Obama Effigy Hung Upside Down By Teacher

Full story: WJW Fox 8 Cleveland

A teacher at a failing school where he and all his colleagues are being fired hung an effigy of President Barack Obama in his classroom, apparently in reaction to Obama's support of extreme measures to ensure accountability in schools.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Mar 19, 2010

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 19, 2010
Freedom of speech. He is entitled to his opinion. That being said, these folks need to lose their jobs. The school is failing. Good for the people who had the guts to fire them.
How's that hope and change thing working for you?
The Raven

New Philadelphia, OH

#2 Mar 19, 2010
How does that "hope and change thing" have anything to do with the firings of incompetent teachers under a program that was signed into law by George Bush in 2002?

If they wanna hang anyone in effigy, it should be their colleagues, the "unteachable" kids and the parents of the kids in the school for it's THEIR fault he was fired, not Obamas.

Location hidden

#3 Mar 19, 2010
The Raven wrote:
How does that "hope and change thing" have anything to do with the firings of incompetent teachers under a program that was signed into law by George Bush in 2002?
If they wanna hang anyone in effigy, it should be their colleagues, the "unteachable" kids and the parents of the kids in the school for it's THEIR fault he was fired, not Obamas.
Well, I would assume it was because Obama made a comment regarding it. I don't think President Bush did. But I do agree, the kids and the parents are primarily responsible for the state of the school. But the teachers were fired because they weren't willing (because of the union) to put in some extra effort to help the students. Please, understand the whole story, not just the part you feel you can blame on President Bush.

Location hidden

#5 Mar 19, 2010
i smell stupid people wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not attempt to use logic and sense with ignorant rascists like her. It is pointless to get through to such morons.
Blah blah blah. Stalker. When you can't make an intelligent comment, people will ignore you.

Location hidden

#7 Mar 19, 2010
<quoted text>
Well, all evidence to the contrary.
Right. Troll and stalker.
Sigmund

AOL

#8 Mar 19, 2010
<quoted text>
Well, all evidence to the contrary.
You and PityPat both have severe OCD. Seek help.
J_E_C_

Avon Lake, OH

#9 Mar 19, 2010
Teacher's seem to be getting a bad rap as far as testing goes. We work long hours for little pay but do it because we love the kids (sometimes it's the only love and support they ever see) and love educating them. We are not just educators, we are councelors, nurses, surrogate parents, role models. You wouldn't have the job you have if it wasn't for a teacher. We personally have the most important job IN THE WORLD! You can teach some kids until you are blue in the face and it's not going to make them perform any better on state tests. Students with severe learning disabilities are made to take the state tests and their scores count on the schools report cards. What we need to do is get rid of all this state testing. The kids are tested out and don't want to do it anymore. They are testing in EVERY grade and if you were tested every year for your job, it would get old very fast. I agree that there are some bad teachers out there but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Cheryl in Cuyahoga Falls

Northbrook, IL

#10 Mar 19, 2010
I was reading the caption under the picture and noticed spelling errors. Not the best way to be professional when reporting news?

“Jolly Good!”

Since: Nov 09

Brecksville

#11 Mar 19, 2010
J_E_C_ wrote:
Teacher's seem to be getting a bad rap as far as testing goes. We work long hours for little pay but do it because we love the kids (sometimes it's the only love and support they ever see) and love educating them. We are not just educators, we are councelors, nurses, surrogate parents, role models. You wouldn't have the job you have if it wasn't for a teacher. We personally have the most important job IN THE WORLD! You can teach some kids until you are blue in the face and it's not going to make them perform any better on state tests. Students with severe learning disabilities are made to take the state tests and their scores count on the schools report cards. What we need to do is get rid of all this state testing. The kids are tested out and don't want to do it anymore. They are testing in EVERY grade and if you were tested every year for your job, it would get old very fast. I agree that there are some bad teachers out there but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
You think that being a student and being tested every year is a reason to eliminate testing because SOME students are burned out? You think that most jobs have a 'review' every year? Too bad for the students that don't want to be tested and too bad for the employees that don't want to be reviewed. Too bad for the teachers that don't want to put in an extra 30 minutes a day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fugitive - Donald Eugene Webb (D.E.W.) 1 hr Wimpy 1
Kugel Mesh Settlements (Jul '11) Wed Jerry 519
child support Wed wow 3
leah lorraine cuellar Aug 20 someone 1
Anyone Wanna Skype dirty? Aug 18 UpForAnything22 1
anyone wanna skype? (Mar '13) Aug 18 UpForAnything22 10
Is Martha's Vineyard big enough for both Barack... Aug 15 Mothra 15
•••
Central Falls Dating

more search filters