Man shot to death in Norwalk this mor...

Man shot to death in Norwalk this morning

There are 81 comments on the Press-Telegram story from Aug 15, 2013, titled Man shot to death in Norwalk this morning. In it, Press-Telegram reports that:

Homicide detectives are investigating the fatal shooting Thursday morning of a man who died later at St. Francis Medical Center, sheriff's deputies said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Telegram.

Anonymous

American Canyon, CA

#41 Aug 22, 2013
Marie wrote:
That was my cousin who was killed. Another cousin of mine was shot in the second shooting but survived. My family is devastated. Please have respect and don't leave negative comments. Until you've been in our shoes & have gone through our pain will you realize what your negative words do to a family in mourning. Thanks
Actually, I have walked in your shoes. My family was devastated when your cousin participated in beating my brother to death, so please forgive if I feel no sympathy for you or your family. Who cares your family is devastated and in mourning. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think about my brother and the pain he endured at the hands of your cousin. For me, it is not RIP Joker, it "Rot in Hell Joker", and my God have mercy on you soul.
norwalk

Englewood Cliffs, NJ

#42 Aug 22, 2013
It kills me to hear people say "he was a good guy" or other bullshit, they know its a lie. But maybe because they live that scum life, they think theres nothing wrong with what that guy has done. I know what kind of person he was, and like I said, it was nothing he didnt bring on himself. Most normal people would say what it is, one less dirtbag to break into your house,car or whatever the case may be.
norwalk friend

Baldwin Park, CA

#43 Aug 22, 2013
I have A question for you ? does killing him make you a better person? think about it you just committed the same stupid crime all for what a fucken GANG ?? you all are pathetic losers you will never know what its like to live a normal life! All you know is you grew up in shit and know you are a piece of shit!!!!!!you will end up in jail or better yet [email protected]!
lib

Los Angeles, CA

#44 Aug 22, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed, this person was a thug, no good, drug slamming junkie who got what he deserved. Good Post!
I couldn't have put it any better. He did got exactly what he deserved. And neither him nor his family get any sympathy. Good riddance! The family should leave Norwalk too. It's people like them that have screwed this place up!
Anonymous

American Canyon, CA

#45 Aug 22, 2013
unknown wrote:
so sad that someone can just take a life. This man was a father, a good father, and son....took care of his parents..........now what???
It makes me sick reading how nice Joker was. Well let me enlighten you, him and his thugs beat my brother to death and got away with it. He was a junkie, sold dope to young kids, and a killer. My brother was a good father, but now he will never see his son graduate from college, celebrate his sons wedding, or ever see his grand children. FYI joker did not take care of his parents, they took care of him. I can assure you there was nothing wonderful about him.
Observer

Long Beach, CA

#46 Aug 23, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes me sick reading how nice Joker was. Well let me enlighten you, him and his thugs beat my brother to death and got away with it. He was a junkie, sold dope to young kids, and a killer. My brother was a good father, but now he will never see his son graduate from college, celebrate his sons wedding, or ever see his grand children. FYI joker did not take care of his parents, they took care of him. I can assure you there was nothing wonderful about him.
So then your brother got what he deserved as well. Gang members don't go around beating people up for the hell of it. May your brother didn't pay up, maybe he was a junkie too, maybe he was running his mouth. The one thing that's is for sure is that he rotted in hell as well, only difference is his ticket got punched earlier.
forever young

Orange, CA

#47 Aug 23, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
So then your brother got what he deserved as well. Gang members don't go around beating people up for the hell of it. May your brother didn't pay up, maybe he was a junkie too, maybe he was running his mouth. The one thing that's is for sure is that he rotted in hell as well, only difference is his ticket got punched earlier.
very well said --^^^^^
nunya

South Gate, CA

#50 Aug 23, 2013
ConcernedCitizen wrote:
Marie, can I ask why your cousin wounded during the second shooting not cooperate with authorities?
My condolences for your loss but what's the real story? Random shootings? I have family very close to that area and it frightens me that they can't walk safely at ANY HOUR because whoever these people are keep coming around.
Are they targeting that area for a certain reason? Are there possible suspects?
The last thing I want is some young, brave, and utterly stupid punks try to retaliate for this. You're not helping the block. You're not exacting revenge. You're putting everyone innocent in danger.
There's always a story. If this were a random shooting there'd be more outrage. Neighbors would demand a higher police presence but all I have seen is police constantly staking out the area as if they know of something or someone that's of their interest.
Every bit of possible information would, and should, be handed over to authorities who can actually help the people who are in no way connected to any of this. That's why when I read reports that the victims of the 2nd shooting were uncooperative it enrages me.
Suck it up, and let the people who can actually make a difference do their job. It's what we pay them for.
My condolences, once again. But this violence needs to stop. If you care about Norwalk at all that should be your first-most concern.
She was running for her life.
chuy

Monterey Park, CA

#51 Aug 23, 2013
live by the sword,die by the sword!
Anonymous

Petaluma, CA

#52 Aug 23, 2013
chuy wrote:
live by the sword,die by the sword!
Good post, so true!
Anonymous

Petaluma, CA

#53 Aug 23, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, first of all my brother was not a gang member ASS WIPE..... Yeah I said it IDIOT!!!!!!

First of all my brother was serverly mentally ill with paranoid schizophrenia, who would not hurt anyone. My brother just happen to live across the street from Jackass Joker. It was probably Joker who owed my brother money. So watch fucking mouth, Bitch. Unless you know what your talking about, I suggest you shut your dam pie hole. Get a clue Loser..........
norwalk friend

Baldwin Park, CA

#54 Aug 23, 2013
Big words from a pathetic loser !! again you grew up in shit and know you are a piece of shit !! you will never ever be what society call a human being! FYI many eyes are watching YOU!! We know who you are! keep looking over your shoulder mother fr! when you least expect it! BAMM
kris

Temecula, CA

#55 Aug 23, 2013
I live in Norwalk, right down the street from the shooting. I am afraid to go out front and get freaked out just driving around here. I don't think any name calling or threatening is going to help anything. I knew of joker, but didn't know him well. let's not forget that he was someones family, as were the people that he hurt or killed. alot of people have 2 sides to them, one side their families know, and the other friends and other associates know.
done messed up

Orange, CA

#56 Aug 23, 2013
R.I.P JOKER you will be missed
lilo

Norwalk, CA

#57 Aug 23, 2013
done messed up wrote:
R.I.P JOKER you will be missed
Lol f***k joker and his mom too!
Observer

Los Angeles, CA

#58 Aug 24, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, first of all my brother was not a gang member ASS WIPE..... Yeah I said it IDIOT!!!!!!
First of all my brother was serverly mentally ill with paranoid schizophrenia, who would not hurt anyone. My brother just happen to live across the street from Jackass Joker. It was probably Joker who owed my brother money. So watch fucking mouth, Bitch. Unless you know what your talking about, I suggest you shut your dam pie hole. Get a clue Loser..........
Far from a loser pendeja.

If your brother was SEVERELY mentally ill then you and your family should have taken better care of him. If somebody thought they were Rambo, Tony Montana or even Peter Pan, if they threatened my life I would kill them before they kill me...retarded or not.
Concerned Neighbor

Los Angeles, CA

#59 Aug 24, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I have lived on Angell for 25 years and I have never seen thing so bad. You say your brother lived across the street? Was he small, thin and unable to annunciate? I remember someone living there but it has been a very long time since I have seen that person.
done messed up

Orange, CA

#60 Aug 24, 2013
lilo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol f***k joker and his mom too!
What's his mom have to do with anything... For everyone not liking him you've all taken time out of your day to think of him if you keep writing about him dam dude is dead and his haters are making him famous......
a girl with flaws

Pico Rivera, CA

#61 Aug 24, 2013
Everyone needs to see the real picture. A man died and his family and friends will forever miss him. The pain they are experiencing would not be any less if he was a perfect man or a person with flaws like everyone of us. Let his loved ones mourn in peace and give them time to heal. The loss of a loved one is one of the most
tragic and devastating things a person could endure.
lilo

Los Angeles, CA

#62 Aug 24, 2013
done messed up wrote:
<quoted text>What's his mom have to do with anything... For everyone not liking him you've all taken time out of your day to think of him if you keep writing about him dam dude is dead and his haters are making him famous......
Cause she raised this idiot! Now that I think about it f***k his grandma too! For raising his b**ch a** mom that raised him!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 min Not who you think 34,812
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 7 hr T Simons 3,707
News Lions Drag Strip's checkered flag (Feb '09) 8 hr BeachGirl61768 39
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) Fri My two cents 10,079
News 'Undocumented' but inspiring (Nov '12) Thu Romano 92
Street Sweeping (Apr '10) Nov 16 UnhappyhomeownerLM 24
are there gangs in cerritos and lakewood? (Jun '09) Nov 13 Wooly 32

Cerritos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cerritos Mortgages