First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BIG RED

Greenville, KY

#1 Jan 28, 2010
I just bought a new ATV and was wondering if there are any places where people still ride. Ther aren't many places left that people allow you to ride and the ice stotm has made everything hard to get through. I still like to go on big rides. I would appreciate any info out there.
ATVer

Madisonville, KY

#2 Jan 29, 2010
BIG RED wrote:
I just bought a new ATV and was wondering if there are any places where people still ride. Ther aren't many places left that people allow you to ride and the ice stotm has made everything hard to get through. I still like to go on big rides. I would appreciate any info out there.
Ther used to be a place down nortonville that everybody rode. I haven't been there in over a year. I'll see what I can find out and re-post.
Want2ride2

Philadelphia, PA

#3 May 24, 2010
I would like to know too. I don't understand y no one has opened any land for riding around here. I know we got Gregory lake but I've heard too much bad about that place.
BeArrested

Central City, KY

#4 May 25, 2010
I attended a benefit 4 wheeler ride last Saturday. Before we got to take off, we were told by a stripmine land owner, that if any one of us rode on his land they would be arrested. When asked why, the land owner said he had been told by a Magistrate to stop us from riding. Why would anyone do something like this! This was a fund raiser ride, not just a bunch running wild. Let's hear your input on this. Maybe we can find out why this happened.
missanon

United States

#5 May 25, 2010
uve got a few that has probably tore other peoples property up n left trash n god knows what else. thats probably why no one would want u to ride. im not sure why the magistrate would be involved...
atv rider

Princeton, KY

#6 May 25, 2010
You can still ride in powderly some...the places that national guard doesnt own. It aint much compared to what it used to be thats for sure. But the old powderly crew still rides every sunday. We had 27 fourwheelers last sunday. It was the biggest ride i been on in a while that wasnt a charity ride. Other than that you can still ride a few spots here and there in nebo and graham but i suggest riding them while hunting season isn't in.
Stud Muffin

Elkton, KY

#7 May 26, 2010
atv rider wrote:
You can still ride in powderly some...the places that national guard doesnt own. It aint much compared to what it used to be thats for sure. But the old powderly crew still rides every sunday. We had 27 fourwheelers last sunday. It was the biggest ride i been on in a while that wasnt a charity ride. Other than that you can still ride a few spots here and there in nebo and graham but i suggest riding them while hunting season isn't in.
Where do you ride??
Stud Muffin

Elkton, KY

#8 May 26, 2010
Want2ride2 wrote:
I would like to know too. I don't understand y no one has opened any land for riding around here. I know we got Gregory lake but I've heard too much bad about that place.
I dont know why Kentucky Wildlife Management doesnt open parts of the old Peabody mines to ATV's. They could charge for a permit like they do for hunting and fishing
Eddy Korshack

Greenville, KY

#9 May 26, 2010
(1) the mines still own the land and are subject to lawsuits so they told Fish & Wildlife not to allow riding on their property,(2) too many lawyers,(3)If I owned a lot of acreage, I wouldn't want someone riding on my property where they could sue me for their stupidity. Why would anyone buy one of those damned things anyway when they don't have property to ride on?
Popi

Elkton, KY

#10 May 26, 2010
They could get sued if someone got hurt fishing in a boat too. And its used up coal land. Its not likes its good for anything
Honda Man

Bowling Green, KY

#11 May 27, 2010
Atv rider, where do u guys ride at and how can I get in touch with u? I've got a couple of guys that would love to come out with you guys if u don't mind newcomers
atv rider

Princeton, KY

#12 May 28, 2010
I dont personally ride every weekend. I make it about two weekends a month if im lucky. But we ride around the blue hole and by belwitch graveyard in powderly, most meet at ricky welborns house in powderly....others like me just ride from home on a couple trails and make it there. Its probably a good half days worth of riding there...used to be alot more. If you're comin down dean road, back towards duvalls chapel, it is out in behind larrys heating and cooling where we ride mostly. There and belwitch graveyard.
4wheelin

Brownsville, TN

#13 May 31, 2010
Theres a nortonville charity ride saturday. 5 dollars a piece
Hondaman

Greenville, KY

#14 Jun 1, 2010
Crap. There would be a ride the first weekend I gotta work in forever. Anymore coming up?
4wheelin

Princeton, KY

#15 Jun 1, 2010
i wont know until i get there saturday...they usually have a flyer or advertisement there promoting the next ride
Stud Muffin

Madisonville, KY

#16 Jun 2, 2010
Can you ride at the place in Nortonville anytime??
4 wheelin

White Plains, KY

#17 Jun 3, 2010
im not for sure i cant remember if its gated or not..some of the rides on some old mine property and the way it looks people ride there all the time
Your a dumbass

United States

#18 Apr 22, 2011
Eddy Korshack wrote:
(1) the mines still own the land and are subject to lawsuits so they told Fish & Wildlife not to allow riding on their property,(2) too many lawyers,(3)If I owned a lot of acreage, I wouldn't want someone riding on my property where they could sue me for their stupidity. Why would anyone buy one of those damned things anyway when they don't have property to ride on?
your a dumbass
06 sportsman

United States

#19 Sep 15, 2011
I ride at Gregory's every weekend it's got good clean trails but not much of them and everyone is friendly and docent care if you just want to ride it's well worth the $10 to ride for the day I think it's $15 for the whole weekend but it's not worth riding 2 days
Simple girl

United States

#20 Sep 15, 2011
U can ride at Gregory pay lake.. There's All kinds of riding places n last time I was there alot of ppl also!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tommy bruce krock n con? 6 hr facts 6
Magnum Webster 21 hr Just wondering 1
Jeff ward Fri Yep 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Fri hmmm 501
Muhlenberg Co. home invasion suspect shot by de... Thu lucifer 44
Bi/gay guys want to hook up?? (Aug '11) Wed ouylaw 76
rural king Oct 22 yeah 14
Central City Dating
Find my Match

Central City Jobs

Central City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Central City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Central City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]