Ted Nishihara arrest case dropped down to misdemeanor; Appears in Downey courtroom today

Mar 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Los Cerritos Community News

Ted Nishihara, the substitute teacher from Cerritos who was arrested this past Monday on Lewd Acts with the Child has been formally charged by the District Attorney's Office today with one misdemeanor count of child molesting.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of101
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dude

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85
Sep 15, 2012
 
Unreal. Next time, consider the source, the family, where the kid is from. We're so anti-judgement...but we need to use it. If the accusers and their families are suspect (fast little girls, moms more concerned with being the girl's friends than their moms, etc.), take their words with a grain of salt. We can avoid possibly ruining an innocent man's life.

Oh, wait, let me guess...they got it wrong in the court? Yeah, it happens. But this case was shabby to begin with, and got crushed in court. The kids need to pay for the false accusations.
Louisa

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86
Sep 15, 2012
 
What happened to the Taylor guy?

Same school district - similar situation - a few months after Ted.
guy

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87
Sep 15, 2012
 
I hope the accused sues the districts and the accusers (although I doubt family has any money).
Hubbard

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88
Sep 16, 2012
 
Louisa wrote:
What happened to the Taylor guy?
Same school district - similar situation - a few months after Ted.
It was no question with Welch. He sent pictures of his, well, personal areas, to a kid and this is all documented. Not really a matter of if he did it or not.
Louisa

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89
Sep 24, 2012
 
Taylor Welch does not appear in the court records after his arrainment was postponed.
He does ņot appear in the jail records after 140,000 bail.
His teaching credential was "suspended for NON Disciplinary reasons "
He is not listed as a sex offender.
guest

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
Sep 26, 2012
 
unbelievable 2

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Oct 2, 2012
 
What I don't get is why you people keep saying these are false accusations . they aren't and there were witnesses of the stuff he did. so people if you don't know maybe its best you shut your mouths. He will pay for the stuff he did. especially after he's admitted to these horrible acts. so again shut your mouths.

Hey idiot, if there was proof and witnesses it would not have been dropped to a misdemeanor.
And also for the mental midget that says young girls dont lie about stuff like this, you are so wrong.
They lie more then they tell the truth about abuse cases. That is why nobody is convicted on 1 childs word. I have first hand knowledge of the process.
If the guy did it he deserves to be punished, but let the courts decide, this is the US.
Shut it

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Oct 22, 2012
 
It's sad that people continue to think these were false accusations.. Ted admitted to everything but the judge threw out his confession tape last minute in court probably because his attorney paid the judge off.. So people you don't know the story or the facts I would shut the fuck up! It was 7 girls that saw what he did and he even admitted to liking the young girl so again if you don't know the story I would shut it.. Also the victims family is wealthy and doesn't need any money so maybe if you don't know don't say losers.
la mirada resident

Somerset, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Oct 22, 2012
 
Shut it wrote:
It's sad that people continue to think these were false accusations.. Ted admitted to everything but the judge threw out his confession tape last minute in court probably because his attorney paid the judge off.. So people you don't know the story or the facts I would shut the fuck up! It was 7 girls that saw what he did and he even admitted to liking the young girl so again if you don't know the story I would shut it.. Also the victims family is wealthy and doesn't need any money so maybe if you don't know don't say losers.
I dont with all that evidence they would throw it out -- you must have wrong info.
Facts dont lie

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94
Oct 22, 2012
 
Actually I don't. I sat in court watching the trial and know and if you have doubts you should call the da office or even ask Ted! But then again Ted will lie.. Soon enough the confession tape will be released! Just be patient!
Jameson

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
Oct 24, 2012
 
Facts dont lie wrote:
Actually I don't. I sat in court watching the trial and know and if you have doubts you should call the da office or even ask Ted! But then again Ted will lie.. Soon enough the confession tape will be released! Just be patient!
Are you nuts? The guy walked because it was all a sham. And you said the lawyer paid off the judge? What? That makes no sense! Lawyers don't pay off judges, genius. They get paid by clients. They want to get paid, not pay! And the only way a case involving children gets thrown out is if it is absolutely no case at all. The state can't afford to look like they're insensitive to kids, so they turn over every stone. Problem is, they found nothing here because the dude did nothing.
Facts dont lie

