Buzz misfired in Vanity Fair body slam of Duncan

Jan 24, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Duncan Banner

As the new kid in town, I'm reluctant to leap atop the ramparts to defend the honor of Duncan, Okla., my new adopted hometown.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
LolaRay

Duncan, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

No, the author did not "misfire" in the Vanity Fair article about Duncan, Oklahoma. Everything the author stated in the article is true and has always been true. I know. I have lived in Duncan, Oklahoma, all my life.

The three "alleged" murderers of Christopher Lane should get the maximum penalty allowed by the law. Those who think Duncan and Stephens County are all "hunky-dory" are fooling themselves. Duncan is a divided town--the "haves" and the "have-nots"-- and it's getting worse every year. The naive people of this town need to wake up! There are major problems here.
Jim Amidon

Duncan, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

There is no shortage of the seeming soulless in either camp of 'haves' or 'have-nots'- this is a global thing, not a trait unique to Duncan.

One thing I am convinced of is that many of the locals don't like it here. My social bubble is rather small so I can't assert this is the opinion of the majority.

To the amusement of all aquaintences 'n psuedo friends, I started a website/blog 2 years ago highlighting what I like about Duncan. The reaction to my project from nearly all I tell of this has been amusement 'n disbelief with plenty of assurance that it's not all that great living here.

Coming from a period of working side-by-side several years with many professionals to include writers, photographers and artists, I was unable to get a single person to contribute to my lil project with the rosey glasses view of Duncan, even when I had money to offer.

Of course I know there are problems here. There are parts of town I don't want to walk in even during the daylight just like nearly every town in this country today. But I think/feel this town has a lot to offer a person moving in from a big city. It still has a beating heart and people who give a damn.

Maybe this is one of them cases where believing becomes seeing.
Really

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Nope, article is spot on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Central High Discussions

Search the Central High Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 4 hr DoesntMatter 62,231
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Gildy 2,364
70 year old robbed Fri just wondering 1
Chris Ybarra Fri girlinthafalls 2
drh Fri karma 1
help me Thu Another1 12
Richard Stewart Apr 16 Sleepless in OK 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Central High Jobs

•••
•••