Fired, rehired teachers back at troubled RI school

Sep 4, 2010 Full story: KansasCity.com 28

Teachers who were fired and ultimately rehired in a dispute that focused national debate over education reform have returned to their Rhode Island classrooms amid hopes that changes they agreed to will help improve student performance at their persistently troubled high school.The changes at Central Falls High School - where just 7 percent of 11th ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
McCarthy was right

Fort Worth, TX

#25 Sep 5, 2010
Dan USA wrote:
To "Mac-7," welcome to the topix forums, though I can tell you're just a little brother without wisdom. And for starters, please tell us what kind of school teacher you would be. What skills would you have to do the job? Come on "Mac-7" tell us how it's to be done (or stop your teenage bitching).
The primary problem isn't with most teachers but with things out of their control. Look, for example, at the unions that won't let poor teachers be fired. Likewise, look at the government bureaucracies that equate throwing more and more money at the school systems with improving education. The primary effect that has is to increase the size of the educational bureaucracies at all levels while helping increase the power of the unions.
Mike

Sparks, NV

#26 Sep 5, 2010
McCarthy was right wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the point, Rosie.
Obviously, your heart bleeds for the illegal alien children, but turns to stone when it comes to the inner city American children whose educational opportunities and their futures are being negatively impacted by these families.
No, my heart does not turn to stone when it comes to American inner-city kids. But, their futures aren't being negatively impacted by immigrants, legal or not. Their futures are being impacted by their welfare mothers who don't care about anything but getting the next welfare check. These people are the reason why many inner cities are shit places to live and nobody except illegals looking for low-rent places to temporarily stay will move in to those places.
And yes, my heart bleeds for most disadvantaged people including inner city American children, but not their p.o.s. black parents who live on welfare not for a couple of years but for several decades.
At least I have a heart. I'm not a heartless idiot like you who idolizes McCarthy and others of that ilk who harmed others often not for what those others did, but what their relatives and people they were acquainted with but barely talked to did.
McCarthy was right

Fort Worth, TX

#27 Sep 5, 2010
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>No, my heart does not turn to stone when it comes to American inner-city kids. But, their futures aren't being negatively impacted by immigrants, legal or not. Their futures are being impacted by their welfare mothers who don't care about anything but getting the next welfare check. These people are the reason why many inner cities are shit places to live and nobody except illegals looking for low-rent places to temporarily stay will move in to those places.
And yes, my heart bleeds for most disadvantaged people including inner city American children, but not their p.o.s. black parents who live on welfare not for a couple of years but for several decades.
At least I have a heart. I'm not a heartless idiot like you who idolizes McCarthy and others of that ilk who harmed others often not for what those others did, but what their relatives and people they were acquainted with but barely talked to did.
Haha. "Heartless idiot who idolizes McCarthy?" My, my. Your position is weak so you turn to personal attacks and misrepresenting what I said.

Sorry, amigo, but I only said McCarthy was right. I've also said many times that I don't approve of his tactics.

And, tsk, tsk, you shouldn't try to cloud the issue with your disingenuous attempt to conceptually mix LEGAL IMMIGRANTS with ILLEGAL ALIENS. Children of legal immigrants have a right to be in American schools, while children of illegal aliens do not.

Just because some inner city parents and children degrade the educational experience, it doesn’t in any way mean illegal alien children have the right to FURTHER degrade it. The fact remains that American children are LEGALLY here, and that we are responsible for them. But we are NOT responsible for the children of the illegal alien children, WHO ONLY ADD TO THE EDUCATIONAL DYSFUNCTION OF MANY INNER CITY AREAS.

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Rowlett, TX

#28 Sep 6, 2010
<quoted text>

And, tsk, tsk, you shouldn't try to cloud the issue with your disingenuous attempt to conceptually mix LEGAL IMMIGRANTS with ILLEGAL ALIENS.
Illegal aliens are immigration cheaters who have to hide behind legal immigrants to keep from being brought to justice.
Mike

Reno, NV

#30 Sep 6, 2010
<quoted text>
Haha. "Heartless idiot who idolizes McCarthy?" My, my. Your position is weak so you turn to personal attacks and misrepresenting what I said.
Sorry, amigo, but I only said McCarthy was right. I've also said many times that I don't approve of his tactics.
And, tsk, tsk, you shouldn't try to cloud the issue with your disingenuous attempt to conceptually mix LEGAL IMMIGRANTS with ILLEGAL ALIENS. Children of legal immigrants have a right to be in American schools, while children of illegal aliens do not.
Just because some inner city parents and children degrade the educational experience, it doesn’t in any way mean illegal alien children have the right to FURTHER degrade it. The fact remains that American children are LEGALLY here, and that we are responsible for them. But we are NOT responsible for the children of the illegal alien children, WHO ONLY ADD TO THE EDUCATIONAL DYSFUNCTION OF MANY INNER CITY AREAS.
Have you even been to Central Falls, RI? I have. I was there in the 1980s and back then it was not a bad place at all. It was an old industrial town and certainly not a rich man's town. But, it was well kept. The immigrants in Central Falls had a pretty nice town back then. From the bad things I've been reading about it lately, it seems that it isn't the immigrants who are messing it up, but the darkies.
Mike

Reno, NV

#31 Sep 6, 2010
Illegals are a minor problem. The major problem is that some owners and managers of businesses hire illegals because they are just too fucking cheap to pay American citizens or legal immigrants the wages and benefits that they should pay them for the job. The only way illegal imigration will be dramatically reduced is for judges to do the right thing and punish these cheap business owners and managers harshly. As long as these people keep getting slaps on the wrist such as chickenshit fines, they'll keep hiring illegals and illegals will keep coming. If owners and managers weren't getting away with hiring illegals, there would be very few illegals. They wouldn't want to come here or stay here if they couldn't get paid.
McCarthy was right

United States

#32 Sep 6, 2010
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Have you even been to Central Falls, RI? I have. I was there in the 1980s and back then it was not a bad place at all. It was an old industrial town and certainly not a rich man's town. But, it was well kept. The immigrants in Central Falls had a pretty nice town back then. From the bad things I've been reading about it lately, it seems that it isn't the immigrants who are messing it up, but the darkies.
"The darkies?"

Well, there you go. That explains everything. You're just a racist asshol e.

Since: Sep 07

Toledo, OH

#33 Sep 6, 2010
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Have you even been to Central Falls, RI? I have. I was there in the 1980s and back then it was not a bad place at all. It was an old industrial town and certainly not a rich man's town. But, it was well kept. The immigrants in Central Falls had a pretty nice town back then. From the bad things I've been reading about it lately, it seems that it isn't the immigrants who are messing it up, but the darkies.
I'm sure in 30 years nothing has been done to the properties and they are being rented out by landlords who add nothing. Then because they are in such disrepair they can't rent to quality renters and you get what you get. It's not a race issue but a dollar issue. Think about what I'm saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ohio Replaces Lethal Injection With Humane New ... Sun NAAWP 1
Anyone Wanna Skype dirty? Sun Nick 2
Adult video and news (Mar '14) Sep 2 twink 2
Fugitive - Donald Eugene Webb (D.E.W.) Aug 28 Wimpy 1
Kugel Mesh Settlements (Jul '11) Aug 27 Jerry 519
child support Aug 27 wow 3
RI's 5 Things: Moreau freed, homelessness down (Mar '14) Mar '14 Sean 1
•••
•••
•••