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
Oct 25, 2012
 
If u think the dude did nothing why don't u ask him what he said in his confession? He confessed to everything and was shitting it the whole time in court till the judge that's an idiot threw out his confession.ted knows what he did and even said the young girl was pretty and liked her so please you much be a dumbass if u continue to say he's innocent.. Just cause he was found not guilty doesn't mean shit and believe me if that confession tape was allowed he would have been found guilty but teds attorney turned around and said Ted had a disorder that causes him to touch women or should I say young girls.. So idiot if you don't know don't be commenting shit as if you were there cause I was!
Anon

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#97
Nov 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

First, let me start by saying I'm a lawyer. I've worked for the DA's Office as well as the Public Defender's Office.

The guy (from Whittier) who keeps saying that Mr. Nishihara is guilty because of all the "facts" that lead up to it needs to stop posting. Your opinions about him are not facts. Just because you believe he did these things does not equate them to a fact. Every one hates child molesters, but you cannot point the finger at a defendant and say "you are guilty because X says you did it." It is not your place to make that judgment, unless you are a juror.

Second of all, it is highly improbably and unlikely that the judge was "paid off" by the defense attorney. Are you kidding me? A child molestation case on a substitute teacher, charged with a misdemeanor, and you think the judge would risk his career to receive a bit of money for some defendant he doesn't even know? Please, use your brain.

Third, evidence doesn't just get "thrown out last minute" as you proclaim. We have a system of discovery where all relevant evidence is presented to both sides before trial starts, otherwise it is not allowed in court. The only exception is if the evidence is new and could not have been discovered with due diligence beforehand.

Fourth, even ASSUMING the judge was paid off, the jury is the trier of fact and decides the case. This was not a bench trial. they deliberated for less than 10 minutes and acquitted him. Do you know how flimsy a case has to be in order for a jury to deliberate THAT short?

The man was acquitted. That means the DA could not prove his case beyond a reasonable doubt. End of story. It does not mean that it was impossible for the accusations to have taken place. It means the jury decided, after 10 minutes of deliberation, that he is innocent of the charges.

I've worked in the Special Victims Unit (sexual assault cases). Whittier guy, you may have "worked in the court" but it does not seem you have an ounce of understanding of what "due process" means. Please, stop responding to people with your same "I know the facts.... LA Times said X... Maybe you are a molester.... Maybe you are Ted Nishihara..." As a lawyer, I use logic and evidence to support my arguments. Your logic is consistent with that of an impractical child. Please, have some dignity and stop.
Markell

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
Jan 8, 2013
 
Anon wrote:
First, let me start by saying I'm a lawyer. I've worked for the DA's Office as well as the Public Defender's Office.
The guy (from Whittier) who keeps saying that Mr. Nishihara is guilty because of all the "facts" that lead up to it needs to stop posting. Your opinions about him are not facts. Just because you believe he did these things does not equate them to a fact. Every one hates child molesters, but you cannot point the finger at a defendant and say "you are guilty because X says you did it." It is not your place to make that judgment, unless you are a juror.
Second of all, it is highly improbably and unlikely that the judge was "paid off" by the defense attorney. Are you kidding me? A child molestation case on a substitute teacher, charged with a misdemeanor, and you think the judge would risk his career to receive a bit of money for some defendant he doesn't even know? Please, use your brain.
Third, evidence doesn't just get "thrown out last minute" as you proclaim. We have a system of discovery where all relevant evidence is presented to both sides before trial starts, otherwise it is not allowed in court. The only exception is if the evidence is new and could not have been discovered with due diligence beforehand.
Fourth, even ASSUMING the judge was paid off, the jury is the trier of fact and decides the case. This was not a bench trial. they deliberated for less than 10 minutes and acquitted him. Do you know how flimsy a case has to be in order for a jury to deliberate THAT short?
The man was acquitted. That means the DA could not prove his case beyond a reasonable doubt. End of story. It does not mean that it was impossible for the accusations to have taken place. It means the jury decided, after 10 minutes of deliberation, that he is innocent of the charges.
I've worked in the Special Victims Unit (sexual assault cases). Whittier guy, you may have "worked in the court" but it does not seem you have an ounce of understanding of what "due process" means. Please, stop responding to people with your same "I know the facts.... LA Times said X... Maybe you are a molester.... Maybe you are Ted Nishihara..." As a lawyer, I use logic and evidence to support my arguments. Your logic is consistent with that of an impractical child. Please, have some dignity and stop.
Wow, that was a thorough beating! You crushed these morons.
You dont know anything

