Trooper Nathan Knight arrested

Posted in the Central City Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Muhlenberg

Owensboro, KY

#1 Oct 14, 2009
Just heard on 25 news that Nathan Knight was arrested oct. 6th and in under investigation did anyone else see this?
Farkle

Gracey, KY

#2 Oct 14, 2009
Didn't see it but heard about it three days ago. I was told it would be made public on Wednesday...I wonder why? Are the "brothers" taking care of a "brother?" Heard he was arrested for forging a prescription. Too bad.
yelp

Greenville, KY

#3 Oct 14, 2009
Farkle wrote:
Didn't see it but heard about it three days ago. I was told it would be made public on Wednesday...I wonder why? Are the "brothers" taking care of a "brother?" Heard he was arrested for forging a prescription. Too bad.
Kentucky State Police Investigating One of Their Own
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 5:24 PM CDT
Updated: Oct 14, 2009 7:04 PM CDT
Video Gallery

Kentucky State Police Investigating One of Their Own
2:14

story by Courtney Gousman

MUHLENBERG CO., KY - NEWS 25 is following an investigation involving a local trooper with Kentucky State Police.

Nathan Knight, a trooper with the Madisonville post, was arrested last week, and now state officials are investigating. Knight is facing felony drug charges.

State police would not tell NEWS 25 how many times Trooper Knight may have committed this crime, but we looked into his past and could not find any prior charges.

Trooper Nathan Knight has served seven years with Kentucky State Police's Madisonville Post. He's now under investigation by his peers, facing felony drug charges.

"Kentucky State Police issued an investigation against Trooper Knight which resulted in his arrest on October 6th, 2009 and he is charged with one count of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud,” says Major Joe Williams, with KSP’s Frankfort Headquarters.

Those handling the case couldn’t say much about this investigation-- except that a special unit in Bowling Green is investigating.

Last Tuesday, Trooper Knight was arrested and booked into the Muhlenberg County Detention Center.

NEWS 25 talked with jail staff and learned Knight was released that same day.

"Its my understanding the district court judge did release him on some recognizance," says Major Williams.

NEWS 25 also talked to the Muhlenberg County Attorney about this case.

Darris Russell says essentially Knight is accused of having too many refills of prescription drugs in a short amount of time.

NEWS 25 went by the Beechmont, Kentucky address listed with investigators for Knight, but got no answer.

Neighbors tell NEWS 25 they don't think Knight lives at this home.

Despite the investigation, we found Trooper Knight is still on the state police payroll.

"Trooper Knight remains employed with KSP, however he is suspended with pay at the moment, pending an administrative investigation,” says Williams.

The Muhlenberg County Attorney's tell NEWS 25, most likely this case will be turned over to the Commonwealth Attorney, and eventually go to grand jury as soon as next month.
wayne

Nashville, TN

#4 Oct 14, 2009
Yeah , guys just look at this. Same damn cops (state police) that put an 'organized crime' on my family member in the Mullen's case! They are dirty guys! Dirty! Now you have one pissing dirty.
Just because they are State Police, it doesn't mean you can trust them and that they are honest. I hope you all don't have to ever go to court against them. They win everytime because they are STATE POLICE! Wrongul sentence on anyone. Damon Fleming needs to go down too. They lie, cheat, sneek, All The Above. I won't ever roll my window down all the way if I get pulled over by any of them! They are scary.
citizen78

Paducah, KY

#5 Oct 15, 2009
wayne wrote:
Yeah , guys just look at this. Same damn cops (state police) that put an 'organized crime' on my family member in the Mullen's case! They are dirty guys! Dirty! Now you have one pissing dirty.
Just because they are State Police, it doesn't mean you can trust them and that they are honest. I hope you all don't have to ever go to court against them. They win everytime because they are STATE POLICE! Wrongul sentence on anyone. Damon Fleming needs to go down too. They lie, cheat, sneek, All The Above. I won't ever roll my window down all the way if I get pulled over by any of them! They are scary.
that's not fair of you to say that ALL state police are dirty. i'll agree there are some but i get tired of what few good ones we have left having to pay for the mistakes of the others. and i'll agree with you on fleming. wasn't it funny how he played the hero in that case and then all of a sudden decided to go be a teacher once it was over? makes ya wonder....
Wayne

Nashville, TN

#6 Oct 15, 2009
You are right there are some good ones. I'm sorry, but more bad than good. I do apologize for the comment on all of them, but you don't know which ones are good till you run into the bad. I did like nathan, I thought he was a good person, but it all turned out bad.
I can't believe Damon is a teacher. He would do nothing but teach to lie! I would refuse for him to teach my child.

What can we do about this?
nana

Greenville, KY

#7 Oct 15, 2009
IF anyone dosent know Nathan Knight is a good person. He had back surgery and its very easy to get hook on pain meds. I know this because i have many good friends that this has happen to. First we to start with the Drs. in this county somemany of them are hooked on drugs. They need to give better care but most of them are just about the money. They dont care anymore.
Nathan is getting help. Why dosent everyone pray for our State Trooper instead of being so mean. And pray for Muhlenberg Co. This co. Really needs it.
citizen78

Paducah, KY

#8 Oct 15, 2009
nana wrote:
IF anyone dosent know Nathan Knight is a good person. He had back surgery and its very easy to get hook on pain meds. I know this because i have many good friends that this has happen to. First we to start with the Drs. in this county somemany of them are hooked on drugs. They need to give better care but most of them are just about the money. They dont care anymore.
Nathan is getting help. Why dosent everyone pray for our State Trooper instead of being so mean. And pray for Muhlenberg Co. This co. Really needs it.
that's all well and good but this has been going on for a year. it hasn't just came about because of his surgery. and i agree the doctors need to step up and take more responsibility. seems like all they want to do is write a prescription and send you on your way.
citizen78

Paducah, KY

#9 Oct 15, 2009
Wayne wrote:
You are right there are some good ones. I'm sorry, but more bad than good. I do apologize for the comment on all of them, but you don't know which ones are good till you run into the bad. I did like nathan, I thought he was a good person, but it all turned out bad.
I can't believe Damon is a teacher. He would do nothing but teach to lie! I would refuse for him to teach my child.
What can we do about this?
yep, i heard damon is a math teacher now. big change huh? and it does suck that the few good cops we have left have to pay for all these morons out here giving the agency a bad name.
Oboe

Madisonville, KY

#10 Oct 15, 2009
citizen78 wrote:
<quoted text>
yep, i heard damon is a math teacher now. big change huh? and it does suck that the few good cops we have left have to pay for all these morons out here giving the agency a bad name.
I was just wondering...Why is a guy who managed to solve a twenty year old crime, get an indictment from an impartial grand jury and get a conviction from a jury in a "neutral" county who didn't know any of the players involved a bad person? There was collaborating evidence, not just the word of the witnesses. Two of the three people convicted of this heinous crime were lifetime thugs and criminals. The third probably was too but just didn't get caught.
In my opinion they ought to build a statue of Damon Fleming on the courthouse lawn. The guy's a hero!
What the Hell

Henderson, KY

#11 Oct 15, 2009
wayne wrote:
Yeah , guys just look at this. Same damn cops (state police) that put an 'organized crime' on my family member in the Mullen's case! They are dirty guys! Dirty! Now you have one pissing dirty.
Just because they are State Police, it doesn't mean you can trust them and that they are honest. I hope you all don't have to ever go to court against them. They win everytime because they are STATE POLICE! Wrongul sentence on anyone. Damon Fleming needs to go down too. They lie, cheat, sneek, All The Above. I won't ever roll my window down all the way if I get pulled over by any of them! They are scary.
HEy if their all dirty they wouldn't have arrested him,all the people found guilty in the mullins case are right where they need to be.
ridgerunner

United States

#12 Oct 15, 2009
they need to put some of the doctors,around her in jail.they hand out loritabs like m&ms.and you see the same ones at some doctors,every month to get ther scrip,the doctors got them hooked.and most have medical cards,nathan is a good person but he is also like anyone who can get hooked on painkillers.that don,t make him a bad cop or a crook.
You are sick

Owensboro, KY

#13 Oct 15, 2009
The Mullins girl was mutilated and you think that the people who did this should be left alone and the investigating officer is dirty. You are sick and need help.
The evidence was ROCK SOLID. If not there would have been no conviction.
The evidence was strong enough for the case to be reopened. The evidence was strong enough for a warrant for their arrest. The evidence was strong enough for the grand jury to indict them. The evidence was strong enough for the jury to found them guilty.

I applaud Fleming's courage.
bubbles

Greenville, KY

#14 Oct 15, 2009
Nathan has been on painkillers for several years.He has been hooked for several years.He is in rehab now.Somewhere in Tenn.Not for sure where at in Tenn.But at least now he is getting some help with it.It may be a little to late now.
harry

Nebo, KY

#15 Oct 15, 2009
nathan is a good guy- everyone has downfalls.
Bonzai

Princeton, KY

#16 Oct 16, 2009
If Trooper Knight is addicted to prescription pain killers, then hopefully he will get help. The only problem I have is that if this had been anyone else (besides a state trooper...but someone they arrested) the media would have "been all over it!" It would be front page news and there would have been pictures of troopers handcuffing and arresting them as they placed them in the car. Sort of a "Trophy."
Now "one of their own" comes along and gets arrested (which wouldn't have happened unless they felt a crime was committed) and the only news about it is on Channel 25 (which isn't even on their website). Each post has "public information officers" that are supposed to handle situations like this. Why is Trooper Knight any different than any other citizen? How did KSP manage to keep this quiet from the media? It's the same reason as why troopers can drive 90 mph on the parkways and we can't..."Brother taking care of Brother!"
citizen78

Paducah, KY

#17 Oct 16, 2009
Bonzai wrote:
If Trooper Knight is addicted to prescription pain killers, then hopefully he will get help. The only problem I have is that if this had been anyone else (besides a state trooper...but someone they arrested) the media would have "been all over it!" It would be front page news and there would have been pictures of troopers handcuffing and arresting them as they placed them in the car. Sort of a "Trophy."
Now "one of their own" comes along and gets arrested (which wouldn't have happened unless they felt a crime was committed) and the only news about it is on Channel 25 (which isn't even on their website). Each post has "public information officers" that are supposed to handle situations like this. Why is Trooper Knight any different than any other citizen? How did KSP manage to keep this quiet from the media? It's the same reason as why troopers can drive 90 mph on the parkways and we can't..."Brother taking care of Brother!"
nobody is taking care of anybody. he was arrested, it was on the news, end of story. the news media would rather talk about the swine flu or the weather than to report about some cop getting arrested for pills. and you can drive 90 on the parkway too. just don't get caught.:)
People

Princeton, KY

#18 Oct 16, 2009
Bonzai wrote:
If Trooper Knight is addicted to prescription pain killers, then hopefully he will get help. The only problem I have is that if this had been anyone else (besides a state trooper...but someone they arrested) the media would have "been all over it!" It would be front page news and there would have been pictures of troopers handcuffing and arresting them as they placed them in the car. Sort of a "Trophy."
Now "one of their own" comes along and gets arrested (which wouldn't have happened unless they felt a crime was committed) and the only news about it is on Channel 25 (which isn't even on their website). Each post has "public information officers" that are supposed to handle situations like this. Why is Trooper Knight any different than any other citizen? How did KSP manage to keep this quiet from the media? It's the same reason as why troopers can drive 90 mph on the parkways and we can't..."Brother taking care of Brother!"
I think Nathan needs to lose his job and pay the price, but I'm not sure why you're bashing everyone, including the media. Brother taking care of Brother you say... The State Police investigated and arrested Nathan. I don't see anywhere in there that is taking care of him. If they were taking care of him then the charges would have never been brought upon him by his own people. And as for the media... it is published... you just didn't research it. See attached link.
http://www.news25.us/Global/story.asp...
It's even got a video
sandman

Greenville, KY

#19 Oct 17, 2009
Bonzai wrote:
If Trooper Knight is addicted to prescription pain killers, then hopefully he will get help. The only problem I have is that if this had been anyone else (besides a state trooper...but someone they arrested) the media would have "been all over it!" It would be front page news and there would have been pictures of troopers handcuffing and arresting them as they placed them in the car. Sort of a "Trophy."
Now "one of their own" comes along and gets arrested (which wouldn't have happened unless they felt a crime was committed) and the only news about it is on Channel 25 (which isn't even on their website). Each post has "public information officers" that are supposed to handle situations like this. Why is Trooper Knight any different than any other citizen? How did KSP manage to keep this quiet from the media? It's the same reason as why troopers can drive 90 mph on the parkways and we can't..."Brother taking care of Brother!"
you are stupid the ksp arrest people everyday and it is not in the news. this is just another way for you to diss the police grow up and clean up because if you were a truly innocent and trustworthy citizen then you would support the police but obviously that is not the case.
WTF

Central City, KY

#20 Oct 17, 2009
Everyone is right, Nathan is a good guy, however that is not what upsets me. A school teacher, namely Shannon Vincent was accused of having an affair with one of his students and was plastured all over the news, truth is the Kentucky State Police has yet to ever talk to Shannon Vincent about it and to this date he has never been charged with any crime. Have they ever apologized, HELL NO. Yet his reputation is destroyed nor can he ever get another teaching job. The News Paper has already had one publication since Knights arrest and it never made the news. State Police Covering their Reputation yet they dont give a shit about anyone outside their brotherhood. What a crock of shit. I am not saying that what Shannon Vincent did was right but I do think even though the crime is different the person who handles the news publications should handle every case the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
katie stammers 30 min lol 31
Cinema 4 1 hr teacher 12
Crystal Nannie (Sep '09) 1 hr ISAWYOU 44
Pick the top ten basketball players in County h... 11 hr days off 10
Nathina purvis 12 hr scoob 9
utility tax Jan 30 tax hater 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Jan 30 Zack 514
Central City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Central City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots