R.I. school district agrees to rehire fired teachers

May 16, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KATU-TV Portland

A school district that gained the support of President Barack Obama for promoting accountability after it fired all its teachers from a struggling school announced on Sunday it had reached an agreement with the union to return all the current staffers to their jobs.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

only pop psychology and political correctness have done more damaging to our country than the teachers union

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

Someone lost the game of chicken?

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

Do you think these teachers will teach the children to listen to a Whistle Blower on an Oil Rig when he reports serious violations?

If only Obama had listened...

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

Do you think the teachers will teach science and biology to the children?

Tell them the true story how presidente Obama Killed millions of sea creatures by approving chemical dispersing agents on a massive oil spill, causing the oil to sink at many levels and lower the Oxygen content of the water dramatically killing so much, instead of letting it surface for a Burn Off?

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

Do you think the teachers will teach the children to test massive use of an oil dispersing chemical BEFORE approving it on the Gulf of Mexico's fragile Environment?

Will the teachers show pictures of the massive underwater oil slicks caused by chemical dispersment agents, some 300 feet thick and 10 miles long?

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

Do you think the teachers will tell the children how Oil Rigs are supposed to be inspected monthly to avoid catasrphes but this rig that blew up missed many but somehow was given a Safety Award by the presidente's oversight agency, Last Year?

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

Do you think the teachers will warn about the dangers of taking money in exchange for special favors as Obama has done?

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

Obama admin Ignored Whistle Blower on Exploded/Leaking Oil Rig

By Juliet Eilperin |
May 14, 2010

Review planned of gas company waivers on environmental analysis and Obama admin allowing drilling without Permits

The Center for Biological Diversity, an environmental advocacy group, has filed notice of intent to sue over the lack of permits.

In a separate case, a MMS whistle-blower warned in a May 27, 2009, letter to Interior officials that the agency's operations on the BP rig Atlantis in the gulf posed a danger to the marine environment.
"The purpose of this letter is to restate in writing our concern that the BP Atlantis project presently poses a threat of serious, immediate, potentially irreparable and catastrophic harm to the waters of the Gulf of Mexico and its marine environment, and to summarize how BP's conduct has violated federal law and regulations," wrote Kenneth Abbott, who worked in connection with the Atlantis rig.

While Abbott identified a hurricane as the most likely cause of an accident rather than the blowout that struck BP's operation in the gulf April 20, he cited other possible weaknesses in the company's drilling operations.

"From our conversation on the phone, we understand that M.M.S. is already aware that undersea manifolds have been leaking and that major flow lines must already be replaced," Abbott wrote. "Failure of this critical undersea equipment has potentially catastrophic environmental consequences."

http://views.washingtonpost.com/climate-chang...
NoMoBama2012

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

Cant the Messiah Obama just perform one of his miracles. Oh wait.....its Bushes fault.

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

NoMoBama2012 wrote:
Cant the Messiah Obama just perform one of his miracles. Oh wait.....its Bushes fault.
The Messiah performs at a BP party:

I extend my arm, open my palm and close my eyes ..... WELLAH!!!

I have a fist full of CASH!

Thank You, Thank You, and Thanks YOU! Ha Ha Ha!
Bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Sure there are lousy teachers, just like there are lousy cops, doctors, lawyers, presidents.

Look to parents as being the most irresponsible for not valuing education for their children.
Higgans

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

Bill wrote:
Sure there are lousy teachers, just like there are lousy cops, doctors, lawyers, presidents.
Look to parents as being the most irresponsible for not valuing education for their children.
the quality of the school is most affected by the quality of the 'parents' which then leads to the quality of the students, etc...
maybe, I say MAYBE, this little tiff between the union-supported Pres and the teachers' union will result, in a back-asswards sort of way, the union, in an attempt to protect ALL teachers' jobs, to finally call attention to the REAL problem...simply put, Garbage In, Garbage Out. when ur computer gets a bug, do u blame the computer or the bug?
the real tragedy? people in a position to do something about it, DON'T. why?
less IS better
sad

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

All those kids left behind, passed to the next grade year after year when they couldn't pass the current grade. YAY BUSH!

I think they are hiring them back because no one is standing in line to apply for their worthless jobs so if they don't hire them back that means no teachers and the school is shut down and that means no subsidies rolling in.

Can you say, "Better than nothing"?

“Freedom Demands Responsibility”

Since: Aug 09

21st Century

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

Woof, Greedy Teacher's Union and Mediocre Teachers WIN - Students LOSE!!!

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF HOPE AND CHANGE AT WORK!!!
Higgans

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

sad wrote:
All those kids left behind, passed to the next grade year after year when they couldn't pass the current grade. YAY BUSH!
I think they are hiring them back because no one is standing in line to apply for their worthless jobs so if they don't hire them back that means no teachers and the school is shut down and that means no subsidies rolling in.
locally our sch sys is going thru the same dilemma with two Title 1 elem schs. the plan calls for 1) staff removal 2) hiring and re-hiring with a) performance bonuses & b) termination if perf goals not met in two years, 3) forced transfers from other schs in system to fill positions not filled by 'career suicide-minded' teachers withOUT bonuses/termination threat and, in my opinion, 4) NOT addressing the core problem directly (see my prev post) which will result in 5) little to NO volunteers (teachers know the problem is crappy par/students but are seriously hamstringed in being able to do anything about it), resulting in 6) forced employment by sch corp and leading to 7) more of the same bad situation. in other words, a real gov't mandated 'Lose/Lose' non-solution...the only result being MORE gov't control of a gov't induced crisis...sorta like what is being done on a national level today.
less IS better

“I'm Bob. Go get a job you slob”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

What? that pinko state wants to re-hire pedofiles, serial killers, rapists and sadists? No wonder...

Vote Republican. Jesus was GOP.
Robert

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

Another matter that has not received much media attention;

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

May God bless and have mercy on us.

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

Judged:

sad wrote:
That's it, blame Bush for parents who could care less whether their kids eat, much less pass or fail. Very good thinking, pal. NOT.
Cranky Old Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

Generations of children have been dumbed down by the educational system. It is no surprise that we now have dumbed down teachers as a result.
g moser

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

Judged:

Bill wrote:
For at least 30 years, we have been cow towing and paying the teachers as top shelf. It is never enough. It never will be enough. It can not. For there is no one at home to teach. For there is no one at home to be a cop. For there is no one at home to be a lawyer. For there is no one at home to be a medic. For there is no one at home to be a peacemaker. For there is no one at home to be a parent away from home. There may be more. But the feminists will flame me. Ha Ha.We love our kids. We really do. Now we pay bookoo dollars for someone to watch a child so mom can be "equal" while we need to spend several times more and change work rules to do it. A week ago I read that 41% of the children in America are in a single parent situation. Multiple marriages and divorce is the norm. Many other traditional marriages are of convenience. Women have been sold a can of worms and now are infected with the sin of pride and the love of government as their husband. The government is about to be turned into a wife beater. So teachers, blame the movements that helped to destroyed us and enable you. But here is no results. You are gone. Miss Crabtree from "our gang comedies" and the cheaper education ways are coming back. Just another change coming when there is no more money. Please do not flame me. I am only giving you the message that you deny. Say goodbye to all of those great payment packages.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Central Falls Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Central Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••