Zerby Trial Against LBPD

Zerby Trial Against LBPD

Posted in the Cerritos Forum

Shiny Cave Demon

San Leandro, CA

#1 Mar 21, 2013
The trial has started where the family of Douglas Zerby is suing LBPD. Police killed the extremely drunk Zerby, who was holding a sprinkler nozzle.

The family has some good lawyers representing them.
Shiny Cave Demon

San Leandro, CA

#2 Mar 21, 2013
Separately from the issue of whether or not the police acted improperly, what economic damages can the family claim? The guy was an alcoholic mess. If anything he was an economic drain.

If I recall, his son lived far away. Was he contributing child support?

He had been recently evicted from his home. Where was he living? Was he supporting himself?
Shiny Cave Demon

San Leandro, CA

#3 Mar 21, 2013
Isn't this the case where for years LBPD refused to identify the officers. Did that coverup prejudice the family's ability to obtain evidence.

They can't hide any more. This is a public trial.
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#4 Mar 21, 2013
Nice to see an update about this story. I tried to follow it but suddenly it went silent. Would like to hear the latest results although I am sure the police/politics have a way to squelch this matter. It is something that should not have happened. Not that many shots to a man who 'presented a threat to the police'. They are supposed to be 'proficient' in handling matters like this and (I don't remember how many shots they fired but it was not necessary, they could have found a way to wound the man for further questioning and they are 'supposed to be practiced in this area of firearms).
Jack

United States

#5 Mar 21, 2013
The Mad Man wrote:
Nice to see an update about this story. I tried to follow it but suddenly it went silent. Would like to hear the latest results although I am sure the police/politics have a way to squelch this matter. It is something that should not have happened. Not that many shots to a man who 'presented a threat to the police'. They are supposed to be 'proficient' in handling matters like this and (I don't remember how many shots they fired but it was not necessary, they could have found a way to wound the man for further questioning and they are 'supposed to be practiced in this area of firearms).
It wasn't an episode of the A team, you moron. Police aren't trained to "find a way to wound" someone who they believe is holding a weapon trained on them. What planet are you from? Seriously, you can't be this ignorant.
YKW

Menifee, CA

#6 Mar 21, 2013
The Mad Man wrote:
Nobody on the face of the planet is proficient enough with a firearm to intentionally wound someone so they could be questioned later. Your statement is ill-informed and just plain idiotic. As for the police or politics squelching the matter, well it's on the front page of the paper today. So much for squelching. Now put your foil hat back on.
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#7 Mar 22, 2013
YKW wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody on the face of the planet is proficient enough with a firearm to intentionally wound someone so they could be questioned later. Your statement is ill-informed and just plain idiotic. As for the police or politics squelching the matter, well it's on the front page of the paper today. So much for squelching. Now put your foil hat back on.
I am jut sAying, IT SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED...PERIOD!
coach

United States

#8 Mar 22, 2013
The Mad Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I am jut sAying, IT SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED...PERIOD!
You presumably wouldn't drive a car while overmedicated, so why would you post comments here under the same circumstance? You'd provide far better service if you would, in your condition, simply attend city council meetings, and yell at Vice President Garcia during the question and answer period.
He needs people to yell at him so he knows what he's doing wrong. I think you're just the man for the job.
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#9 Mar 23, 2013
YKW wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't shoot me...I just want to know what is happening with this case that has taken so long to 'justify'. Just because it is on the front page of the PT, do you really think that is the truth? If so, I am not the only one who needs a 'tin foil hat'.
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#10 Mar 23, 2013
coach wrote:
<quoted text>
You presumably wouldn't drive a car while overmedicated, so why would you post comments here under the same circumstance? You'd provide far better service if you would, in your condition, simply attend city council meetings, and yell at Vice President Garcia during the question and answer period.
He needs people to yell at him so he knows what he's doing wrong. I think you're just the man for the job.
I've been to city council meeting and they are not worth the time. It is amazing to see what keeps that council busy with stupidity. Very entertaining.
YKW

Menifee, CA

#11 Mar 23, 2013
The Mad Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't shoot me...I just want to know what is happening with this case that has taken so long to 'justify'. Just because it is on the front page of the PT, do you really think that is the truth? If so, I am not the only one who needs a 'tin foil hat'.
I never said I believed it just because it was in the PT. You used the word squelched. I was just pointing out that the story was right there in the paper. You didn't expect someone to write about every day did you?
jimemy

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Mar 23, 2013
The Mad Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to city council meeting and they are not worth the time. It is amazing to see what keeps that council busy with stupidity. Very entertaining.
How are you any different? All you do is talk out of your sloppy butt, defending ideas you know are stupid. Who are you to be reading the city council's laundry list, a-hole?
Shiny Cave Demon

United States

#13 Mar 23, 2013
Would any one have cared if LBPD shot a black or brown man under similar circumstances, in Northtown instead of Belmont Shore. No, it would be a two paragraph news brief buried deep inside the paper.
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#15 Mar 24, 2013
Leave me alone, I am not the victim here.
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#16 Mar 26, 2013
YKW wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I believed it just because it was in the PT. You used the word squelched. I was just pointing out that the story was right there in the paper. You didn't expect someone to write about every day did you?
You didn't expect someone to write about every day did you?
YES I DO! The facts of this case NEED to come out.
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#17 Mar 26, 2013
jimemy wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you any different? All you do is talk out of your sloppy butt, defending ideas you know are stupid. Who are you to be reading the city council's laundry list, a-hole?
Amazing! Looks like you are part of the entertainment team of the city council.
Shiny Cave Demon

Huntington Beach, CA

#18 Mar 27, 2013
So, how's the trial going?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 1 hr Robert 3,030
News Publisher gets 3 years' probation (Apr '08) 1 hr Ronald 34
News First ocean sample tests clean after Los Angele... 1 hr Ronald 5
News More than 1,000 backpacks, school supplies give... (Aug '10) 4 hr heaven 15
Crime seems to be exploding in the normally saf... 4 hr Oracle64 1
News Man wounded in Hacienda Heights shooting (Jun '12) 12 hr HHxP13 29
are there gangs in cerritos and lakewood? (Jun '09) Jul 9 CerritosTownMob 30

Cerritos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cerritos Mortgages