Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker

Nov 27, 2012 Full story: Whittier Daily News 817

Ronald S. Martinez was arrested and convicted of stalking Catherine Carvalho, the principal at St.

Full Story
KarmaIsaBitch

Anaheim, CA

#22 Jan 16, 2013
Disgusted with liars wrote:
Of course she can manipulate a judge. Under those black robes is a human being. While it is true judges hold considerable power in the judicial system, their decisions are not always correct and can be based on bias and persuasion. Wake up! This is the real world we live in. Corruption is everywhere. Just look at all the lies from the administration at St. Bruno.. If that pile of lies gets much higher it will collapse and bury us all.
And speaking of having nothing better to do with our lives, you spend a considerable about of time posting your opinions. Perhaps it is YOU who should find something better to do.
What a delusional fool you are. Do you wear a tin foil hat?
St Bruno Parent

Chatsworth, CA

#23 Jan 23, 2013
Dear Disgusted with liars. If you were truly concerned with your child's safety you would have removed them from the school at the first sign of trouble. The fact that you have not and choose only to complain is proof of that fact. You are putting your children second to your first priority of trying to run this school. News flash. Parents don't run the school. If you don't like the principal take your child and leave. No one wants to listen to your complaining anymore. You same parents have run off 4 principals in 9 years. Enough is enough. Time for a few bad parents to go not the principal. The school will be better for it
for the kids

Whittier, CA

#24 Jan 25, 2013
St Bruno Parent wrote:
Dear Disgusted with liars. If you were truly concerned with your child's safety you would have removed them from the school at the first sign of trouble. The fact that you have not and choose only to complain is proof of that fact. You are putting your children second to your first priority of trying to run this school. News flash. Parents don't run the school. If you don't like the principal take your child and leave. No one wants to listen to your complaining anymore. You same parents have run off 4 principals in 9 years. Enough is enough. Time for a few bad parents to go not the principal. The school will be better for it
The truth is there have been 6 principals over the last 15 years. Maybe you should start thinking of the kids and realize how difficult it is to move a child in the middle of the year. Although, parents have left the school because of this situation. I think it's sad that St. Bruno's has lost families and I hope decisions are made that can help keep the community together so more kids do not have to be victims of this unfortunate situation. Just imagine how different this would have turned out if the truth was disclosed to the families. I hope to God that there are no other issues being hidden by the administration that could affect the children.
PARENT PRO SAINT BRUNO

Whittier, CA

#25 Jan 25, 2013
This school is out of control !!!! It's Amazing how one person can single-handedly bring our school down ! It's absolutely tragic !!! Even all you Pro Principal people have to admit our school is a MESS!! People are at each others throats . Our poor kids and teachers are so distracted . Worried about lock down drills , and unreasonable dismissal policies . Ridicules colored badges that really who can keep track ? By the way Virtus Trained means what ? You went to a class and saw a movie about molestation ? You could be a child predator and have a Virtus certificate . We have an ex police office in charge of security who has all kinds of rumors floating around about her .I'm sure the school hasn't checked into these rumors . Administration has no right to force their parenting skills on us. We have a right to raise our children the way we see fit . I understand that in school our children need to obey the rules set out for them , but after school is my business . Also Father is being prideful and I frankly find it insulting that emails are being sent out supposedly from him when we all know he didn't write it. Honestly it's all smoke and mirrors , trying to make us forget that the bottom line is Ms. C lied and continues to lie straight to our faces . She tries to sugar coat everything . I don't care how many meetings you have that's not going to change anything in fact I feel they make everything worse. She has brought nothing but problems to our school. We should be more concerned about our children's education then worrying about cameras , buzzers and gates. If your stalker is just a " Nuisance " then why even have a restraining order ? I don't want ANY family to leave . I hope that we all survive this. My family has been attending St. Bruno since 1980 and this is THE WORST it has ever been . They are even telling us that we can't park on the street after school ?The administration is trying to Micro Manage us. The Principal has even gone as far as telling teachers and staff that they aren't allowed to socialize with any parents even if their kids go to the school they aren't allowed to have kids over their house in their cars or even go to any birthday parties . Some of these teachers/ staff have been at St.Bruno for years and are friends with many families outside of school. If I was looking for a school now I would NOT consider St . Bruno !!! If you are rating this school with a 5 star you aren't fooling anyone. None of us are Happy :(
PARENT PRO SAINT BRUNO

Whittier, CA

#26 Jan 25, 2013
St Bruno Parent wrote:
The last two two Principals left because they moved out of state. The one before that is at St Marrianne and the one before that works for the City of Whittier and left to care for her elderly mother, and before that is a Principal at La Mirada High School. They simply moved on.
PARENT PRO SAINT BRUNO

Whittier, CA

#27 Jan 25, 2013
Michael wrote:
Carvalho should be ashamed. I worked for her at Corpus Christi in the Palisades -- she is manipulative, vague, and hides behind religion. The staff was thrilled to see her go. However, my hearts go out to St. Bruno. Hopefully they won't have to put up with her much longer.
Thank you , from your mouth to God's ears!!!
PARENT PRO SAINT BRUNO

Whittier, CA

#28 Jan 26, 2013
for the kids wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is there have been 6 principals over the last 15 years. Maybe you should start thinking of the kids and realize how difficult it is to move a child in the middle of the year. Although, parents have left the school because of this situation. I think it's sad that St. Bruno's has lost families and I hope decisions are made that can help keep the community together so more kids do not have to be victims of this unfortunate situation. Just imagine how different this would have turned out if the truth was disclosed to the families. I hope to God that there are no other issues being hidden by the administration that could affect the children.
Amen!
more secrets

Lemoore, CA

#29 Jan 26, 2013
a family member of mine works at the school and i hear new details daily. there is so much hidden from parents that it verges on insane. carvalho needs to leave the school before she fills it with all her secret keeping cronies.
keep your voices heard until she leaves. the children cannot thrive in a school run by a narcissist, where staff are tired, stressed and spread too thin.
Hugo

Whittier, CA

#30 Jan 26, 2013
more secrets wrote:
a family member of mine works at the school and i hear new details daily. there is so much hidden from parents that it verges on insane. carvalho needs to leave the school before she fills it with all her secret keeping cronies.
keep your voices heard until she leaves. the children cannot thrive in a school run by a narcissist, where staff are tired, stressed and spread too thin.
If this post has any truth to it....this is truly concerning. I would truly hate to discover that there is more to the emotional roller coaster.. The only portion of this post which gives it any sort of credibility is the statement of having a family member who works at the school and has a inside line of information.

For the love of sanity and doing the right thing...If there is more to this story and we as parents are being kept in the dark "again"... the involved persons should do the ethical thing and remove themselves...trust has been broken..but if there is more deception...I assure you..the trust will be shattered..

The sad part is,even if they remove themselves... the damage has been done. The healing process after this will be difficult...but not impossible. We were a community before all this drama broke out..and we will be a community after the dusts settles. People in leadership positions need to allow us to do so(move on/heal)...do some internal soul searching and do what is best for the hundreds of lives they are affecting.... even if it means moving on to another chapter in their lives, and start over in another environment.
PARENT PRO SAINT BRUNO

Whittier, CA

#31 Jan 27, 2013
more secrets wrote:
It has become a "TOXIC ENVIRONMENT"!
Staff friend

Walnut, CA

#32 Jan 27, 2013
more secrets wrote:
You speak the total truth! I am a friend of several staff members and also get daily updates. It is frightening to think that a truly unbalanced person is running the school. How terrible that one person could do so much damage in five months. Parents need to wake up and rise up and save their children's school before it is completely destroyed. Carvalho's new policies of trying to control where parents park their cars and who is allowed to exit the front doors is a red flag waving furiously in the wind. Please, parents get it together and demand she be removed. How can Father continue to support her actions? You said it verges on the insane...it has gone over the top and is in the insane!
Past St Bruno Parent

Downey, CA

#33 Jan 27, 2013
For all of you Kool Aid drinkers.... they have even manipulated the likes of GreatSchools.com , as there where posts on the site last week, forewarning parents checking out St. Bruno about the current issues. Those have been removed. They are throwing Big Brother around everywhere. The truth cannot even be told on outside websites without them snaking their way in. Below is a post I tried to put on Greatschools.com and guess what, never made it...wonder why...

What has become of St. Bruno's....wow through the years we were all used the revolving door of ever changing principals. It seems the current situation now has hit the path of no return. A divided school & community, parents being dismissed as their concerns really don't matter. Anyone new reading this look up what has been happening in the Daily News online, this principal has a 30 year stalker & it was swept under the rug. Alas just as so many "issues" with the church as been, disagree...see the latest news on Cardinal Mahony's "Moral Failure" that is in the LA Times this week. These are your leaders whom you are entrusting with your child 5 days a week. Current parents have every right to speak up & continue to be heard, most of them, along with the long time staff BUILT this community, which is now being torn down by a principal that uses religion as her way to cut you down, and a Pastor that is just weak all around & likes to spend money & hear his own voice. Current parents of St Bruno continue to have your voice be heard, to the parents reading that are checking out this school for your child, do your homework, don't drink the Kool Aid that many are serving up here.
PARENT PRO SAINT BRUNO

Whittier, CA

#34 Jan 27, 2013
Past St Bruno Parent wrote:
For all of you Kool Aid drinkers.... they have even manipulated the likes of GreatSchools.com , as there where posts on the site last week, forewarning parents checking out St. Bruno about the current issues. Those have been removed. They are throwing Big Brother around everywhere. The truth cannot even be told on outside websites without them snaking their way in. Below is a post I tried to put on Greatschools.com and guess what, never made it...wonder why...
What has become of St. Bruno's....wow through the years we were all used the revolving door of ever changing principals. It seems the current situation now has hit the path of no return. A divided school & community, parents being dismissed as their concerns really don't matter. Anyone new reading this look up what has been happening in the Daily News online, this principal has a 30 year stalker & it was swept under the rug. Alas just as so many "issues" with the church as been, disagree...see the latest news on Cardinal Mahony's "Moral Failure" that is in the LA Times this week. These are your leaders whom you are entrusting with your child 5 days a week. Current parents have every right to speak up & continue to be heard, most of them, along with the long time staff BUILT this community, which is now being torn down by a principal that uses religion as her way to cut you down, and a Pastor that is just weak all around & likes to spend money & hear his own voice. Current parents of St Bruno continue to have your voice be heard, to the parents reading that are checking out this school for your child, do your homework, don't drink the Kool Aid that many are serving up here.
Well put !!! I'm not going down without a fight!!! Our school is a "HOT MESS " Thank you to those past parents who are rooting for us! I too wrote on Great schools what a crock that all the comments where deleted.
Andrea

Walnut, CA

#35 Jan 27, 2013
KarmaIsaBitch wrote:
<quoted text>
What a delusional fool you are. Do you wear a tin foil hat?
It is you who is the biggest fool of all. You really haven't a clue, now do you?
Amazed

Modesto, CA

#36 Jan 28, 2013
more secrets wrote:
I have been following this story for months and as each new development unfolds I am amazed that there are still some parents who cannot see past the obvious deceptions and manipulations. Are you really going to let the principal dictate whether or not you can park on a public street? Can you not see the "crazy" all around you? And now she has a bodyguard of a questionable background? And why does a principal need a bodyguard?
The person who posted and warned "not to drink the kool-aid" shares my exact perspective. How much more has to happen before ALL the parents wake up and see the reality of the situation? It is all so sad to hear that a place dedicated to teaching children has turned into a "toxic environment" ( to quote another person who posted.)
Tiger Fan

Wake Forest, NC

#37 Jan 28, 2013
Hmmmmm!
SBS Alum - Former Parent

Whittier, CA

#38 Jan 28, 2013
In a school with young children, transparency is a MUST. This has been handled with an appalling lack of honesty and information. If there is NO problem - welcome the questions and concerns. If there is no danger, lay all the info out for all to see. It's been my experience, that where there is deception, there is a NEED to hide things. I have a long history with this school and church, and have been told that there is so much more info being hidden, all of which, makes it abundantly clear, that this stalker is not "harmless". So sad that this school and parish has come to such a dark place. So sad, that despite a policy of secrecy that led to untold child molestations - that the Church has not learned it's lesson. The children entrusted to you matter MORE than your agenda, or maintaining your authority.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#39 Jan 28, 2013
Connie Simons wrote:
I beleive this teacher is/was trying to get back at the school for being asked to leave her employment.
Care about the children I feel she does not ! she cares about creating trouble and to me this does not refect actions of a christian person.
shame shame on you....
This sounds like slander.....be very careful....
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#40 Jan 28, 2013
David wrote:
We need help...
The archdiocese continues to protect the principle and the lies
I don't understand how this one person is more important then all the kids
She is a liability.
I have never heard of a friendly stalker
Yes....you do need help, you are a liability to yourself. Be careful.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#41 Jan 28, 2013
David wrote:
We need help...
The archdiocese continues to protect the principle and the lies
I don't understand how this one person is more important then all the kids
She is a liability.
I have never heard of a friendly stalker
I'm a friendly stalker....watch yourself....slander is dangerous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Los Angeles Is The Poorest Big City 33 min Bently 46
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 27,879
Baltimore's painted screens 14 hr Jean 1
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 15 hr LMSA info 5,080
Man Fatally Stabbed In Fullerton (Nov '07) Sat FULAS 70
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) Sat C-dog 1,744
Wanted: Ebola screeners at JFK for $19 an hour Sat Ronald 2

Cerritos News Video

Cerritos Dating
Find my Match