Receiver voids Central Falls Police C...

Receiver voids Central Falls Police Chief Moran's contract

There are 1 comment on the The Providence Journal story from Sep 8, 2011, titled Receiver voids Central Falls Police Chief Moran's contract. In it, The Providence Journal reports that:

The state-appointed receiver has voided the five-year contract of Col. Joseph P. Moran III, chief of Central Falls police, the latest in a series of moves to shave spending and reduce a projected deficit of $25 million over the next five years in this insolvent city of 19,000 residents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Providence Journal.

silvana

Barrington, RI

#1 Sep 9, 2011
AS a resident of CF for many years at least 70 its a shame to what has happened. To much politics and hand holding by our city officials of each other. We should eliminate the fire chief/police chief positions using a court appointed safety director. Also for a city this size we don't need a mayor and council. A city manager/administrator would work. The city should also get bids for servicing the trucks/cars that are used daily. Preference given to city businesses first and going outside for comparison bids. This should hold true in any expenditures and should be reviewed yearly. Thank You

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nicholas Gianquitti Murder Trial l 12 Year Old ... (Mar '09) Sun Jim-Mcbob 19
News Lars Kenyon. May 13 Penn State Parent 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - North Providence (Nov '13) May 2 Rebecca C 54
News A Municipal Vote in Providence for Police Refor... Apr '17 Saul 1
News Report: anti-Semitism on the rise; Local Rabbi ... Apr '17 Saul 1
Cory Freeman physical therapist AIDS and deals ... Apr '17 Wondering 1
New PVD skateboard video Mar '17 401kay 1

Central Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Central Falls Mortgages