UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

Full story: Whittier Daily News

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.
Comments
18,661 - 18,680 of 27,019 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Bruin For Life

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!! This from the guy who gets on us for recruiting kids who have a somewhat questionable past!! The hypocrisy never ends with this dumbass!!
you're clearly a moron yanking my chain NO ONE can be stupid to compare a coach who obviously condoned a disgraceful action by one of his players and use the analogy of recruiting players who do the raping at USC 5 that is FIVE times!!! BY YOUR USC PLAYERS AND CONDONED COACH PETE CARROLL. Again youFu c king moron, talk to me when this happens with a UCLA player and condoned by a UCLA coach...I suggest not holding your breath...you're adult c king retard...then you wonder why I want beat your ass maybe knock some common sense into you...SMH.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
nice area, like south central
http://www.thedailybeast.com/witw/articles/20...
Oh how dreadful fellow Bruin! LA Times scribe TJ simers a long time Bruin supporter had many nasty things to say about our beloved Stevie Alford.....Go Bruins!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/basketb...
Bruin For Life

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Hilarious how "some" retarded condoms are so envious if the UCLA hire that they won't comment about their coach who has a record if 42-28 or 421 wins less.

UCLA, where experienced proven winners want to coach.

USC, where second-year coaches are destinatined.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
Hilarious how "some" retarded condoms are so envious if the UCLA hire that they won't comment about their coach who has a record if 42-28 or 421 wins less.
UCLA, where experienced proven winners want to coach.
USC, where second-year coaches are destinatined.
Ya I agree we Bruins should tip toe around SC as they have the better coach and we do not want to upset them. Who is this proven winner that you are talking about fellow Bruin? Our coach hasn't been to the sweet 16 since 1999, Andy Enfield accompished in one year what our Stevie Blunder has in 22,also beating Georgetown and San Diego St two teams that rolled my Bruins this year....Go Bruins!
Bruin Nation

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
Hilarious how "some" retarded Bruins (ME) are so envious of the USC hire that they won't comment about their coach who has not won an NCAA playoff game since 1999.
UCLA, Desperate AD's hire Desperate Coaches.
USC, where young dynamic Coaches are hired.
Ya I agree, well said my Bruin Brotha...Go bruins

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Again, ass wipe, talk to me about this if and when it happens while he's at UCLA. Until then, STFU, your argument is pointless...we're UCLA not Iowa.
trojans quick to bag on our hire when in fact they went after Alford themselfs and were turned down:
"USC also considered Pittsburgh coach Jamie Dixon, new UCLA coach Steve Alford, Virginia Commonwealth coach Shaka Smart and Syracuse assistant coach Mike Hopkins. Of that group, only Hopkins was seriously interested in the job."
http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/ci_22929237...
Trojan

Encino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
trojans quick to bag on our hire when in fact they went after Alford themselfs and were turned down:
"USC also considered Pittsburgh coach Jamie Dixon, new UCLA coach Steve Alford, Virginia Commonwealth coach Shaka Smart and Syracuse assistant coach Mike Hopkins. Of that group, only Hopkins was seriously interested in the job."
Hope you're not referring to me.

I'm not "bagging" on the coach, at all. I think it's a decent hire.

I was merely laughing at idiotic Bruin fans who rag on USC coaches for doing exactly what their new coach did. One of those idiots is trying to spin it, but just looking foolish.

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was merely laughing at idiotic Bruin fans who rag on USC coaches for doing exactly what their new coach did. One of those idiots is trying to spin it, but just looking foolish.
Nope not you.

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
nice area, like south central
http://www.thedailybeast.com/witw/articles/20...
There are bad areas everywhere, places you dont want to be. Some people that work over on Pico in Beverly Hills are completely oblivious to a few of the nearby street gangs just a mile or two away. There are certainly places in Rio I would not even consider driving through
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope not you Trojan my love.Please don't hate me
Ya I agree, best to make friends with our rivals who now have a better BB team...Go Bruins!

