Medford won't carry Obama comments live; Ashland leaves the decision up to teachers

Sep 10, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Medford Mail Tribune

Medford schools Superintendent Phil Long, in a letter to parents Monday, affirmed his decision not to show President Obama's address today live in classrooms.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Sep 24, 2009
iquanyin

Ashland, OR

#1 Sep 11, 2009
wow. awesome level of disrespect for a sitting president.
smudge

Redmond, WA

#2 Sep 12, 2009
Fact of Life #73:

Respect must be EARNED.
(awesome, eh?)
iquanyin

Ashland, OR

#3 Sep 12, 2009
i'd say becoming a rhodes scholar and winning the presidency are achievements worth respect. but hey! maybe there's better ones.
smudge

Redmond, WA

#4 Sep 14, 2009
Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar and won the Presidency.
You know, that guy that pardoned Marc Rich and was involved in that Whitewater investigation. The same fellow that was involved with Paula Jones and Monica Lewinsky.
No, I don't respect him either.
You're right...there may be better ways to earn respect.
GaiaGirl

Ashland, OR

#5 Sep 24, 2009
The office of President deserves respect, regardless of who holds that office. As far as not respecting Bill Clinton, are his presidential accomplishments overshadowed by some poor personal choices regarding extra-marital sex? In Europe and elsewhere in the world people thought Americans were silly and stupid for making such a big thing out of a sexual encounter. Many other presidents had numerous affairs, including Eisenhower, Kennedy, Roosevelt. When Clinton left office he left us with a SURPLUS in the budget, but Bush managed to spend that down and put us in the hole financially within 5 months. Clinton managed to build worldwide respect for the USA during his time in office, which Bush managed to totally wreck within just a few years. Clinton should be admired for his foreign policy accomplishments and budget accomplishments. Personally I think what happened with Paula and Monica should have stayed between him and his wife and if she chose to forgive him, who are we to not do so? It did not affect his ability to serve as president. Name me just one example of how his private sexual encounters affected his ability to deal with foreign diplomats, foreign powers, or world affairs. Only the Puritan ethics of many Americans would make a big deal out of it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 23 We Hate Coos Bay ... 204
Did anyone know Quinn Berry? (Feb '10) Aug 20 Little Red Riding... 6
anyone need black Aug 19 Neverbackdown88 2
Review: Lucky Chimney & Dryer Vent Service Aug 18 Ruchian 1
joshua parker (Oct '13) Aug 18 B-Lynn 4,103
Rainwater collection case leads to jail sentenc... (Jul '12) Aug 6 watchman 3
Medford man dies in rollover accident on Old St... (Jun '13) Aug 6 klh 3
•••
•••
•••

Central Point Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000