Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the Editor | Edward L. Hale

Full story: Carrollton Free Press Standard

11 edition. As you sit and read the editorial you find yourself thinking about what was written and was not.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
One comment at a time

New London, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

It is ashame the church and God has been removed from schools. This is a part of the problems with schools and children in this society. Thank you Mr Hale for your letter.
joe

Hudson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

I think the FPS messed up the type of the letter here."It was a lengthy time and the children who were in the stages of being born or had just been born are not 12 years of age or in their early teens." I suspect he was saying:
"the children who were in the stages of being born or had just been born are NOW 12 years of age or in their early teens."

Since: Feb 13

Norwalk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

One comment at a time wrote:
It is ashame the church and God has been removed from schools. This is a part of the problems with schools and children in this society. Thank you Mr Hale for your letter.
Just wondering what schools you went to. There was never the mention of church or god in the public schools I attended through 1964. There was no school led prayers. The only mention of "god" was in the Pledge of Allegiance after it was inserted in 1954. I remember that day. It was just one more thing for me to memorize, nothing more. And you know what, I turned out just fine, along with all my other classmates. The only reason you want god in public schools is for your religion to be able to brainwash the kids that weren't forced into attending church by their parents. I'm sure you'd love a captive audience.

“"You're Ok to me"”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Trulyfairandbalanced wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering what schools you went to. There was never the mention of church or god in the public schools I attended through 1964. There was no school led prayers. The only mention of "god" was in the Pledge of Allegiance after it was inserted in 1954. I remember that day. It was just one more thing for me to memorize, nothing more. And you know what, I turned out just fine, along with all my other classmates. The only reason you want god in public schools is for your religion to be able to brainwash the kids that weren't forced into attending church by their parents. I'm sure you'd love a captive audience.
I also attended public school in 1964. We did mention God, because we read from the Holy Bible everyday. One child read a verse each day. We didn't really mention church but when we prayed the Lords Prayer, when it came to certain parts, some the Catholics would be silent. They were never angered when the protestants recited the part they believed in. We all simply accepted differences...and school went on. You may have turned out fine [by the grace of God], but I'm seeing fewer 'fine' young adults than I used to. I don't think its a coincidence. It's good to remind children there is something bigger than they are, that being moral matters. Kids don't seem to hear good stuff anymore.:(

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Central City Discussions

Search the Central City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr Americans Love Obamacare 51,293
State police crack 2003 East Brady robbery (May '07) Mar 20 This is too funny 20
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mar '14 MaZzie 3,507
Encounter at sea Oct '13 hank 1
Unbelievable: 9/11 Flight 93 Memorial Closed Du... Oct '13 911 flight 93 Shanksville 1
Public is Invited to Flight 93 Advisory Commiss... Oct '13 911 flight 93 Shanksville 1
Fairway To Donate Proceeds To Greenwich 9/11 Me... Oct '13 911 flight 93 Shanksville 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Central City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Central City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance