Parking ban in Central Falls called 'idiotic'

Dec 31, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WLNE-TV Providence

The Central Falls City Council president is calling a new ban on overnight parking "idiotic" and says there aren't enough spaces for residents to keep their vehicles in municipal lots.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Oct 9, 2012
mr tune

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

so then if there aint enough spots maybe they should show us where we can park with out f=getting towed no one has money to pay for that!!!!!!!
me true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

Judged:

Central Falls is desperate & obviously very very money hungry, this type of action is to be expected, we all know that Rhode Island is said to be a Police State. Central Falls blew through it's resources giving our hard earned tax money etc. to the overwhelming hispanic community & all us Americans get in return is billboards in spanish & we lost our KFC & McD's on Broad st. A few years ago due to they were pushed out of the area, never heard an area ever losing so much American Culture before ever, is there any left at all in Central Falls, definitely not much at all, Central Falls is an excellent example of an experiment that went wrong, it went out of control, so this parking ban is their creative way to legally empty your wallet if you end up with nowhere to park but on the street after 1am, Oh...Joy, well Happy New Year :)
DwG

East Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

I am a senior citizen, live on the third floor and have bad knees. I now have to walk 2 blocks to a lot to park every day and night. Which one of the stooges thought of this one?
McSpanglish

Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

me true wrote:
Central Falls is desperate & obviously very very money hungry, this type of action is to be expected, we all know that Rhode Island is said to be a Police State. Central Falls blew through it's resources giving our hard earned tax money etc. to the overwhelming hispanic community & all us Americans get in return is billboards in spanish & we lost our KFC & McD's on Broad st. A few years ago due to they were pushed out of the area, never heard an area ever losing so much American Culture before...
I don't know what's worse - your hamfisted scapegoating of culture that's been a presence in this community for at least forty years (to say nothing of the 200 some odd years they were on this continent before we Anglos got up the guts to try our luck) or the fact that your examples of "American culture" are McDonald's and KFC.
Me True

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

McSpanglish wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what's worse - your hamfisted scapegoating of culture that's been a presence in this community for at least forty years (to say nothing of the 200 some odd years they were on this continent before we Anglos got up the guts to try our luck) or the fact that your examples of "American culture" are McDonald's and KFC.
Just trying to say it in a nice understandable way, oh I should be shaking in my American shoes due to your one way thinking, Oh sorry I almost forgot the only way to make you all happy is to knock up all under age children to spread your demon seeds also all bow to you "The Race" & yes it is old news, all Americans knew Central Falls would end up bankrupt supportting your hidden terrorisim of "the race", the Experiment of support to understand if it did happen to this country period, resulted in bankrupting the City of Central Falls period & was a failure, so face it & stop trying to change this country from a melting pot to all to your own, as for me...being hated just because you are aware of your surroundings as an American is alway's expected to be ignored, God forbid anyone from seeing the light,.as an American I suppose we are all so envious of you that we all overlooked it all believing that change is good, just to see it all go to hell, Central Falls is slowly just starting to recover & I hope it evolves into a fair evenly giving helping community again as I have been told by others that it used to be fair to it's races as a melting pot, years ago.
Amend

Riverside, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

“Non smoking freedom loving vet”

Since: Apr 08

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Now the police chief wants a smoking ban. If police work is that slow, why not do like private industry does and lay off some workers. Creating "busy work" won't make taxpayers happy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Central Falls Discussions

Search the Central Falls Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Down the Drain Part Two l Algot Abrahamson l Ta... (Jan '09) Wed ASSOCIATEOFMR ABRAHAMSON 13
Senator: Carry-on rule for musical instruments ... Mon Le Jimbo 1
Daniel Lastarza is charged in connection with t... Jul 28 the aunt 4
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Jul 27 Dina Watson 14
Two loud bangs this morning? Jul 27 bEstbUy 2
Troopers arrested Susan Ahlborg, age 40, of 50 ... (Nov '10) Jul 25 mswilson 74
Debate: Gay Marriage - Cumberland, RI (Jan '12) Jul 17 Tugg 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Central Falls Jobs

•••