Agenda's arise on the heels of the Colorado tragedy.

Posted in the Ceredo Forum

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

#1 Jul 21, 2012
Mitt Romney gave a stoic and stiff reading of "his" ( i.e. his paid speech writer) thoughts on the Colorado shooting yesterday, wasting no time to espouse frequent religious connections and phony faith-based assertions.

Hilary Clinton wasted no time in touting the need for global gun control. Good luck with that Hilary. Too many people make too much money from the NRA lobbyists. The Brady bill took forever to pass and with great compromises. Guns will always be available to anyone with $.
paul lowe

Milton, WV

#2 Jul 21, 2012
Spleencage wrote:
Mitt Romney gave a stoic and stiff reading of "his" ( i.e. his paid speech writer) thoughts on the Colorado shooting yesterday, wasting no time to espouse frequent religious connections and phony faith-based assertions.

Hilary Clinton wasted no time in touting the need for global gun control. Good luck with that Hilary. Too many people make too much money from the NRA lobbyists. The Brady bill took forever to pass and with great compromises. Guns will always be available to anyone with $.
you are right....you know what the elite NWO members always say- don't ever let a crisis go to waste.

This nutjob gave them more fuel to try taking law abiding moral citizens' guns.

now maybe we can get the pedophile groper tsa goons and xray scanners in movie theatres.
Fallacy

Huntington, WV

#3 Jul 21, 2012
I don't understand how people objectify objects such as guns "bad". Any kind of weapon in the hands of a bad man is bad. Put a weapon in the hands of a decent man, though, and it's not dangerous to anyone... except maybe criminals.
1 post removed
Well

Summersville, WV

#5 Jul 21, 2012
Funny, Spleen chastising the use of a tragedy as a tool to push an agenda, so Spleen can push an agenda.
Fallacy

Huntington, WV

#6 Jul 21, 2012
I just came across this video from Anonymous talking about this exact subject:
2 posts removed

BelAir, CA

#9 Jul 21, 2012
Well wrote:
Funny, Spleen chastising the use of a tragedy as a tool to push an agenda, so Spleen can push an agenda.
Im not pushing an agenda, I quoted both sides.
liberal feelings

Saint Albans, WV

#10 Jul 22, 2012
Ban guns now!
mu fan

Bellevue, WA

#11 Jul 22, 2012
Those bleeding heart liberals were all over the gun control issue before the blood had even dried.
justsaying

New York, NY

#12 Jul 22, 2012
liberal feelings wrote:
Ban guns now!
Ban liberals now!!
me

Huntington, WV

#13 Jul 22, 2012
liberal feelings wrote:
Ban guns now!
Great idea, let's make it impossible for law biding citizens to own a gun. Putting a ban on them will solve the problem. Remember how bad drug abuse was before drugs were made illegal?

BelAir, CA

#14 Jul 22, 2012
Im for all the right to bear arms. But assault weapons, automatic and semi-automatics should not be available to anyone but military. But I also know that will never happen.
Cant say I agree with the illegal drug analogy ( yeah I know U were being sarcastic) Anything thats illegal invites the crime element and elevates murder amongst those who engage in nefarious activities. I also contend that prescription drugs do far more collateral damage than illegal ones.
But the key difference being most deaths occur as the result of overdose one does to himself. Comparatively, I don't see nearly as many self inflicted gunshot deaths.
jimmy

Milton, WV

#15 Jul 22, 2012
Spleencage wrote:
Im for all the right to bear arms. But assault weapons, automatic and semi-automatics should not be available to anyone but military. But I also know that will never happen.
Cant say I agree with the illegal drug analogy ( yeah I know U were being sarcastic) Anything thats illegal invites the crime element and elevates murder amongst those who engage in nefarious activities. I also contend that prescription drugs do far more collateral damage than illegal ones.
But the key difference being most deaths occur as the result of overdose one does to himself. Comparatively, I don't see nearly as many self inflicted gunshot deaths.
citizens have the right to own any type of gun that is available.
Tru dat

New York, NY

#16 Jul 22, 2012
Spleencage wrote:
What exactly is an "assault weapon?" That term was coined by anti-gun liberals and describes features used on everyday hunting guns. A certain handle can make a gun an "assault weapon" by their definition.

As for automatic weapons, those have been heavily regulated since the 1934. You have to have a special permit to own them, and it is difficult to get. New automatic weapons for civilian use have not been produced in many years. Those owning them with a permit own very old ones.

Location hidden

#17 Jul 22, 2012
Tru dat wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly is an "assault weapon?" That term was coined by anti-gun liberals and describes features used on everyday hunting guns. A certain handle can make a gun an "assault weapon" by their definition.
As for automatic weapons, those have been heavily regulated since the 1934. You have to have a special permit to own them, and it is difficult to get. New automatic weapons for civilian use have not been produced in many years. Those owning them with a permit own very old ones.
Put whatever definition on it you want but the 100 round rifle that the psycho coward in Colorado used was certainly an assault rifle. Why does any civilian need 100 round drum mags and nearly full ballistic Armor? Deer Hunting I suppose. Also, your wrong about only very old auto weapons being the only ones Owen able by civilians. Most of that is state regulated and some states are very liberal.
Jethro

Huntington, WV

#18 Jul 22, 2012
There should be no restrictions on guns. If I want a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher or a .50 caliber machine gun, that's my goddamn constitutional right. I'll use it for home defense and to kill deers.
Spider

Huntington, WV

#19 Jul 22, 2012
mu fan wrote:
Those bleeding heart liberals were all over the gun control issue before the blood had even dried.
Those heartless conservatives were all over the gun rights issue before the bodies were cold.
Tru dat

New York, NY

#20 Jul 22, 2012
YFNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Put whatever definition on it you want but the 100 round rifle that the psycho coward in Colorado used was certainly an assault rifle. Why does any civilian need 100 round drum mags and nearly full ballistic Armor? Deer Hunting I suppose. Also, your wrong about only very old auto weapons being the only ones Owen able by civilians. Most of that is state regulated and some states are very liberal.
Look up the National Firearms Act of 1934.

I was not speaking of the Colorado incident specifically, nor was the person I replied to in that post. She spoke of gun ownership in general.

The relevant year in my other reference was 1986. Post 1986 automatic weapons are saleable only to the police, military, state, local, or federal government. Pre 1986 made automatic weapon transfers requires a federal firearms license, take an average of 5-6 months, and costs several thousand dollars.
Jesus Hussein Christ

New York, NY

#21 Jul 22, 2012
Tru dat wrote:
<quoted text>Look up the National Firearms Act of 1934.

I was not speaking of the Colorado incident specifically, nor was the person I replied to in that post. She spoke of gun ownership in general.

The relevant year in my other reference was 1986. Post 1986 automatic weapons are saleable only to the police, military, state, local, or federal government. Pre 1986 made automatic weapon transfers requires a federal firearms license, take an average of 5-6 months, and costs several thousand dollars.
Wrong.
Guess again.
The ban you are talking about expired in 2004. The NRA owns congress so it won't be back.
We need Gecko45

Charleston, WV

#22 Jul 22, 2012
Jesus Hussein Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Guess again.
The ban you are talking about expired in 2004. The NRA owns congress so it won't be back.
He was talking about full autos not semi autos.
Tru dat

New York, NY

#23 Jul 23, 2012
Jesus Hussein Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Guess again.
The bill which expired in 2004 which you refer to (and I did not refer to) is the Assault Weapons Ban which banned guns based on visual features, and not just magazine maximums, etc.

I referred to the National Firearms Act of 1934, its amendments and additions, and specifically to fully automatic weapons in response to SuperAtheist who feels she is also now an expert on gun control laws. She made the statement that automatic weapons are regulated primarily at state level and are depend on each particular state's laws. Nothing could be further from the truth. Automatic weapons are heavily regulated by federal laws and the federal government.

So...you are WRONG, if we are keeping score Hussein.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ceredo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God I can't wait till obamy is out if office! 11 min MarkJ- 228
Israel knows how to deal with rioters 50 min MarkJ- 228
News Med School Student Can't Pursue Disability Clam 54 min nunya 4
Elizabeth Courtney McDermott 1 hr jaimie r 19
Daniel Kinder 1 hr Kayla C 3
anyone know chad brown (May '09) 2 hr tlkemployee 38
Rt 75 trailer park (Nov '14) 2 hr wondering 11
More from around the web

Ceredo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE