Charter school roulette

Charter school roulette

There are 1 comment on the Providence Journal story from Mar 30, 2008, titled Charter school roulette. In it, Providence Journal reports that:

“And we have friends and neighbors who are very happy at Peace Dale. We know it's not the end of the world if we don't get in.”

This spring marks the fourth in a row that Sara and Christopher Nerone will cross their fingers and apply to the Compass School, hoping that their daughter Sophie, 9, will finally be accepted to the free, ... via Providence Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Providence Journal.

mabel

Providence, RI

#1 Mar 31, 2008
After reading the article in the Prov. Journal, I was amazed at seeing the overall reading and math scores on the state tests from these charter schools. I found it amazing that they seem to be much lower than their town/city counterparts in the public schools. It sure makes me wonder why we are taking public funds to support these schools. Perhaps it would be beneficial to keep the funds in the schools, and work on various ways to help the most students there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kugel Mesh Settlements (Jul '11) Jun 22 South County 791
Furniture Depot RI Owner Mukesh Tandon Sells R... Jun 17 furniture depot 1
News Denied licenses, immigrants plan march across R... Jun 2 Cordwainer Trout 6
I Love Kickboxing North Providence May '16 Lissy 1
News West Warwick (May '14) May '16 Veronica Duarte 2
Toby Ashe Any thoughts? May '16 Fatbootywhitegurl 1
Mindy Picard nasty and hard up. May '16 Ell 2

Central Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Central Falls Mortgages