Concerned Watcher

Milton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

What's up with the Ceredo FD responding to a structure fire and having their wives and kids running around on scene? I understand if they want to see a fire but some of those kids were way too close to the fire... and they seemed to be in the way most of the time... Has that department lost it's mind or are they just that careless with their own families? I mean seriously what happens if one of the kids get hurt or heaven forbid something happens to daddy on the fire the kids and wives being there is just a distraction... keep them home and safe not on the fire scene
No Way

Milton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

What? Are you serious they had their wives and kids on a structure fire with them? What the heck. Don't they realize that is a fireman's major down fall if their families are there they won't be able to concentrate on saving property or lives that they need to be. Fire scene is no place for kids anyways. I can't believe Ceredo FD would be that negligent...
Not too shocked

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

This is the first I've heard of Ceredo doing it, but Wayne has some that have never been on a call without dragging alone the wife and kids. There is no excuse for it and those members should not be allowed on the department if it continues. They endanger everyone on scene. The other firefighters have to worry and watch what they are doing and the distraction only spells disaster.
HFD

Kenova, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

Judged:

I can tell you it doesnt happen with ceredo.wayne yes there is one fellow that brings the whole family along ceredo is a little better than that.Please get the story right this dept could get a bad rep for this..it didnt happen.
CKGrad

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

?????
Someone that was there

Kenova, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

There was a fire in the summer of '09 and there were a few wives and some kids there. From what i understand one of the wives was trying to order around the other fireman and the wife is not on the department! They have slipped in the past year or so. Its not too late to make some changes.....at least before even MORE fireman leave the department.
Bigfoot888

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2010

Judged:

Ceredo Fire Department is one of the best equiped volunteer departments in the State. That is mainly because of Chiefs like Wildcat Lyons, Stanley Fink, and Johnny Robertson! A lot of hard work has been put into the department to make it what it is. The members are well trained and know their duties and responsibilities. However, the attitudes of the members are hurting the departments image and resulting in a lot of bad public opinion. If you are not a member of the so called "Click", you are overlooked, and if you go against the click, you will not be around long! Your a rtop notch Fire Department, but you need a lot of work in compassion, and in public opinon before it's too late.
Ceredo Firefighter

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

I am a firefighter for Ceredo myself, we take great pride in our work. We train every week so then we will be ready to protect and serve the town of Ceredo and the surrounding areas. We have a ladies auxilary unit that responds to the calls, not to get in the way, but to simply keep us hydrated. You can't very well leave a 3-4 year old child home alone for hours at a time. Trust me, the only people in the way is the "eww aww squad".
CVFD Hater

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Creed fire department is the biggest bunch of wanna be firefighters ever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

CVFD Hater wrote:
Creed fire department is the biggest bunch of wanna be firefighters ever
. Your name says it all!
myownmind

Ashley, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

Judged:

Wow, proud member of the cfd, an I must say its a family firedepartment! Its not just guys, everyone on that department is family! Grow up!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

myownmind wrote:
Wow, proud member of the cfd, an I must say its a family firedepartment! Its not just guys, everyone on that department is family! Grow up!
So there is a problem with the dept being not just guys?? And a family oriented place??? Maybe I took your post the wrong way?
Ceredo Firefighter

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

Judged:

Not so sure where this creed fire dept. is located. But im glad to see that people are putting us down, people dont realize untill we are needed how much we do. We are family at the station, we rely on each other for help when we are in need. Its a hard job to do, so please do not put us down. the funny thing is, after returning to the fire house after a fire we dont get a pay check. You come do this job for free, and see how you like getting put down for it.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

AMEN brother!
Resident

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

The only ones putting you down and your to dumb to realize it is Huntington say what you want they dont like you they dont like volly depts they think your trying to steal there jobs Huntington is a bunch of two faced Fire Fighters they say we have no problem with you and when your gone your trash to them.your not good enough there fires are hotter than yours.wake up guys your not wanted.and as far as taking kids and family the only dept that i know of of doing alot of that was Wayne I Wont mention his name he is a smart ass little punk yes little he needs a ass whooping he would take his kids and leave them on the side of the road rain snow cold didnt matter cause he wasent allowed to go on any calls unless his wife went he would run people off the road going to calls with his little red light.thats the problem you get rid of trouble and dumb people and people wouldnt look down on Vollies.and for the big chiefs having fire fighters pass up a structure fire to go to the station and wait is crazy when you have gear and a engine company on its way restructure your protocols.that make the dept look like they dont know what there doing and people sees this but as a whole Ceredo in my book are one of the best in the state and the best in the county of wayne .
myownmind

Flint, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2011

Judged:

Ceredo Firefighter wrote:
Not so sure where this creed fire dept. is located. But im glad to see that people are putting us down, people dont realize untill we are needed how much we do. We are family at the station, we rely on each other for help when we are in need. Its a hard job to do, so please do not put us down. the funny thing is, after returning to the fire house after a fire we dont get a pay check. You come do this job for free, and see how you like getting put down for it.
I couldn't phrase it better!(:
Ceredo Firefighter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2011

Judged:

Are you trying to tell me that us "volly's" aren't wanted. Because I know quite a few residents of the Ceredo fire district that is very gracious of having us around. What you don't realize is if it wasn't for us volunteers, do you know how long it would take a truck from huntington to let's say route 75? By the time they would get there, the house would be burnt to the ground. That's why they have us volunteers, so then the residents in surrounding areas won't have to wait "all day" for a truck in the city of Huntington to come put there house out, or cut them out of there car. All I'm asking is for just a little bit of RESPECT for putting out lives on the line to save ungrateful people like yourselves. End of story
Ceredo FD Member

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2011

Are you trying to tell me that us "volly's" aren't wanted. Because I know quite a few residents of the Ceredo fire district that is very gracious of having us around. What you don't realize is if it wasn't for us volunteers, do you know how long it would take a truck from huntington to let's say route 75? By the time they would get there, the house would be burnt to the ground. That's why they have us volunteers, so then the residents in surrounding areas won't have to wait "all day" for a truck in the city of Huntington to come put there house out, or cut them out of there car. All I'm asking is for just a little bit of RESPECT for putting out lives on the line to save ungrateful people like yourselves. End of story
AMEN. Couldn't have said it better myself.
fightfirelikeagi rl

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2011

Well stated Jake. You forgot the part where we. Don't roast marshmallows and hotdogs over the house while it's burning.(:
Howdy

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

HFD wrote:
I can tell you it doesnt happen with ceredo.wayne yes there is one fellow that brings the whole family along ceredo is a little better than that.Please get the story right this dept could get a bad rep for this..it didnt happen.
I know who you are talking about and your right he has been told several times about this he done it on another dept also....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ceredo Discussions

Search the Ceredo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff Edwards dead? 27 min Shaking my Head 26
Outdoor intimacy 30 min wifey 2
Avengers MC (Jul '10) 45 min just you 385
Husband fired from Alcon today. 1 hr okay 16
MARSHALL UNDEFEATED bcs bowl chances 1 hr Harold Frankel 3
Best ever hookers in huntington (Nov '12) 1 hr buck the duck 83
Obama golfs while the world burns 1 hr Liberal man girl 23
•••
•••