How come Hispanics get all the ILWU j...

How come Hispanics get all the ILWU jobs?

Posted in the Cerritos Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
POed

Long Beach, CA

#1 Jul 16, 2012
If one ever goes by the ILWU office on 5th Street in San Pedro. I see nothing but Hispanics there.

A lot of them converse in Spanish so I wonder if they are even supposed to be in America. There are plenty of Americans of all races who would be more than happy to do these jobs.
POed

Long Beach, CA

#2 Jul 16, 2012
Any thoughts?
POed

Long Beach, CA

#3 Jul 17, 2012
POed wrote:
If one ever goes by the ILWU office on 5th Street in San Pedro. I see nothing but Hispanics there.
A lot of them converse in Spanish so I wonder if they are even supposed to be in America. There are plenty of Americans of all races who would be more than happy to do these jobs.
They do have their numbers which of course are enabled by AFDC, EBT, and WIC. And the powers-that-be get intimidated by that. It is just demographic warfare.
Dane Thorsen

Long Beach, CA

#4 Jul 18, 2012
You are being racist which is offensive to the ever expanding EBT Community. Be careful. White peoples best days are behind them.
The Mad Man

Glendale, CA

#5 Jul 18, 2012
Dane Thorsen wrote:
You are being racist which is offensive to the ever expanding EBT Community. Be careful. White peoples best days are behind them.
POed asks a good question and I don't see any answers here. Don't take offense, just try and give a reasonable answer, I know I can't.
Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

#6 Jul 18, 2012
This guy brings up a good point. I have been by that office a couple of times and just see those people. I also see a lot of Hispanics with ILWU stickers on their SUVs.
Navajo Joe

Van Nuys, CA

#7 Jul 19, 2012
They are the best workers honey, plain and simple. sorry :(
huhh

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jul 19, 2012
what the hell does ILWU mean?
wrongo

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jul 19, 2012
Navajo Joe wrote:
They are the best workers honey, plain and simple. sorry :(
Then why are over 50% of all immigrants on some sort of government assistance? You think all those short, fat middle-aged mestizo women walking down the sidewalk with 3 kids in the middle of the day are working? In the meantime, with over 20 million illegals here, Atlanta farmers couldn't find enough workers to pick their crops last season, and produce rotted on the vine.
Time for illegal alien fans to change their stupid arguments. We've imported a new welfare class.
lbc

Long Beach, CA

#10 Jul 19, 2012
hey there WRONGO learn your fact first then start talking, you say that you see short fat middle aged mestizo women walking down the street get welfare, are you sure about that last time i checked you had to have a social security card to get state benefits why don't you talk about the black that are actually in welfare and sell drugs happens all the time in front of my house
sammy r

Long Beach, CA

#11 Jul 19, 2012
This is no big deal. Calif of all races are cowards who allowed their state to be colonized by millions of illegals. If you want a good future for your families .....move. No one is keeping you here.
all4GOD

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Jul 20, 2012
POed wrote:
If one ever goes by the ILWU office on 5th Street in San Pedro. I see nothing but Hispanics there.

A lot of them converse in Spanish so I wonder if they are even supposed to be in America. There are plenty of Americans of all races who would be more than happy to do these jobs.
I work for ILWU and I am not Hispanic. Most of my family works down there at the docks. I am biracial female black and Croatian both sides of my family are down @ the docks. You have every race not just Hispanics at the docks.
Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

#13 Jul 20, 2012
all4GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
I work for ILWU and I am not Hispanic. Most of my family works down there at the docks. I am biracial female black and Croatian both sides of my family are down @ the docks. You have every race not just Hispanics at the docks.
But I agree with POed, I do see a lot of those people at that office whenever I go by there. I just go by what I see.
Navajo Joe

Van Nuys, CA

#14 Jul 20, 2012
jealousy and envy will just kill you, but you need to die anyway worthless white trash.
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#15 Jul 20, 2012
POed wrote:
If one ever goes by the ILWU office on 5th Street in San Pedro. I see nothing but Hispanics there.
A lot of them converse in Spanish so I wonder if they are even supposed to be in America. There are plenty of Americans of all races who would be more than happy to do these jobs.
Are you sure they are not the gardeners??? Do you see them inside picking up a job??? That is the clerks dispatch hall you are refering to.
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#16 Jul 20, 2012
The Mad Man wrote:
<quoted text>
POed asks a good question and I don't see any answers here. Don't take offense, just try and give a reasonable answer, I know I can't.
lol who do you think you are kidding POed? I mean "The Mad Man"
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#17 Jul 20, 2012
Morris the Cat wrote:
This guy brings up a good point. I have been by that office a couple of times and just see those people. I also see a lot of Hispanics with ILWU stickers on their SUVs.
If you want one of those stickers go to your nearest ILWU clothing store and get one, or ask your friendly hispanic longshoreman for one.
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#18 Jul 20, 2012
POed wrote:
Any thoughts?
Because they apply for them????
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#19 Jul 20, 2012
huhh wrote:
what the hell does ILWU mean?
I love Working Union ...
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#20 Jul 20, 2012
wrongo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are over 50% of all immigrants on some sort of government assistance? You think all those short, fat middle-aged mestizo women walking down the sidewalk with 3 kids in the middle of the day are working? In the meantime, with over 20 million illegals here, Atlanta farmers couldn't find enough workers to pick their crops last season, and produce rotted on the vine.
Time for illegal alien fans to change their stupid arguments. We've imported a new welfare class.
1. Not all hispanics are ILWU workers
2. Those women you see with the kids during the day may work the
second or third shift.
3. Maybe that farmer in Atlanta treated his help like shit, so
so the illegas told him to FK off and got jobs with ILWU.
4. The new welfare class is you, because you are here in the middle of the day playing on someones computer

It is what it is ... deal with it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Latinos Running Blacks Straight Outta Compton (Jan '13) 41 min JustStop 136
Burgers contain rat and human DNA, study finds 2 hr Melly36 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 32,267
What has happened to Lynwood? (Dec '05) 4 hr JustStop 1,088
News LOS ANGELES: Consulado Mexicano Sobre Ruedas es... (Nov '08) 7 hr SU MAMA 229
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 15 hr LM Pops 6,498
News Run-in at Rome's Colosseum shows centurions sti... (Jul '07) Apr '16 Fred Cimo 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cerritos Mortgages