Pawtucket Physique Gym Fire l WPRI.com

Full story: WPRI Providence and Rhode Island

The driving snow and blistering wind made fighting a suspicious two-alarm fire inside a York Ave.
Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Sep 27, 2013
pawt resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

WASNT THERE A FIRE THERE LAST MONTH
Rex

Lincoln, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Yea and they finally arrested the owner
Nicholas

Pawtucket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Rex wrote:
Yea and they finally arrested the owner
I went to that gym, and I don't know if I believe that Gary would do such a thing.
sherry boyd

Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

learned everything i know about lifting from gary.
went to his church as well. i would have to see the proof before i found him guilty. i am still in disbelief.
sherry boyd

Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

won't believe it till i see the proof.
dyrick

Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

don't believe it either
bird

West Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

Judged:

i loved that gym !!!!!!!!!gary is as hole
jerry

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

Judged:

that gym was nasty anyway. people spitting on the floor. and the equipment was from the 80's
bird

West Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

Judged:

no it wasnt i went there it was a good clean ,quiet gym and had good weights and machines
Nicholas

Pawtucket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

I still don't understand why Gary would do that, if he even did it. I don't think he would do that. That was his life.
ps: I am an up and coming music artist, please add me on myspace, and support my music!! www.myspace.com/nicholastetreault
Chris F

Pawtucket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

Gary had burns on his legs when he was arrested and he left his keys in the front door of the gym. He always was a loose cannon. I think the gym was about to go under after Planet Fitness opened up.
Nicholas

Pawtucket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

Chris F wrote:
Gary had burns on his legs when he was arrested and he left his keys in the front door of the gym. He always was a loose cannon. I think the gym was about to go under after Planet Fitness opened up.
How do we know that this is all true? And, where did YOU get this information? They just showed him on tv, and wouldn't say how the know he did it, or why he did it. And, why would he leave his keys there? This whole thing is wierd!!
Nicholas

Pawtucket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

Maybe he did it, but the question is....WHY???
jerry

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

i hate how rhode island doesnt give bail for anyone. if this was massachusetts he would get bail.
Chris F

Pawtucket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Don't question how "I" know. Everything I stated are facts. I can't say how I know.
I can only guess as to why he did it. I know that he was only barely making ends meet for years and when Planet Fitness opened a lot of people left and I think that pushed him over the edge.
Nicholas

Pawtucket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Chris F wrote:
Don't question how "I" know. Everything I stated are facts. I can't say how I know.
I can only guess as to why he did it. I know that he was only barely making ends meet for years and when Planet Fitness opened a lot of people left and I think that pushed him over the edge.
Soo...did he burn it to collect insurance?
Chris F

Pawtucket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2009

That would be my guess, but that's only speculation. They are checking into his financial records to determine if that would have been the motive.
Ddiaz2009

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2009

Imagine my shock when I was told about this and read it here. I don't live in Pawtucket(I left in 93')but I would stop by and train at the gym when I was visiting the area. I remember the gym being the only real hardcore gym left. Gary was very passionate about his gym, and I remember him being interviewed by reporters one day, and he spoke on the difference of the Physique Company and "Other social clubs" At the time he was refering to Bally's Fitness Center that had just opened, and was his major competition at the time. He called it a "flashy dance club for weekend warriors". I just hope that Gary gets cleared of any charges and my prayers go out to him.
Tony Jones

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

sherry boyd wrote:
learned everything i know about lifting from gary.
went to his church as well. i would have to see the proof before i found him guilty. i am still in disbelief.
Is this Sherry Boyd (Smith) who sang with "Circus" a Worcester Area band back in the 70s-80s?
anonymous juror

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Yup guilty. Chris F had the facts right. That was only the start of it. He was trying to get 125k from insurance as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Central Falls Discussions

Search the Central Falls Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Down the Drain Part Two l Algot Abrahamson l Ta... (Jan '09) 12 hr ASSOCIATEOFMR ABRAHAMSON 13
Senator: Carry-on rule for musical instruments ... Mon Le Jimbo 1
Daniel Lastarza is charged in connection with t... Jul 28 the aunt 4
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Jul 27 Dina Watson 14
Two loud bangs this morning? Jul 27 bEstbUy 2
Troopers arrested Susan Ahlborg, age 40, of 50 ... (Nov '10) Jul 25 mswilson 74
Debate: Gay Marriage - Cumberland, RI (Jan '12) Jul 17 Tugg 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Central Falls Jobs

•••