UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 33631 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Artie Manhattan

North Hollywood, CA

#18713 Mar 7, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Down to 14
There are 14 former UCLA Bruins on NBA rosters currently. They are Jrue Holiday, Jason Kapano, Earl Watson, Matt Barnes, Darren Collison, Jordan Farmar, Ryan Hollins, Dan Gadzuric, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Trevor Ariza, Kevin Love, Baron Davis, Arron Afflalo, and Russell Westbrook.
Duke is second with 10
Tragic, hanging my head in shame.
Ya I agree since most of em were recruited and played for that dreaded Ben Howland..How dare Howland not turn kweer for you fellow Bruin :(......Go Bruins!

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#18714 Mar 7, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Down to 14
There are 14 former UCLA Bruins on NBA rosters currently. They are Jrue Holiday, Jason Kapano, Earl Watson, Matt Barnes, Darren Collison, Jordan Farmar, Ryan Hollins, Dan Gadzuric, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Trevor Ariza, Kevin Love, Baron Davis, Arron Afflalo, and Russell Westbrook.
Duke is second with 10
Better update your cut and paste BN, Kapano, Farmar, Gadzuric, and Davis no longer play in the NBA. Guess that knocks the (B)ruins down some totem pole notches. Curious why you "spun" Duke into your comparison as I believe both Kentucky and North Carolina has more players then UCLA...
MOVE CT RED ROVER, LET BN SPIN OVER

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#18715 Mar 7, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Down to 14
Duke is second with 10
All that talent and ZERO NCAA Championships,
disgraceful !!!!

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#18716 Mar 7, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
disgraceful !!!!
You said it, not me. BTW, you can take any five out of your list and put them up against my starting five of
G-O.J. Mayo
G-Nick Young
F-DeMar DeRozan
F-Taj Gibson
C-Nikola Vucevic

I will take the Trojan five!
Bruin For Life

Van Nuys, CA

#18717 Mar 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>You said it, not me. BTW, you can take any five out of your list and put them up against my starting five of
G-O.J. Mayo
G-Nick Young
F-DeMar DeRozan
F-Taj Gibson
C-Nikola Vucevic
Yah right!!! Westbrook can take on all of your five by himself!!! Buahahaha thanks for the laugh, I really needed it especially being my birthday!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#18718 Mar 7, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
You already know how I feel about BH
Yes Nation, unfortunately we do. You treat Coach Benny worse than you would a USC Trojan coach :/

Go Bruins, where is your allegiance Nation :(

West Hollywood, CA

#18719 Mar 7, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Yah right!!! Westbrook can take on all of your five by himself!!! Buahahaha thanks for the laugh, I really needed it especially being my birthday!
Oh my Lifer, your birthday, how sweet ;)

You should have told us at last Friday's hot tub party. All the fellas could have stood naked on the cake and let you blow out all our candles ;)

Go Bruins, Go birthday suit Lifer!

West Hollywood, CA

#18720 Mar 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>You said it, not me. BTW, you can take any five out of your list and put them up against my starting five of
G-O.J. Mayo
G-Nick Young
F-DeMar DeRozan
F-Taj Gibson
C-Nikola Vucevic
This Bruin would love to "take" any five men ;)
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#18721 Mar 7, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Down to 14
Duke is second with 10
Maybe 3 of those were one and done.
I have to laugh , remember that idiot Lavin ,how he would tell the media the reason his team was struggling was because of the loss of Earl Watson!-pfft , as if Watson had more eligibility and was leaving for the NBA early!...lmao ,what a moron he was!!
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#18722 Mar 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
G-O.J. Mayo
G-Nick Young
F-DeMar DeRozan
F-Taj Gibson
C-Nikola Vucevic
What about Scalabrini?.......
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#18723 Mar 7, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
disgraceful !!!!
Except for Westbrooke , all those guys are either slightly above avg players on bad teams , or bit players on pretty good teams.
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#18724 Mar 7, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>Except for Westbrooke , all those guys are either slightly above avg players on bad teams , or bit players on pretty good teams.
Kevin Love "just above average"? Jrue Holiday just above average? both these guys are NBA All=Stars.
Bruin Nation

North Hollywood, CA

#18725 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>Except for Westbrooke , all those guys are either slightly above avg players on bad teams , or bit players on pretty good teams.
Ya I agree, we definitely should hook up IE Trojan, I'm the queen bee of the So. Bay How about Sharkeez on Saturday? We can talk hoops yur favorite, I can show you how to do the "give and go" and my favorite the ol "back door"...Go Bruins!
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#18726 Mar 7, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Kevin Love "just above average"? Jrue Holiday just above average? both these guys are NBA All=Stars.
Yeah , just above avg , where have they taken anybody(their teams)?!

