Unemployment Backlog in RI l WPRI.com

Out-of-work Rhode Islanders are waiting longer than usual to start receiving unemployment benefits. Full Story
Barbara Cimalore

Westerly, RI

#1 Nov 20, 2008
I have been trying to use the website you gave for sending e-mails to the DLT, and each time I try, I get a message that it is not existent. I am using- uihelp@dlt.ri.gov. I was finally able to reach someone this past Saturday around 11:00 a.m., after hundreds of calls between Oct 14 and November 15. I was told by Roberta that she would be sending me forms in the mail to fill out, and have yet to receive them.
Ruffo

Cheshire, CT

#2 Dec 3, 2008
RHODE ISLANDS'S GOVEMENT IS AT FAULT!!!!!

ri unemployment benefits .... SHOULD NEVER TAKE THIS LONG.. IF THEY WANTED TO FIX THE PROBLEM THEY COULD!!! WHY SHOULD THE PEOPLE WHO LOST THERE JOBS PAY THE PRICE!!!! NOT FAIR !!! SHAME ON RHODE ISLAND!!!
Flood

Cheshire, CT

#3 Dec 3, 2008
Why is this happing ... this Roberta should loss her job... she sucks... so does RI UNEPLOYMENT!!!
Flood

Cheshire, CT

#4 Dec 3, 2008
Ruffo wrote:
RHODE ISLANDS'S GOVEMENT IS AT FAULT!!!!!
ri unemployment benefits .... SHOULD NEVER TAKE THIS LONG.. IF THEY WANTED TO FIX THE PROBLEM THEY COULD!!! WHY SHOULD THE PEOPLE WHO LOST THERE JOBS PAY THE PRICE!!!! NOT FAIR !!! SHAME ON RHODE ISLAND!!!
SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!
meredith

Newport, RI

#5 Dec 7, 2008
people are also unable to reach anyone at the only listed number for unemployment since the call is answered with a message stating due to heavy call volume we are unable to take your call at this time please try your call again later. and that message stays on until their business closes for the day it goes back to the original answering service where you can get thru but no is in the office to take your calls. then it continues that way when they reopen day after day
meredith

Newport, RI

#6 Dec 7, 2008
they need to utilize an answering system to allow clients to leave messages and not wasting time on the telephone when u cant get thru anyhow
Rhode Island Sucks

Portsmouth, RI

#7 Dec 7, 2008
What they need to do is work more damm hours, sometimes they only work from 8:00am -11:45am and who knows if they really are working since they have that shitty machine that tells you its too busy to take your call, call back another time, and automatically hangs up on you.

This state is so f@@cking awful, its seriously the worst state in the whole USA.
Rhode Island Sucks

Portsmouth, RI

#8 Dec 12, 2008
Did anyone receive their letters yet? I received mine, and it states I am eligible for 7 weeks. Although the bill states it starts with 7 weeks and then after they finish the 13 weeks kicks in with states of high unemployment.

Hopefully this is true becuase 7 weeks is NOTHING. Hopefully Rhode Island honors the bill signed by the Pres. Correctly.
Help

Cranston, RI

#9 Dec 12, 2008
Going on a month now and still haven't received the paperwork on an approved unemployment claim that I have to fill out and send back. They are going to have more people next month? What are they doing about it right now? How many more lives will be destroyed before they get caught up. Rhode Island unemployment is now the Grinch that Stole Christmas. Are there any lawyers interested in a class action suite for this screw up. I know the state wouldn't hesitate coming after me for not paying my taxes but it's ok if they destroy a forty year good-credit track record?
chris

Pawtucket, RI

#10 Dec 15, 2008
what is the point in paying taxes....i got laid off a month ago havnt heard a word from unemployment..so i went down with my pregnant wife to apply for assistance from the state, and was refused everything.. so now were probably gonna lose everything we both worked for, but the second they don't see our taxes rolling in they'll be on us like white on rice

Since: Dec 08

USA

#11 Dec 16, 2008
by best wishes and thoughts for all those affected by the economy in this season

esp for those in RI.The state sure dosn't seem to care about there own
Rhode Island Sucks

Portsmouth, RI

#12 Dec 16, 2008
insertfoot wrote:
by best wishes and thoughts for all those affected by the economy in this season
esp for those in RI.The state sure dosn't seem to care about there own
Care lol funny word. Rhode Island could not give a shit if people were living in the streets waiting for their unemployment money, they pretend to care by stating they will hire new staff for the unemployment office, yet this problem has been there for a while now, and now they are going to do it. They work very little hours on purpose, what people could you possibly help if your staff works from 8-12 or 2 the latest.
They lie about the benefits were entitled to, for the extension they state we will only receive 7 weeks max, yet the law states after the 7 weeks, we get a second tier of 13 weeks, yet they lie.

Its partly our fault, there are no jobs here, and no money, no health care, yet we pretend everything is okay, and keep shopping, and keep pumping money into the state so why should they care, you should see the stores here they are always full. If no money then how are all these people shopping??
destitute on the beach

Westerly, RI

#13 Jan 16, 2009
I filed 2 weeks ago online and my claim has not been processed yet. I keep on plugging in my confirmation number and it spits out "your claim has been received, but not yet processed. This will take 10-14 business days." I am so stressed out over this, I literally had to lay down and take a nap today and when I woke up, I was in tears. I cannot believe the state of RI is allowing this to happen. I am entiltled to unemployment insurance. I pay into it. Why in God's name is Don "I have a mouth full of marbles" Carcieri no more proactive in this horrible situation? He's still getting paid by the state, so why can't we?? This is degrading, stressful and unacceptable. When all of my bills come in, I'm sending them to the governor's office. This is totally unacceptable
Andrea Mitchell

Providence, RI

#15 Feb 12, 2013
Can some one please return my call
chickychickchick erydo

Warwick, RI

#16 Feb 12, 2013
Andrea Mitchell wrote:
Can some one please return my call
Good luck, we have been waiting since October. You can't reach anyone by phone, you can't reach anyone by email and if you go there, they won't talk to you. They make you go to a kiosk and well, we did that two weeks ago and still no return call. I feel bad for those who work there. It's not their fault they are understaffed. I say we all go sit on the Governors front lawn till the give us our checks!
laurie

Tiverton, RI

#18 Jul 23, 2013
when you call the call center they tell you you can't get through so you can never talk to someone! you do it online they never get back to you . I can't live for 2 weeks with no money maybe the Governor can not us! Something has to be done. Let me work there I 'll get the work done for people!
Gabriel Duana

Providence, RI

#19 Oct 17, 2013
Why am I going through all of this? A simple problem cannot be solve in a country with all the great knowledge. Is it a deliberate attempt to hult others? Why can't you just post my money when it is time when you get all my bank information and you know what's my in title net is per week. You have me contacting some phone number that will always have fault. There get to be a way out of this ugly process.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kugel Mesh Settlements (Jul '11) Tue Mayme22 533
slutiest snapchat users to follow Mon Anonymous 1
Review: Rudman Kenneth J DDS Oct 18 jany 3
Medium Theresa Caputo Comes to PPAC Tonight (Feb '14) Oct 10 MJs lnnocent 3
Review: I Love Kickboxing - North Providence (Nov '13) Oct 10 MJs lnnocent 30
Michelle Caravelli's Family Memoir Offers Hope ... Oct 6 Anonymous 1
Lawmaker proposes ridding Federal Hill of night... Oct 1 Providence 1
Central Falls Dating
Find my Match

Central Falls Jobs