Review: Lagniappe On Bayou

Posted in the Centreville Forum

Lauren

Woodbridge, VA

#1 Dec 30, 2012
Cajun cuisine?! What a joke. I had dinner there last night and being from New Orleans area I had high hopes and frankly high expectations. I had the crab meat au gratin and was so disappointed. It took about 30 minutes to get the order and when I received my meal the portion was generous and more than I would have normally expected for that dish. Crab meat au gratin is typically very rich but what I had seemed more like stuffed crab topped with cheese than a true crab meat au gratin. It was described as having lump crab and there was not a single identifiable piece of crab, it was all picked shredded and blended into a uniform mess . It was served on paper which by the time I was starting to eat it had soaked through the paper and was picking it out as I was trying to cut apart the cheese topping which was a solid layer that needed a knife and in the end was not worth eating. The french bread was decent though I would have liked butter for it. My fried okra was ok only they forgot to serve it and while I was trying to flag down anyone behind the bar to retrieve it for me my crab was soaking through the paper. I grew up in southern Louisiana and don't know anyone who would call that authentic. Seriously I would not go back and would not recommend anyone going there. Now I tried to call and talk to the owner but instead of taking any customer feedback I was cursed out. GREAT way to treat your customer base. No way and never again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centreville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US official guilty of covering for ex-worker wh... Mar 28 trying 1
Costco Mar 24 shotgun 1
News Va. man wanted for raping girlfriend's daughter Mar 24 the truth 1
Manassas park city school lockdown today 3/17 Mar 17 Blew I 2
Owner of Local Barbecue Joint Will Hit the Road Mar 7 Carmen J DeFranks SR 1
News Manassas doctor accused of sexually assaulting ... Mar 3 The truth 1
Everyone needs to check this out!!! Feb 28 pojobjgy 3
Centreville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web