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Jan 9, 2013
 
Read the newspaper in a couple of months and will see what you say after u see that the confession tape will be released! Ted is gonna shit his pants like he did it court.
Markell

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100
Jan 10, 2013
 
You dont know anything wrote:
Read the newspaper in a couple of months and will see what you say after u see that the confession tape will be released! Ted is gonna shit his pants like he did it court.
You can say anything you like about what may happen in the future. No one knows what's coming. What we know for a fact is that this trial went to a jury that deliberated for 10 minutes before they let the guy go. What that means is that the case, as presented, was a total joke. Not even close, not enough to make 12 random people think for more than 10 minutes. They had nothing on the guy but bull.

And when they have this "release" you speak of, are they going to try him again for the same crime? They can do that now?!?! LOL!

Give it up. Even confessions get dismissed time and time again, because they were made under duress and found to be forced and coerced. Stop already. Move on. Dude didn't do it, and we all know that now.
You dont know anything

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#101
Jan 17, 2013
 
Keep saying the guy didn't do it.. He stated several times he had a obsession with the young girl.. Give it up?? Your the pathetic loser that keeps commenting as if you actually sat in the court room.. I on the other hand did and also heard the hour and half confession.. Watching porn while subbing kids wasn't what he was getting paid for either... If you hear the confession you would wanna rip his nuts off... He knew once that damaging confession got thrown out he would win that case.. He was so happy that it got thrown out cause the jury wouldnt be able to heard what scum he is and how he's obsessed with young girls from middle school.. So idiot keep acting like you know it all but at the end of the day u don't know shit.. Go ask Ted about that confession and you'll see how red his face will be...
Markell

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Jan 17, 2013
 
Yeah...you wish. False accusations usually turn out like this. Case that takes 10 minutes for jury deliberations means it was a joke. The only sad part is that this guy had to deal with this crap, and the little bullsh*tters move on. But they'll get theirs eventually. The crappy lives they have ahead will be enough payback.
Robinson33

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Jan 17, 2013
 
I don't blame the kids as much as I blame parents for raising them. Hopefully the kids can grow up and make a better life. The parents that let this crap happen suck.
Wow

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Jan 18, 2013
 
You guys must be friends with Ted if you think what he did was false accusations and didn't happen. Unfortunately it did and the poor jury couldn't hear him confess... But remember the truth will come out in the next couple months and you'll all feel stupid for posting shit...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of101
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cerritos Discussions

Search the Cerritos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr Transfatter Ohio 200,204
Whittier Varrio Locos Gang (Jun '07) 4 hr hyper diaper 1,335
Chicago by the Sea? Long Beach's Independence D... 4 hr Interpreter 3
Six Shootings in 60 Hours Worry Long Beach Offi... 5 hr LB Reader 1
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 6 hr Davis 4,754
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Bruin For Life 26,609
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 13 hr Punk a s Murabito 4,834
•••
•••

Cerritos News Video

•••
Cerritos Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cerritos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cerritos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cerritos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cerritos
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••