Hof's Hut in Long Beach, a local mainstay, closes for good

Feb 28, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Press-Telegram

Torres and Wocott have spent more than 30 years working and eating in the restaurant.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Mar 2, 2013
Ted

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Gee. I had a lot of sex with a lot of waitresses at that place. I still have a pair of blue panties buried in my sock drawer from back in the day. Best part was getting a Hof's Scrambled served to you in bed the next morning. Certainly the end of an era.
Jabba the Hutt

Stanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Lighten up people, there's another Hof's Hut a couple of miles away on Bellflower Blvd. Deal with it!
Martha

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Hof's is out of touch with the food service market. They still serve the greasy spoon diner fare, and a lot of people are more aware of what they shouldn't be eating. Anyone have one of their big plate breakfasts? Loaded with grease!

They could make their breakfasts less unhealthy, less greasy, while serving the same entree, but they just don't. It seems like hey never got into gormet coffee, like the rest of the world. Who wants a pot of coffee on their table when it sucks? Why no choices? Grow up, Hof's!

As the older boomers die from heart disease, I think Hof's will find their customer base dropping dramatically, if they don't change their old-school fatty greasy ways.
Steve

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Hof's used to have some of the hottest waitresses in long beach. Now you're far more likely to be waited on by a 50 year old mexican dude, or a fat chick. Long Beach has turned into such a terrible place. Used to be great. Now it's a cemetery. No diversity. Just poor latinos.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Cerritos News Video

•••
•••

Cerritos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cerritos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE