Central City mayor arrested on drug c...

Central City mayor arrested on drug charges

There are 81 comments on the WFIE-TV Evansville story from May 11, 2010, titled Central City mayor arrested on drug charges. In it, WFIE-TV Evansville reports that:

A Tri-State mayor is arrested on drug charges. According to a release, Central City, KY mayor Jerry Mitchell was arrested Tuesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFIE-TV Evansville.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
In the Know

Owensboro, KY

#1 May 11, 2010
I am shocked!!!!!!
Oops

Centertown, KY

#2 May 11, 2010
I am.........NOT!
Oops

Centertown, KY

#3 May 11, 2010
I am..........NOT!
Thats Muhlenberg

Greenville, KY

#4 May 11, 2010
Well now lets see, we all ready have a X police Chief behind bars for murder, that was commented when he was the Chief, now we have an active mayor, while in office busted for drugs. This town has to be renamed Little Chicago for sure.Lets face it meth N Burg sure has its share of problems no doubt.
Sally Sue

Dunmor, KY

#5 May 11, 2010
This is so awful, what in the crap is going on here in M.C. I am sure he is not the only dirty one!!!!
FMN

United States

#6 May 11, 2010
Central City is heading straight done the gutter. The town looks terrible and odviously the city officals aren't doing a good job. Greenville looks great though, very proud of what they are doing.
just wondering

Greenville, KY

#7 May 11, 2010
Greenville just hasn't got caught yet. As far as this county or the cities n it it is all who u know. I am ashamed to be from here.
The Law

Madisonville, KY

#8 May 11, 2010
The police officer that was arrested for murder was not the chief.
The Law

Madisonville, KY

#9 May 11, 2010
The officers name is Billy Fields and he was never chief.

“"Merc with a Mouth." ”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#10 May 11, 2010
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!(oh I think I just peed a little.)
just wondering

Greenville, KY

#11 May 11, 2010
the city officals look down on people in the city that may get into trouble. Well looks like the tables have turned. heheheheahhahahahahahheheheheh lmfao, i can't wait to see how much trouble he get out of.
Just Makes Sense

United States

#12 May 11, 2010
They need to build a drug rehab center in the county with the coal severance money.
yeah

Greenville, KY

#13 May 11, 2010
So---Jerry Mitchell has a drug problem? Addicted to pain pills? What else is new? There have been many like him in the past and there will be many more in the future. We have had doctors, attorneys, nurses, schoolteachers, in the same situation----only difference here is----he got caught before he could get help. I just wonder what "excuse" he is going to use when he goes to court------IF it even makes it that far?
Kim Mitchell

Madisonville, KY

#14 May 11, 2010
Yall only know half the story. He didnt just go and do some drugs or buy drugs on the street and get busted. He had knee surgery on both knees before he went into office. Dr had him on Pain pills. Another Dr. Prescribed more and there ya go. Dont act so shocked. It happens to people everyday and he is no more or less human than anyone else. And believe me when I say that he is not someone that looks down on anyone. Your getting him confused with David Rhoades.
Kim Mitchell

Madisonville, KY

#15 May 11, 2010
And this is strictly from me and no one else while im thinkin of it.
drug of choice

Greenville, KY

#16 May 11, 2010
yeah wrote:
So---Jerry Mitchell has a drug problem? Addicted to pain pills? What else is new? There have been many like him in the past and there will be many more in the future. We have had doctors, attorneys, nurses, schoolteachers, in the same situation----only difference here is----he got caught before he could get help. I just wonder what "excuse" he is going to use when he goes to court------IF it even makes it that far?
Hey drugs are drugs no matter where you get them : pain pills bought from a drug store is no different than the ones you buy off the streets Drs and lawyers are no different than any other person who is hooked, just because you have social status dont make it no different than a reguarly old person; come on he just got caught up in the old perscription drug addiciation that a lot of people have done also.
Mayor or Drug User

Greenville, KY

#17 May 11, 2010
Kim Mitchell wrote:
Yall only know half the story. He didnt just go and do some drugs or buy drugs on the street and get busted. He had knee surgery on both knees before he went into office. Dr had him on Pain pills. Another Dr. Prescribed more and there ya go. Dont act so shocked. It happens to people everyday and he is no more or less human than anyone else. And believe me when I say that he is not someone that looks down on anyone. Your getting him confused with David Rhoades.
drug addiciation is just as it is get hooked and you are and addict. Dr shop and you will get caught.
My bad

Greenville, KY

#18 May 11, 2010
The Law wrote:
The police officer that was arrested for murder was not the chief.
I though he was at the time but just the same he too was in a place of power.
Come On Now

Greenville, KY

#19 May 11, 2010
Kim Mitchell wrote:
Kim face it ;he is hooked!! he is now know as the drug user he is. The only difference between the street junkie and the office junkie is one buys their drugs off the street and the other gets theirs from their Dr friends.A horse of a different color. David Rhoades has nothing to do with this try and shuffle the blame away from Jerry and put the heat on David. I dont like the things David has done nor the things he gets by with but face it this topix is not about David buy the Mayor the Junkie who got hooked on pain meds.
GetReal

Dunmor, KY

#20 May 11, 2010
Just Makes Sense wrote:
They need to build a drug rehab center in the county with the coal severance money.
Why in the Hell would you use COAl Severance money for rehab? No need in wasting money on trash.
There are too many children and elderly in need of the basic's just to survive. The druggies have had their chance and they chose to throw their life away. It's about time we invest in out future!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is WWA for sale 2 hr MVW 1
Pool hustlers 2 hr Hussler4life 11
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 14 hr Calhoun for Congr... 951
Dennis laycock Sun info 3
James Manziel Sun Starla 2
Monk & Jamie sorrels Jul 22 Bob 5
Team MaryPat Jul 18 Steve 8

Central City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Central City Mortgages