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is a bit of an experiment for both USC and UCLA with our hires. Only time will tell and the play on the court will reveal if the experiments worked out. At least I see one of your players (Powell) said he is staying because Coach Howling was let go. Looks like your (B)ruins made a move (at least temporarily) to stave off further transfer decay... HaHa
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya I agree nice try at the ol spin..How come you and Rob are not gushing at our latest Bruin coaching Phenom hire? Isn't Alford the answer to our Bruin prayers? Didn't he take his team to the sweet 16 in 1999? hasn't he been to the NIT 6 times? He's no Andy Einfield but we still should show support for our Bruin hire no matter how atrocious it may be.....Go Bruins!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I think this is a bit of an experiment for both USC and UCLA with our hires. Only time will tell and the play on the court will reveal if the experiments worked out. At least I see one of your players (Powell) said he is staying because Coach Howling was let go. Looks like your (B)ruins made a move (at least temporarily) to stave off further transfer decay... HaHa
Ya I agree, even a blind man can see that Alford is a Huckster, time will tell that Andy Enfeld was the better hire as Lavin leads my Bruins to greener pastures in the NIT....Go Bruins!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to remove a gerbil from my a $$ hole ? Some of the Bruin faithful and I had a little too much fun celebrating Alford's hire.
Oh that's where he went, I will come right over and suck him out of you babe....Go Steve (Lavin) Alford!....Go Bruins!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
trojans quick to bag on our hire fact Alford was turned down by USC :
"UCLA was also turned down by Pittsburgh coach Jamie Dixon, Virginia Commonwealth coach Shaka Smart and Syracuse assistant coach Mike Hopkins. Of that group, only Alford was desperate enough to take the job."
Ya I agree fellow Bruin. It is quite embarrassing when USC hires a better BB coach than our Bruins. Why did every good coach turn down the job with our Bruins and why haven't we ever been able to hire a big time coach? Steve Alford? Oh dear my Bruins are in Ruins and soon to be over shadowed by that young dynamo Andy Enfield of USC...NIT here we come Go Bruins!
Bruin For Life

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
liar, hypocrite, lousy student of! "Spin" you did bag on Alford, go back and read your post!! And as BN pointed out, USC offered the job to Alford whom you did "bag" on. Second point is, Carroll supported acts by his players by not disciplining them, just like Alford did...difference? It happened at Iowa, NOT UCLA...again, when it happens at UCLA, you can come back to me and rag on UCLA...until then you even suck at spinning, you should hire CT, the Master Spinner.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>liar, hypocrite, lousy student of! "Spin" you did bag on Alford, go back and read your post!! And as BN pointed out, USC offered the job to Alford whom you did "bag" on. Second point is, Carroll supported acts by his players by not disciplining them, just like Alford did...difference? It happened at Iowa, NOT UCLA...again, when it happens at UCLA, you can come back to me and rag on UCLA...until then you even suck at spinning, you should hire CT, the Master Spinner.
Ya I agree fellow Bruin, Alford is much worse than Carroll. Alford was using Bible study to rape women..Not even the great Pete Carroll would do that,(MBD Pete_Carrol maybe).....Oh dear we hired a first class scumbag in Stevie Alford.....Go Bruins!
Trojan

Encino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>liar, hypocrite, lousy student of! "Spin" you did bag on Alford, go back and read your post!! And as BN pointed out, USC offered the job to Alford whom you did "bag" on. Second point is, Carroll supported acts by his players by not disciplining them, just like Alford did...difference? It happened at Iowa, NOT UCLA...again, when it happens at UCLA, you can come back to me and rag on UCLA...until then you even suck at spinning, you should hire CT, the Master Spinner.
CT has never spun they way you are here. You've come down on USC for "ignoring the signs this would happen".

You're so full of it.
Trojan

Encino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

BTW, we don't have to wait until something happens.

The idiot still thinking he can change the rules to suit his agenda. Too stupid to see his hypocrisy.

You went after the best coach you could find, w/o any consideration for his past. UCLA had the attitude of "It's all about winning".

I'm not knocking it. Just laughing at idiots who have ragged on USC for supposedly having this attitude.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Oh Dear oh me oh my! My Bruins will be second class citizens in LA.. USC has the best coach in Andy Enfield, second comes Long Beach St with Don Monson, and only because he has Ben Howland's players is our very own Stevie Blunder....Oh Walt Hazzard,Larry Farmer you don't look so bad after all....Go Bruins!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Cerritos News Video

•••
•••

Cerritos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cerritos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••