US Memory. We have Army & Air Force Members from many bases on the Group. We are here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/caserne_abovill...
Jean-Pierre MERCIER

Bordeaux, France

#2687 May 6, 2013
Hi (SECRET DÉFENSE)!!!!!!!!!
Dans mon TOME 3 sur les camp américains de St Jean de Luz à Ingrandes, je parle des GI’s qui se sont noyés au nombre de 100 environs en aval de l’Estuaire de la Gironde et le 20 janvier et le 04 février 1955, sont impliqués dans ce naufrage, entre autre, la 81 th co amphibie, la 460th co amphibie, la 583th transportation terminal light truck et ++.
Le rapport fait en France par l’armée américaine est faux, car il s’agissait d’une expédition d’engins amphibies partis de La Rochelle et Rochefort vers le Verdon, cela a été un « Echec » complet.
Le rapport fait par l’US Army aux Etats Unis est aussi faux, il fallait que cette malheureuse affaire reste fermée.
Regards
Jean-Pierre MERCIER

Bordeaux, France

#2688 May 6, 2013
Hi (SECRET DEFENCE)!!!!!!...
My VOLUME 3 on the U.S. side of St Jean de Luz in Ingrandes, I mean GI's who drowned in number around 100 downstream of the Gironde estuary and 20 January and 4 February 1955, involved in this shipwreck, among other things, the 81 th co amphibian, amphibious co 460th, the 583th transportation terminal and light truck ++.
The report in France by the U.S. military is wrong, because it was an expedition gear amphibious left La Rochelle and Rochefort to Verdon, this was a "Failed" complete.
The report by the U.S. Army in the United States is wrong, it was unfortunate that this case is closed.
Regards
Scotty Bennett

Dahlonega, GA

#2689 May 7, 2013
I was in to Co "D" 83rd Engr Bn, Braconne fr 10-60 to 9-62. We built & completed the stockade in early 1961.It could handle 40 plus personnel. They eat at our mess hall. I had one guy in my platoon that helped built the stockade was sent there for 2 mo's.
He came back with a much better attitude.
Art Gulliver

Fitchburg, MA

#2690 May 8, 2013
I was stationed in Saran with the 86th engineer co. from October 1961 to August 1962. We lived in two huts. We only had 18 men.I spent a lot of time traveling to different bases to repair things.The unit came back to fort bragg,before being sent ao homestead fl. for the missile crisis.Made some good friends but lost track of them.
Frawley BECKER

Los Angeles, CA

#2691 May 8, 2013
TO: Jerrold Reich SP 4 39th

Do you remember anything about the way it looked? How many stories? What kind of exterior (stucco? brick?) What color? How many floors? Barred cells? Floors of cement or of linoleum or of wood?
A couple of hundred feet long? Did it have its own Mess Hall? Showers? You mention Trash Detail -- were some prisoners allowed outside to do clean-ups? Was an armed guard with them? Two? What other details might a prisoner have had besides Trash Detail? Here's my e-mail if you care to answer that way, I would appreciate it. frilobus@sbcglobal.net Much thanks. MILLE MERCIS!
Frawley Becker in Los Angeles (former Army medic during the Korean War but worked as a DAC at Hqs EUCOM Camp des Loges from 1958-1961)

edward hopkins

Delaware, OH

#2693 May 15, 2013
was stationed at braconne, 1962-1964.at headquarters co. on winning volley ball team in 1962. southern france.
Tom Johnson

Glen Rose, TX

#2694 May 15, 2013
edward hopkins wrote:
was stationed at braconne, 1962-1964.at headquarters co. on winning volley ball team in 1962. southern france.
Hi Edward,
We have several Members on our Poitiers Group that were stationed at Braconne during the same period. Come on over. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/caserne_abovill...
Brian Gladish

Prescott Valley, AZ

#2695 May 15, 2013
Gail Marshall wrote:
Just came upon this website and thought it tres interesting. My father was stationed with US Air Force at Orly from '56 to '60. We lived in base housing in Grigny/Viry Chatillion. I would love to hear from anyone who might have lived there/been stationed there. My folks sadly have passed on. And there's still so much I would have loved to ask them about that time in my life. I was 8 to 12 yrs old. And my heart still lives there. I've been back a few times. My sister and I even visited our old house where the current residents welcomed us in to look around. Paris is my favorite city in the world. I'd live there if I could afford it. I'm planning to go back 10/2010. Some of the things people have mentioned in their posts sound familiar, and I'd like find out more.
My dad was stationed at Orly from '58 to '59. We first lived in Viry-Châtillon and then in Grigny. Until January of the 58-59 school year I went to boarding school at the English School of Paris. Then, until March '59 I was at base school. We were then transferred to Sembach, Germany when De Gaulle kicked out American forces. I don't have too many recollections - my best friend's name was Forest ("Frosty"), but don't remember his family name.
charlieblute