West Hollywood, CA

#18727 Mar 8, 2013
I enjoy men that are well ABOVE average ;)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Gooooooooooo Bruins!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#18728 Mar 8, 2013
What a year, Colorado beats Oregon last night, UCLA tied again for the Pac 12 lead, Utah and Washington control who could win the Pac 12 regular season Championship. Weird year.
Bruin For Life

Long Beach, CA

#18729 Mar 8, 2013
Really? it seems like every NBA game I watch on TV I hear from the announcer: "Collison takes it the lenght of the court...ans slams it!!!" or "Holiday does it again! is there anything Holiday can't do?" or "Barnes for another 3!!" or before he was injured "Kevin love is a freak! first player in since wilt chamberlain to have over 30 points and 30 rebounds in one game" or "Kevin Love first player since Wilt Chamberlain to average over 15 rebounds and 20 PPG during the season"...yah, IE Trojan, Love is just an above average player.

The only player from USC that I hear is OJ Mayo making an impact in his team. I like Nick Young, but the only time he's ever done anything worth mentioning was a 3-pointer that sent a game into over time last year with the Clippers, I wish they would have kept him he was great off the bench.
Bruin For Life

Long Beach, CA

#18730 Mar 8, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
What a year, Colorado beats Oregon last night, UCLA tied again for the Pac 12 lead, Utah and Washington control who could win the Pac 12 regular season Championship. Weird year.
I knew Colorado would beat Oregon, which pisses me off even more BH not having his team mentallyu ready for the last two games...getting their asses handed by the last place team in the conference in inexcusable. We should be in sole possession of First Place...instead the best we can do is share the Pac-12 Title. Effing Howland.

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#18732 Mar 8, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I knew Colorado would beat Oregon, which pisses me off even more BH not having his team mentallyu ready for the last two games...getting their asses handed by the last place team in the conference in inexcusable. We should be in sole possession of First Place...instead the best we can do is share the Pac-12 Title. Effing Howland.
I hear you BFL, I would have gone as deep as bringing in both Tony Parker and walk-on Bogdahmian(?) to overplay, rough up, foul, and disrupt Motem and try to take his game away, make the other guys have to step up.

We still have a chance to take it all but if it happens, I won't give Howland much (if any) of the credit!

GO BRUINS!

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#18733 Mar 8, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Really? it seems like every NBA game I watch on TV I hear from the announcer: "Collison takes it the lenght of the court...ans slams it!!!" or "Holiday does it again! is there anything Holiday can't do?" or "Barnes for another 3!!" or before he was injured "Kevin love is a freak! first player in since wilt chamberlain to have over 30 points and 30 rebounds in one game" or "Kevin Love first player since Wilt Chamberlain to average over 15 rebounds and 20 PPG during the season"...yah, IE Trojan, Love is just an above average player.
The only player from USC that I hear is OJ Mayo making an impact in his team. I like Nick Young, but the only time he's ever done anything worth mentioning was a 3-pointer that sent a game into over time last year with the Clippers, I wish they would have kept him he was great off the bench.
If some of these SUC fans really put the effort into seeing who is making an impact for their teams, as you just eluded to, the Bruins contributions take it hands down.

If K-Love was healthy this season, we would have had THREE NBA players in the All Star game. I will be kind and even say that the TrOJans can get back to us once they even get ONE! Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ohana Means Pizza 8 hr Jaxx Bakk 4
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 11 hr lmsa 9,488
News Court temporarily blocks change in California r... Mon Solarman 1
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) Mon Ned Rod 3,666
News Recycled wastewater to give Los Angeles County ... (Nov '15) Mon Solarman 13
News Los Amigos High School student stabbed (Oct '08) Sun Former player 20
News Locals catch 10-foot mako (Aug '07) Aug 13 OpenPhartss 57

Cerritos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cerritos Mortgages