First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Coal Wayne

Centertown, KY

#1 Mar 6, 2010
I stopped into a local restruant in Ohio County and overheard a gentleman say: " Armstrong Coal has purchased all of Patriot's stock & holdings in Western Kentucky"

According to this gentleman. Originally it was rumored for Patriot to assume control of Armstrong's operation but thats not the case.

echolsboy

United States

#3 Mar 22, 2010
i dont care who ownes the coal mines i just want a job ive been trying for 2 1/2 years.they only hire from methenberg county it seems. at least thats were most of the traffic goes to and from..
coal

Greenville, KY

#4 Mar 24, 2010
armstrong and patriot are both proucts of peabody
Michael

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Apr 3, 2010
coal wrote:
armstrong and patriot are both proucts of peabody
Armstrong isn't and I know that for a fact because the COO (Chief Operating Officer) of the company is from Muhlenberg County and was a River Queen employee alongside my dad for a long time. The folks at the Peabody Office in Evansville certainly do not think of him highly now that he is with Armstrong. The owner, Mr. Armstrong, was a highly successful pharmaceutical man when he got into coal mining with a couple of other investors not related with Peabody. Only thing Armstrong does is comes in and either buys, or leases, Peabody's old reserves and digs the coal Peabody is afraid to come back and get. I don't work for Armstrong, nor do I have family with them, as a matter of fact my family is a Peabody family from top to bottom! But you should be glad Armstrong is investing the money they are because Peabody sure wouldn't today.
Michael

Murfreesboro, TN

#6 Apr 3, 2010
echolsboy wrote:
i dont care who ownes the coal mines i just want a job ive been trying for 2 1/2 years.they only hire from methenberg county it seems. at least thats were most of the traffic goes to and from..
Part of that is because the county has the programs in place to train the workforce in mining, plus it still has a large base of unemployed coal miners. You've also got to think that most of the folks running Armstrong now are former Peabody Coal Company guys and Muhlenberg (not "Methenberg") County was Peabody's bread and butter during the booms.
echols boy

United States

#7 Apr 3, 2010
There may have been a lot of coal miners in methenberg county . they can work in methenberg county if they want . We need jobs here in ohio county just as much as the others. Im just as qualified as the next to work also. My family also worked for peabody . My dad worked 41 years at ken surface, my brotherinlaws both worked and one still works for peabody in union county. its just not fair for them to import miners from distant areas when there have plenty of able body's ready to work. They ran add's in the papers saying , were hiring . They hire a few from centertown ,which is good . Methenberg has mines over there for there county .
CCB

AOL

#8 Apr 4, 2010
I got hired on at the Prep plant and at the time I did not know anyone affiliated with Armstrong Coal. I turned in an app just like everyone else. I also think the hiring is one sided for Muhl. and Hopkins Co. areas mainly for the pit areas.
coal

Greenville, KY

#9 Apr 11, 2010
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Armstrong isn't and I know that for a fact because the COO (Chief Operating Officer) of the company is from Muhlenberg County and was a River Queen employee alongside my dad for a long time. The folks at the Peabody Office in Evansville certainly do not think of him highly now that he is with Armstrong. The owner, Mr. Armstrong, was a highly successful pharmaceutical man when he got into coal mining with a couple of other investors not related with Peabody. Only thing Armstrong does is comes in and either buys, or leases, Peabody's old reserves and digs the coal Peabody is afraid to come back and get. I don't work for Armstrong, nor do I have family with them, as a matter of fact my family is a Peabody family from top to bottom! But you should be glad Armstrong is investing the money they are because Peabody sure wouldn't today.
they might not on it but they got their hands in armstrongs buisness peabody has stood in the shadows of a lot of minesunder differnt names
boo

Owensboro, KY

#10 Apr 14, 2012
armstrong isnt peabody, but most of the land they buy and lease is owned by peabody and peabody is owned by bp
Local guy

Herndon, VA

#11 Apr 14, 2012
It's because us over here in muhlenberg county are evidentilly better coal miners or they wouldn't hire us.
Miner45

United States

#12 Apr 14, 2012
Bod Murray blow fat penguin nuts
and...

United States

#13 Apr 15, 2012
echols boy wrote:
There may have been a lot of coal miners in methenberg county . they can work in methenberg county if they want . We need jobs here in ohio county just as much as the others. Im just as qualified as the next to work also. My family also worked for peabody . My dad worked 41 years at ken surface, my brotherinlaws both worked and one still works for peabody in union county. its just not fair for them to import miners from distant areas when there have plenty of able body's ready to work. They ran add's in the papers saying , were hiring . They hire a few from centertown ,which is good . Methenberg has mines over there for there county .
Why would u want a job in "methenburg" county?
and...

United States

#14 Apr 15, 2012
echols boy wrote:
Why r u crying on a "methenburg" county thread about Ohio county not having jobs? Bitch go flip a burger
could be

Chattanooga, TN

#15 Apr 15, 2012
echols boy wrote:
If your writing and grammar skills on your resume, application, and interview are equal to what you display here, you may have found your answer...
o my

United States

#16 Apr 15, 2012
Snap
oh well

Madisonville, KY

#17 Apr 15, 2012
Peabody needs to stay out way the messed up the Lewis creek coal we got to the north end of pit and Armstrong had to throw away the coal when peabody originally shot it they shot the coal to freaking dummies and I am a contractor not Armstrong employee

“Shoot to protect!!!!”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#18 Apr 15, 2012
oh well wrote:
Peabody needs to stay out way the messed up the Lewis creek coal we got to the north end of pit and Armstrong had to throw away the coal when peabody originally shot it they shot the coal to freaking dummies and I am a contractor not Armstrong employee
I'm sure the area that was shot wasn't that big, and they didn't lose that much coal, I'm not sure I understand why Peabody would shoot then not strip it, I know some coal in that area has mud seams in it and they do shoot it, spoil it, and keep going. Probably depends on if they had a contract for raw coal or washed. That would be my guess.
oh well

United States

#19 Apr 16, 2012
Probably about 5k ton worth but yes ur right about mud seams but that wasn't one of the areas and even our trackhoe loader operator couldnt understand it
Reader

Rochester, KY

#20 Apr 16, 2012
In 2009 and 2010, Armstrong Energy borrowed an aggregate principal amount of $44.1 million from Armstrong Resource Partners, and the proceeds of those loans were used to satisfy various installment payments required by the promissory notes that were delivered in connection with the acquisition of our coal reserves. Under the terms of these borrowings, Armstrong Resource Partners had the option to acquire interests in coal reserves then held by Armstrong Energy in Muhlenberg and Ohio Counties in satisfaction of the loans it had made to Armstrong Energy. On February 9, 2011, Armstrong Resource Partners exercised this option. In connection with that exercise, Armstrong Resource Partners paid Armstrong Energy an additional $5.0 million in cash and agreed to offset $12.0 million in accrued advance royalty payments owed by Armstrong Energy to Armstrong Resource Partners, relating to the lease of the Elk Creek Reserves, to acquire an additional partial undivided interest in certain of the coal reserves held by Armstrong Energy in Muhlenberg and Ohio Counties at fair market value. Through these transactions, Armstrong Resource Partners acquired a 39.45% undivided interest as a joint tenant in common with Armstrong Energy in the majority of our coal reserves, excluding the Union/Webster Counties reserves. The aggregate amount paid by Armstrong Resource Partners to acquire its interest in these reserves was the equivalent of approximately $69.5 million.

Read more: http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/120210/Armstr...
Ky Girl

AOL

#21 Apr 20, 2012
Who buys the land for Armstrong Coal?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jailer 2 hr Yeap 7
Any bi-curious young guys out there Tue Satan 1
bobby tatum (May '11) Tue Satan 47
Colton Bowling Apr 22 Really 5
Jaclyn whitler and Dustin wilson Apr 22 Hmmm 1
b.o.e. Apr 21 hmm 8
Election Apr 21 True 38

Central City Jobs

Personal Finance

Central City Mortgages