First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ashley Kane

Madisonville, KY

#1 Nov 15, 2009
What all kinds of exercise stuff does the Central City Wellness Center have? I need to know classes and equipment!! Does anyone know??
Mr Buff

Greenville, KY

#2 Nov 20, 2009
They have several weight lifting machines and a few treadmills and bikes. If you go down there they will give you a free tour and tell you what all classes they have and when they are offered.
Loves It

Madisonville, KY

#3 Nov 20, 2009
Mr Buff wrote:
They have several weight lifting machines and a few treadmills and bikes. If you go down there they will give you a free tour and tell you what all classes they have and when they are offered.
They have cardio machines, weight lifting machines, free weights, an olympic sized pool, racket ball, a basketball gym with a track around it, and they offer several classes (i.e. CardioKick, Zumba, Yoga, Water Aerobics, Jiu Jitsu, and others). They have a concession area that offers smoothies and refreshments. Its a very nice facility and at a respectable price! Try it out.
Workout

Owensboro, KY

#5 Dec 22, 2009
Do they have a website with their schedule?
gym freak

Frankfort, KY

#6 Jan 25, 2011
How much longer do we pay the 3 percent food tax to fund the center? Don't they have enough people paying a monthly fee to pay for itself??? If not, maybe the library could shoot them some money from their tax.
Marion

Dunmor, KY

#7 Jan 25, 2011
I saw in the paper just lately that they had 1400 members, looks like to me the taxes should be dropped.
Macho Macho Man

Somerset, KY

#8 Jan 25, 2011
Sounds to me they don't need the tax anymore.
cc forever

White Plains, KY

#9 Jan 25, 2011
gym freak wrote:
How much longer do we pay the 3 percent food tax to fund the center? Don't they have enough people paying a monthly fee to pay for itself??? If not, maybe the library could shoot them some money from their tax.
That is a steady flow of money for improvements and new construction.I hope they build a new city park at the Welless Center after the new pool is finished.I think they're doing agreat job with the Wellness Center.
Im a soul man

Frankfort, KY

#10 Jan 26, 2011
By the looks of the population in Muhlenberg County, the city should be able to afford MANY "large" and expensive improvemnents and projects.
Justsouno

United States

#11 Jan 26, 2011
It's not the Wellness or Welless Center.
It is the Central City Convention Center.
Named that due to a tax break. Get the name right.
The membership is over 2900 now. But that includes families that pay much less than they would as individuals and includes the ones that owe back dues.
Macho Macho Man

Somerset, KY

#13 Jan 26, 2011
Im a soul man wrote:
<quoted text>
Convention Center, Wellness Center, whatever. Get a life. And keep eating them Big Macs and chicken strips. The city needs your tax money for the WELLNESS CENTER. Let's call it for what it is, not for what is really isn't. You got that? Good!
I agree. It "is" a Wellness Center. How many "conventions" have they held there? Nicely written Soul Man!!!!!
dealmaker

United States

#14 Jan 26, 2011
Macho Macho Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. It "is" a Wellness Center. How many "conventions" have they held there? Nicely written Soul Man!!!!!
They named it the convention center so they can use the tourism tax dollars taken in by the resturant tax. Its broderline on breaking the law. By law they are allowed to use 10% of the tax dollars for administration cost and 90% for tourism. The city just uses it all to pay for the wellness center that is named convention center.
Convention center must equal tourism, at least in the city administrations eyes.
Uneducated

Florence, AL

#15 Jan 26, 2011
Macho Macho Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that makes you as dumbass as him not to understand why it is the CCCC.
Macho Macho Man

Somerset, KY

#16 Jan 26, 2011
Uneducated wrote:
<quoted text>
I do understand you "DUMBASS" piece of garbage. Call it what you want queerbait. It is a Wellness Center.
Macho Macho Man

Somerset, KY

#17 Jan 26, 2011
Suck it you "uneducated" piece of human stupidity.

1B) Discussion Of The Swimming Pool
The City of Central City swimming pool is in dire need of repairs. After this summer, the city may have to close it down.
The council touch base on the proposed Wellness Center as a possible alternative replacement for the city pool. David Richey
and Freddie Mayes are planning a meeting to discuss further plans on this matter.
Macho Macho Man

Somerset, KY

#18 Jan 26, 2011
Uneducated wrote:
<quoted text>
No response, huh? You're a coward.'Nuff said. LOL!
Forest Gump

Frankfort, KY

#19 Jan 27, 2011
LOL! Macho Man rocks!
hate the p-lace

White Plains, KY

#21 Jan 29, 2011
all the money that is going up there is being wasted by the good for nothing tammy piper oldham mudd how many other last names she has...
she has wasted so much money since she has been up there it isnt funny they dont understand how to turn a profit and she is not capable of we will pay for the rest of our lives
down hill

White Plains, KY

#22 Jan 30, 2011
Hate the place you are correct!Heard you can't work for her unless your kin to her or you happen to be the relative of one of her friends!!Wonder how many employees they have went through since she took the place over.Its a shame that the people who run our city would put someone in charge of a place that has never ran a place before.I don't think cage fighting would give you the brains to be able to run and maintain a place like that.
REhab

Florence, AL

#23 Jan 30, 2011
Just too crowded everytime I go. I sure hope she does run some people off at the Central City Convention Center.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phillip Henderson Shi++y Shorts 4 min Friend of his wife 19
The most useless President 5 min Wisdom 671
Our school systems have truly become dumb 6 min Wisdom 32
Searching 10 min James case 2
BIg Bill Taylor 4 hr redneckgirl 2
Monk Sorrells Mon Satan 3
New pool room to open in central city. Aug 20 question 2

Central City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance