Out of district students

Posted in the Centreville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Snitch

Columbia, IL

#1 Sep 6, 2012
The school district is trying to catch these families. If you know of any report them! They don't pay taxes in our town and they are overcrowding our classrooms.
You bet

Millstadt, IL

#2 Sep 6, 2012
I agree 100% get them out of here now!!!!
wondering

Millstadt, IL

#3 Sep 6, 2012
Can't they just pay to go here? Just wondering
bee

Stockton, MO

#4 Sep 7, 2012
I'd much rather pay for an out of district kid to get an education than the paychecks of the two rude women who sit in the office of bluffview elementary.
I may be alone in this one, but those 2 women act as if they're serving a prison sentence.
A friend

United States

#5 Sep 7, 2012
bee wrote:
I'd much rather pay for an out of district kid to get an education than the paychecks of the two rude women who sit in the office of bluffview elementary.
I may be alone in this one, but those 2 women act as if they're serving a prison sentence.
You are alone on this one!!! I don't normally post to this stupid site but this one I am. They both are very sweet ladies!!! One is a very dear friend of mine and the other one is a close family friend. You need to get your facts straight before you get on here and stay stupid shit that's NOT true!!
yeah okay

Millstadt, IL

#6 Sep 7, 2012
bee wrote:
I'd much rather pay for an out of district kid to get an education than the paychecks of the two rude women who sit in the office of bluffview elementary.
I may be alone in this one, but those 2 women act as if they're serving a prison sentence.
You sound like a kid who got in trouble or something. Those 2 in the office hold the entire school together! You just have to communicate with them. In fact in my experience they have more heart and soul put into a school then most of them around here. You are in fact ALONE on this.
lala

Dupo, IL

#7 Sep 7, 2012
wondering wrote:
Can't they just pay to go here? Just wondering
Tuition is around 4 or 5 grand a year.
A PERFECT 10

Waterloo, IL

#8 Sep 7, 2012
A friend wrote:
<quoted text>
You are alone on this one!!! I don't normally post to this stupid site but this one I am. They both are very sweet ladies!!! One is a very dear friend of mine and the other one is a close family friend. You need to get your facts straight before you get on here and stay stupid shit that's NOT true!!
I read your commentary and agree with you 200 percent! We like your aggressive nature used to state your opinion. Take care
bee

United States

#9 Sep 7, 2012
This is an opinion website, that is my opinion.

Sorry if I hit a nerve, but I was treated as an inconvenience both times while I was there.
elizabeth

Columbia, IL

#10 Sep 7, 2012
i don't agree either, leslie and dawn are both very nice. i've had kids in this district for 10 years and i've had to call many times. they are both awesome sometimes you have to get to know a person.

Since: Aug 10

United States

#11 Sep 7, 2012
bee wrote:
This is an opinion website, that is my opinion.
Sorry if I hit a nerve, but I was treated as an inconvenience both times while I was there.
That's because you're one of "those" parents.
WOW O WOW

Millstadt, IL

#12 Sep 7, 2012
You negative people need to wake up and realize that these gals in the office are great. They have a lot that they have to deal with being in this district and very difficult parents to try to keep happy and calm. I can't count the times I have heard of parents cussing these teachers and office workers out. It is absolutely ridiculous! Hate to say it but Grim has nailed it on the head here. ;)
just wait

Waterloo, IL

#13 Sep 8, 2012
If you think the ladies in the grade school office are rude, just wait until you have to deal with the two fine women working in the high school office. I don't think you could find more unprofessional or rude people if you tried. They are rude to the kids and the adults that enter the office. When you call the school, they do not identify themselves. It is just "Dupo Jr/Sr High School." Would it be so hard to say "this is Jane Doe; how can I help you?" Way to represent the school!
Wickedupo

Belleville, IL

#14 Sep 8, 2012
Employees at the school reflect the leadership. Think about it.
what

Waterloo, IL

#15 Sep 8, 2012
i guess if i had to answer the phone 500 times a day i probably would say that too. if i had to deal with students all day i would probably be cranky too. who knows
Need a new job

Waterloo, IL

#16 Sep 8, 2012
what wrote:
i guess if i had to answer the phone 500 times a day i probably would say that too. if i had to deal with students all day i would probably be cranky too. who knows
If that is the case, it is time for them to retire or look for a new job. It is not acceptable. There is NO excuse for rude behavior. If I behaved that way, my boss would not tolerate it. I guess our school has lower standards of behavior for their employees. I would also like to see a dress code enforced for school employees. I guess I am just old school; because I think the way you treat others and present yourself says a lot about you.
so true

Waterloo, IL

#17 Sep 9, 2012
Need a new job wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is the case, it is time for them to retire or look for a new job. It is not acceptable. There is NO excuse for rude behavior. If I behaved that way, my boss would not tolerate it. I guess our school has lower standards of behavior for their employees. I would also like to see a dress code enforced for school employees. I guess I am just old school; because I think the way you treat others and present yourself says a lot about you.
That is so true. Some of the teachers could dress a bit nicer too. I agree about the old school thing. I never had a teacher while I was in school that showed up for work in a t-shirt or capri pants or flip flops. Do they even have a dress code?
bee

United States

#18 Sep 9, 2012
It's good to know that I was not alone in this issue.. I had a hard time believing I was the only person they treated like this....
Great idea of the dress code!!! Teachers nor secretaries ever wore jeans to school.
Resident

United States

#19 Sep 10, 2012
I agree the secretaries ARE rude at both the elementary and high schools. I have a busy stressful job too but I'm not rude to people like they are. Maybe they should look for a different job if they can't handle the stress. Just sayin...
so true

Waterloo, IL

#20 Sep 10, 2012
I never had a problem with Leslie at the grade school. She could be a little short with a parent now and then; but there was never a doubt that she had the best interest of the kids in mind. Now that my kids are older, I have to deal with the highschool ladies and I don't get the feeling that the same is true of them. It does not seem to matter how nice you are to them. They do not appear to want to be bothered with questions. When you have your first child in high school as a freshman, you have some questions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centreville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*Keep a word - - Drop a word* (Aug '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 2,178
Christopher Wallace 1 hr justice 53
Name some thots in gc 1 hr urbandictionary 9
Holly Ollis 2 hr #verytrue 15
Eric Fredrick 3 hr Ignorance Is Bliss 2
Edwardsville cop busted for multiple burglaries 3 hr The Facts 1
david barcum 4 hr guy 4
Centreville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Centreville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Centreville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Centreville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:58 pm PST

NBC Sports12:58PM
William Hayes, Alec Ogletree draw fines after fight with Giants
NBC Sports 5:11 PM
Russell Okung cleared to play from bruised lung, Max Unger a game-time decision
NBC Sports 8:41 PM
Report: Chargers worked out Austin Pettis
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?