First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jan 09

Greenville, KY

#1 Jul 28, 2009
When is the Wellness Center supposed to open?? I heard in Aug., but does anyone know the official date?
who cares

Monroe, LA

#2 Jul 28, 2009
Screw that damn wellness center,it is going to be a complete failure just like everything else! Thhe only one's that will be there are city officials and the upper class,which is very few people.It won't last a year,or even shorter if david rhoades has anything to do with it,that asshole would screw up a wet dream,so would this current administration,total dumbasses till the end,everyone of them!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jan 09

Greenville, KY

#3 Jul 29, 2009
If you can't answer the questions then just fuck off. No one wants to hear this rambling bull shit. If you are that concerned about it, go to city and county meetings, like it is said in every other freakin post on Topixs. It's retards like you that want everything in this county to fail. People that sit at home, not doing a damn thing but going to the post office once a month to earn their living. Then they get mad when someone works their ass off, every day of the week to have something. Well go ahead and spend all of your "hard earned" money on lotto tickets, beer, and cigs. Thanks for having such good insight you optimistic bastard.
d-sanchez

Frankfort, KY

#4 Jul 29, 2009
this is why central city has nothing. nobody backs anything. at least give it a chance. it will be nice to have a nice facility to workout. i hear everyone bitchin' about the price of monthly fees...but from what i have heard, they are going to be reasonable for what the center will offer. i think some of the population needs to get off their fat asses and try to get in better shape. knock the fast food outta your mouth a save a couple of bucks to pay for a membership. you might just be a little healthier by doing it.
no wonder the city is in the shape it is...everyone finds something to bitch about.
robert

United States

#5 Jul 29, 2009
People drive all the way to Greenville and Island to work out, so they should save enough on gas to pay their membership.
MSP

Central City, KY

#7 Jul 29, 2009
I don't know when it will open but it is a really nice facility. A friend and I went up to look around the center last week. The pool was not yet complete and they were still painting in the gym/walking track but everything else looked like it was basically finished -- the racquet ball court, the aerobic room, and the weight/exercise room.

I understand that there will be an open house before it is officially opened.
The Wizard

Bossier City, LA

#8 Aug 5, 2009
MSP wrote:
I don't know when it will open but it is a really nice facility. A friend and I went up to look around the center last week. The pool was not yet complete and they were still painting in the gym/walking track but everything else looked like it was basically finished -- the racquet ball court, the aerobic room, and the weight/exercise room.
I understand that there will be an open house before it is officially opened.
The open house will be by invitation only from the Mayor.
The Joker

Monroe, LA

#9 Aug 5, 2009
I would not be there if they paid for my membership,what a big waste of money to benefit so few people!!! The economy here can not support this now and it will be closed down in less than a year!
concerned cc resident

United States

#10 Aug 9, 2009
well then the mayor better be sending me an invitation
Ed Renfrow

United States

#11 Aug 10, 2009
What's the membership cost? Where I live, the local recreation center has one price for the city residents and one price for county residents.
The Wizard

Centertown, KY

#12 Aug 25, 2009
Ed Renfrow wrote:
What's the membership cost? Where I live, the local recreation center has one price for the city residents and one price for county residents.
That's the way it should be here.Should be a ten dollar per month discount for all Central City residents.
Jacob

White House, TN

#13 Aug 25, 2009
Who runs the Wellness Center?
Cats Paw

Owensboro, KY

#14 Aug 26, 2009
The Wizard wrote:
<quoted text>That's the way it should be here.Should be a ten dollar per month discount for all Central City residents.
I agree with the discount.I think those outside the city limits should pay more.
tim

Dunmor, KY

#15 Aug 26, 2009
Jacob wrote:
Who runs the Wellness Center?
the same ones that run the city.
TheTrustyCop

Owensboro, KY

#16 Aug 26, 2009
Robin Banks wrote:
If you can't answer the questions then just fuck off. No one wants to hear this rambling bull shit. If you are that concerned about it, go to city and county meetings, like it is said in every other freakin post on Topixs. It's retards like you that want everything in this county to fail. People that sit at home, not doing a damn thing but going to the post office once a month to earn their living. Then they get mad when someone works their ass off, every day of the week to have something. Well go ahead and spend all of your "hard earned" money on lotto tickets, beer, and cigs. Thanks for having such good insight you optimistic bastard.
You go Robin. I think all of that needs to be said on every topic! LOL
TheTrustyCop

Owensboro, KY

#17 Aug 26, 2009
The Joker wrote:
I would not be there if they paid for my membership,what a big waste of money to benefit so few people!!! The economy here can not support this now and it will be closed down in less than a year!
Pessimist. Give it a chance.
MSP

Central City, KY

#18 Aug 28, 2009
In this week's Greenville paper, there's a photo of the painted mural in the old gym/walking track. It looks incredible! I haven't seen it in real life but I heard it is an amazing piece of art.

And TrustyCop is right in saying give it a chance.
reality check

White Plains, KY

#19 Aug 28, 2009
I'm not hoping the center fail's,but i do agree that is a hell of a lot of money spent on a place for such an elite group that will use it. It is true a lot of people won't be able to afford it. And with Rhoades and his bunch being in charge of it then i'm sure a lot of the regular people will have trouble getting membership's. If you know rhoades at all,then you know how he only want's to be around the upper class people,as do most of the people involved with this project. But if this doesn't become a big issue then it might have a chance,we'll see.
Muhlenberg Resident

Paducah, KY

#20 Aug 29, 2009
I too hope for its success, but I agree it will be like the country clubs- mainly for the elitists. Also, it will be interesting to see how many members of "color" will be involved. It is located off the beaten track and will be cost-prohibitive for the average citizen. In the beginning stages, to help garner support, it was stated that "free admission" hours would be provided for the public/children. That was just a ruse to make it sound good. Don't you hate being emotionally manipulated like that? Not good to start off with that kind of dishonesty.
The Wizard

Benton, KY

#21 Aug 29, 2009
Muhlenberg Resident wrote:
I too hope for its success, but I agree it will be like the country clubs- mainly for the elitists. Also, it will be interesting to see how many members of "color" will be involved. It is located off the beaten track and will be cost-prohibitive for the average citizen. In the beginning stages, to help garner support, it was stated that "free admission" hours would be provided for the public/children. That was just a ruse to make it sound good. Don't you hate being emotionally manipulated like that? Not good to start off with that kind of dishonesty.
I think all these things can be worked out and you need to talk to your city leaders.The city should work at trying to make the facility available to all City residents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pierced Down Below (Jul '16) 3 hr Bradley 14
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr CriminalForever 158,056
The End of an ERROR 4 hr Aaron 28
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 hr lides 23,998
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Jan 17 Bolshevik USA 639
Kara Peveler Jan 17 Next 1
Where is Scotty Bryant.Does anyone know any inf... (Jan '11) Jan 16 user 160

Central City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Central City Mortgages