Constitution Day Finds Central Students Debating Laws Merits

Full story: News on 6 Tulsa

Today students at Tulsa's Central High School celebrated Constitution Day by debating the merits of a new law being passed which targets young drivers using their cell phones.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Sep 22, 2010
Rick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

As much as I do not like it, If a law is targeted at minors then it is reasonable. Just be glad they don't tax each text. They could you know. It would be legal and not require a vote of the people because it would be an usage fee just like on the regular phone bill.
WMCOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Lots of laws target just one segment of society. Drivers license, drinking laws, voting law, consensual sex law, military conscription, child support, but so what?

When three of four sixteen year olds with a drivers license are involved in an accident or receive a moving violation during their first year of driving, that segment needs to be targeted. Stop the nonsense and the target will come down.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Central High Discussions

Search the Central High Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 22 min Packing Heat 71,285
Illegal Safe House at 2704 N/E 9th 9 hr fitness-guru 3
Review: Mystique Nail & Spa (Jul '10) Jul 22 FedUp 29
gangs in lawton - is this sickening or what? (Sep '07) Jul 22 No one important 166
If Redskins change name, should Oklahoma change... Jul 21 Anonymous 1
Illegal Alien camp Jul 21 Serrano Red 2
taylor stein attorney (Jul '11) Jul 19 monica antoine 25
•••
•••
•••
•••

Central High Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••