Beverly, MA

#2696 May 16, 2013
Just a reminder that there is another site dedicated to GI's in France at www.apo259fontenetfrance.wetpaint.com Drop in check it out. We have about 500 pictures of people, places in Fontenet.
Lee Young

Greenbrier, AR

#2697 May 19, 2013
I was in 1st truck 60to63. Drove no. 1-58. Also at camp de loges 63to65.
Patrick Saari

Quito, Ecuador

#2698 May 20, 2013
I just discovered this forum today, 20 May 2013. I was born in Pasadena, California, when my father was at CALTECH. My father was Army Corps of Engineer at Camp des Loges from 1956 to 1960, I was 7 when we got there and 11 when we left, my brother Gerald and his twin sister Geraldine are two years older, and my eldest sister Christyl is three years older. My mother's French. We lived in Pontoise in a big house with a big garden, which turned out (supposedly) to be a "folie" of Napoleon III, built for one of his many mistresses, probably in the 1860s. We first went to a local school "La Compassion" run by nuns then went to the Paris American School in Garches. A lot of Americans and our classmates lived in Petit Beauregard, but we had to find a big house, because we were six children plus my French grandmother. We would go by SHAPE everyday. The bus would drop us off at Camp des Loges in St. Germain en Laye, where my father worked and he would take us home. Because we were both French and American, we would get it from both sides, Americans calling us "French frogs" (oohlala, French mama, 25 children and no papa!)and French calling us "Amerloques". We had a huge light-green Buick that could hardly fit into the wrought-iron gate of our house. It was called "la grosse américaine" by the locals or "la grosse bagnole". If anyone has any memories of those times or remembers anything... I can be contacted at <patricksaari@netlife.ec >
Stephan Izzi

Glenwood, MD

#2699 May 20, 2013
Mr. Frawley Becker
What a site! How brilliant the memories for those of us who shared these years in France. I remember your name and have read some of your past posts. What an exciting career! Both my father Bob Izzi (died Oct, 1969) and my mother Lee Izzi enjoyed working with you in a number of productions (Rose Tatoo, The Bad Seed, Lysistrata are some that I recall) We lived there from 1959 to 1963. My brother and I attended both the Paris American Elementary School in Garches and the SHAPE Int'l School in St. Germain. We lived in three huge houses (Poissy, Herblay and Triel-sur-Seine) all of which rekindle many childhood memories. Am happy to have stumbled on this site and relive some memories of a wonderfully fabulous time. Now, at 62, I am nearing the end of my career in medicine.
christiane

Engins, France

#2700 May 21, 2013
hello
please,did you know JOHN E. RICHARDS ?
he was in military basis of Da Nang during the year 1967 into " usaf" vietnam : 366 TFW
thanks
is it possible to have any informations about him
Frawley BECKER

Los Angeles, CA

#2701 May 22, 2013
to STEPHAN IZZI --

Just Xeroxed some photos of Lee which I thought you might like to have. They are mostly from "Lysistrata". Who is Robert Izzi, credited in the program as "A child"? Your brother? Guess he would have been 5 or 6 at the time. If you send me your physical address in an e-mail, I'll send you the photos through the post. Don't know what else you know about me, but you might want to check out "And the Stars Spoke Back", memoirs of my 10 years as a bilingual dialogue coach in Paris. This was after 2 years producing the first Edward Albee plays in France professionally, bringing the actors over from New York. And THAT followed my stint as a civilian Entertainment Director for Hqs EUCOM and my working with your mom. What part of the medical field are you in? My parents wanted me to be a doctor along with my brother and open a clinic with him. They never quite grasped the arts or me till very late in their lives. Here's my e-mail: frilobus@sbcglobal.net All the best,
FRAWLEY BECKER

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 6 min Soccer Reality Check 5,477
Baltimore residents fearful amid rash of homici... 34 min Ronald 2
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 2 hr Serpico 2,540
Ann Coulter Destroys Mexican Organizer Jorge Ramos 6 hr lomax 3
Bobby Sox to hold National Tournament and still... 7 hr LM parent 1
What has happened to Lynwood? (Dec '05) 17 hr mizzpeewee 1,074
News Westminster man shot in possible gang violence (Dec '09) 17 hr 714 county 73
More from around the web

Cerritos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]