powderly holiness church

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#639 May 15, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
And let me add I have seen how they play favorites. Yes they are my family but no I am not blind. I was never in the clic but it disgust me how they treat people. Gods judement will one day prevail!
He nor will any of them listen to me. I am not a part of their family, I was never in any clique out there, and they all think I am ignorant and stupid because I am not their blood kin. Thank God for that later part of the last statement. The pastor never done me wrong per say. Other than underestimating my understanding of somethings that they refuse to accept. I was talked about, I was criticized, I was made fun of and to be honest probably hated by some of them. After a while a person can only take so much when they are shown how much they are not wanted around because they are not family! They will give account for their actions towards people and I am afraid they will end up in hell. They don't witness, they have no ministry other than helping their own members. I believe alot of what they teach but there is no application to what they harp about. The sad part some of them are not hated for the cause of Christ. They are hated because they are hateful to people and make peoples lives a living hell! I have no respect for Sharons family, I have no respect for some of the Pastors brood. The pastors one sister is such a bitter hateful old woman that if she don't repent and make right for some of her slanders and gossip she is going straight to hell and that is Bible speaking not me! Her long hair, clothes and hairy legs will all forever burn. I need not mention names.
wow

Madisonville, KY

#640 May 17, 2012
Douglas C Hendrix wrote:
<quoted text>
He nor will any of them listen to me. I am not a part of their family, I was never in any clique out there, and they all think I am ignorant and stupid because I am not their blood kin. Thank God for that later part of the last statement. The pastor never done me wrong per say. Other than underestimating my understanding of somethings that they refuse to accept. I was talked about, I was criticized, I was made fun of and to be honest probably hated by some of them. After a while a person can only take so much when they are shown how much they are not wanted around because they are not family! They will give account for their actions towards people and I am afraid they will end up in hell. They don't witness, they have no ministry other than helping their own members. I believe alot of what they teach but there is no application to what they harp about. The sad part some of them are not hated for the cause of Christ. They are hated because they are hateful to people and make peoples lives a living hell! I have no respect for Sharons family, I have no respect for some of the Pastors brood. The pastors one sister is such a bitter hateful old woman that if she don't repent and make right for some of her slanders and gossip she is going straight to hell and that is Bible speaking not me! Her long hair, clothes and hairy legs will all forever burn. I need not mention names.
No honestly their theory is my four and no more. I agree from what I've seen out of them if you are not kin then they have no use for you. Totally agree Douglass. Too many people have been treated this way for it not to be true and yes I would definitely call that a click. Some people never change. It is sad that christians can be so cold to outsiders.
truth

Madisonville, KY

#641 May 17, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
No honestly their theory is my four and no more. I agree from what I've seen out of them if you are not kin then they have no use for you. Totally agree Douglass. Too many people have been treated this way for it not to be true and yes I would definitely call that a click. Some people never change. It is sad that christians can be so cold to outsiders.
i absoulutely agree with u but u are wrong on one thing its not my four and no more its my 12 and no more..lol..
Aaron Bradley

Nashville, TN

#642 May 21, 2012
Douglas C Hendrix wrote:
<quoted text>How many people lost babies in the hospitals? How many are aborted everyday by the doctors? So your arguments are weak! I am not in church and I don't sit around watching tv because I have more important things to do in life!

I will take this one step further If you Don't obey Acts 2:38 you will burn in hell. If you whore around after the worldly godless things it offers you will burn in hell. If you think you are going to heaven without HOLINESS you are mistaken. I would love to argue with you reprobates because you have no Bible to stand on!
Lmao everyone is
Going to hell!!! Were all sinners, we all will be judged and more will be thumbs down then up..
true

Dunmor, KY

#644 May 21, 2012
Douglas C Hendrix wrote:
<quoted text>
They have hurt alot of people. Its easy to dress right but when you treat people wrong to speaks of your true character. What about this old fashioned love they sing about. True love is when you love everybody not just your little group. I have seen people hurting and they are only concerned about their little group. When you lie on someone to build yourself up that is not love. You can call me nuts if you want but anyone that has ever been to this assembly knows how they treat the nobodys. Anyone can love their own flesh and blood thats natural. I really feel sorry for the people that keep going and getting treated like shit.
curious

United States

#645 May 22, 2012
Do they handle snakes at this church? I heard one time that they did, but never really knew for sure.

The Shemwells all seem really nice to me, and have always treated me fair and with respect in business matters.

Also, isnt this church kinda like an extension or expanded family? I think alot of the people who go to church here are all family, you know like cousins,cousins, and more cousins.
yes

Dunmor, KY

#646 May 22, 2012
curious wrote:
Do they handle snakes at this church? I heard one time that they did, but never really knew for sure.
The Shemwells all seem really nice to me, and have always treated me fair and with respect in business matters.
Also, isnt this church kinda like an extension or expanded family? I think alot of the people who go to church here are all family, you know like cousins,cousins, and more cousins.
Yes they are a family run church. The are very family orienated.
yep

Owensboro, KY

#647 May 22, 2012
I don't understand how anyone can quote bible passages and have anger and hate in their hearts. We will all be judged for whats in our hearts. No one on this earth can say who is and who isin't going to hell. No one really knows whats inside another person. Even the Shemwell family has fallen members. Either the rules have changed or the ones reading this post is sinning. I attended a local holiness church when I was a child. Television was a sin, this is a newer version. Guess I don't know the "how to get into heaven" rules anymore.
yeppo

Nebo, KY

#648 May 22, 2012
yep wrote:
I don't understand how anyone can quote bible passages and have anger and hate in their hearts. We will all be judged for whats in our hearts. No one on this earth can say who is and who isin't going to hell. No one really knows whats inside another person. Even the Shemwell family has fallen members. Either the rules have changed or the ones reading this post is sinning. I attended a local holiness church when I was a child. Television was a sin, this is a newer version. Guess I don't know the "how to get into heaven" rules anymore.
They go to tanning beds, wear their skirts so tight you know whats under them. The watch dvds. They go to all the hot spots. Now you tell me whats changed. Oh yes they have changed. The majority of them do just whatever they please. They preach others into hell for doing the same things they use to preach against.
facebook junkie

Nortonville, KY

#649 May 29, 2012
You know what gets me? They preach against the internet but the pastors granddaughter Shonda is on facebook consistently. I had a run in with her on there. I don't even go to church but I sure won't go because all she does is down the other members. My mamaw has visited their church several times and I went as a child. It just makes no sense that she is always making sure everyone knows what is going on out there. I am fixing to delete my facebook on the count of this. I really don't care about everyone elses f*cked up lives. Facebook has turned into nothing but a gossip club for these church goers.
facebook junkie

Nortonville, KY

#650 May 29, 2012
And you know what? let me add...I do not care who is going to the tanning beds or buying dvds or who is sleeping with who. So keep me out of all this church gossip. Who cares who cut their hair or got caught screwing. Heres a quarter call someone who cares...about gossip!
crazy

Dunmor, KY

#651 Jun 26, 2012
facebook junkie wrote:
You know what gets me? They preach against the internet but the pastors granddaughter Shonda is on facebook consistently. I had a run in with her on there. I don't even go to church but I sure won't go because all she does is down the other members. My mamaw has visited their church several times and I went as a child. It just makes no sense that she is always making sure everyone knows what is going on out there. I am fixing to delete my facebook on the count of this. I really don't care about everyone elses f*cked up lives. Facebook has turned into nothing but a gossip club for these church goers.
for them to preach against things and then do it their self the very thing they preached for others not to do is a damn shame! they always seem to bend the rules for their own.
well

United States

#652 Jul 3, 2012
Douglas C Hendrix wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom is gone now but man i can remember you calling her and talking for hours. She was one of the old folks that you looked up to Doug. I can't believe you will now say you wouldn't want to be blood kin to her. She thought the world of you. Wow, you really are something.
question

Cadiz, KY

#653 Jul 3, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom is gone now but man i can remember you calling her and talking for hours. She was one of the old folks that you looked up to Doug. I can't believe you will now say you wouldn't want to be blood kin to her. She thought the world of you. Wow, you really are something.
And your mom is my family too. Got one question for you what are you doing on topix. Dosen't your pastor teach you to stay off here! Either your in or you out. There is no in between! Too many of you want to do things behind closed doors. Just remember Larry may not see you but God does. Why go to church if your not going to obey your pastor! Your mom would turn over in her grave if she new you were so rebellious. Like I said before quit stradling the fence! This place is for us sinners so I guess you fit right in you double minded hypocrite!
stupid

Cadiz, KY

#654 Jul 3, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>
this is just so stupid to bump this forum topic back up to the top again. if u cared anything about this church u would not put wood on the fire! why bring this shit back up again. u are just stirring trouble. dont u think this family deserves a break from all this drama. its retarded that people claim salvation would set on their dam computer all night and run other people down.
wow.

United States

#655 Jul 4, 2012
stupid wrote:
<quoted text>this is just so stupid to bump this forum topic back up to the top again. if u cared anything about this church u would not put wood on the fire! why bring this shit back up again. u are just stirring trouble. dont u think this family deserves a break from all this drama. its retarded that people claim salvation would set on their dam computer all night and run other people down.
Said the pot to the kettle.
laughing

Cadiz, KY

#656 Jul 4, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>
This don't make sense to me. I have read Douglas Hendrix post over and over to try to figure out where he said he didn't want to be kin to your mother. He said something about a sister. Sounds to me like he is referring to one that is alive. Let me guess you are one of them that got your education at the Powderly Christian School. If you would read it again you would clearly see that Douglas was not talking about Shirley. Sounds to me like someone has treat this guy bad is all I am getting from it, which dosen't surprise me. He never was in the click. I can't say it was because he's not kin because I am and they treated me like an outcast! They pick and choose who they love and that is just not right. Everyone should be loved for who they are. Yeah if your Larry's kid you get to slide for your sins but if you are someone else then theres hell to pay!
well

Greenville, KY

#657 Jul 4, 2012
laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
This don't make sense to me. I have read Douglas Hendrix post over and over to try to figure out where he said he didn't want to be kin to your mother. He said something about a sister. Sounds to me like he is referring to one that is alive. Let me guess you are one of them that got your education at the Powderly Christian School. If you would read it again you would clearly see that Douglas was not talking about Shirley. Sounds to me like someone has treat this guy bad is all I am getting from it, which dosen't surprise me. He never was in the click. I can't say it was because he's not kin because I am and they treated me like an outcast! They pick and choose who they love and that is just not right. Everyone should be loved for who they are. Yeah if your Larry's kid you get to slide for your sins but if you are someone else then theres hell to pay!
Laughing you are wrong. He said, "thank God for the later part of the earlier statement.
well

Greenville, KY

#658 Jul 4, 2012
question wrote:
<quoted text>
And your mom is my family too. Got one question for you what are you doing on topix. Dosen't your pastor teach you to stay off here! Either your in or you out. There is no in between! Too many of you want to do things behind closed doors. Just remember Larry may not see you but God does. Why go to church if your not going to obey your pastor! Your mom would turn over in her grave if she new you were so rebellious. Like I said before quit stradling the fence! This place is for us sinners so I guess you fit right in you double minded hypocrite!
Got one answer for you, i don't go to church. Im the youngest sonthat lives in the house she did live in.
Im not straddling any fence. I have never claimed anything so call me a double minded hypocrites you will but Im sure you will not do it to my face. Please do, i beg you too.
well

Greenville, KY

#659 Jul 4, 2012
laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not "got" but received. No i did not receive my education from the school you refer to in your post.
It seems you should "receive" a proper education before you start with me.
One other point, the first sentence in your post you state, "this don't make sense to me." It should be,"this doesn't make any sense to me."
So i understand why it wouldn't make sense to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelsey Hart 20 min Mustang 3
mike harper sued!!!! 26 min Student 4
Eagles closed 1 hr Wind 9
Richard hudson 9 hr Xfriened 1
Lgbt community 22 hr Well- 3
Computer Magic Thu Hottie4fun 21
Jason rice Wed Lol 5

Central City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance