powderly holiness church

Posted in the Central City Forum

First Prev
of 33
Next Last
curious

United States

#1 May 27, 2010
I have been thinking about going to powderly holiness church does anyone know anything about it
proudmommy270

Auburn, KY

#3 May 27, 2010
yea theres a bunch hypocrits that goes there
curious

United States

#4 May 27, 2010
O really y do u say that
proudmommy270

Auburn, KY

#5 May 27, 2010
they live diffarant lifes at home
Homie

Cadiz, KY

#6 May 27, 2010
I wouldnt listen to much to what people here say. There are people in every church that are holy on Sunday and not so much thru the week. I would say, go to the church and see how you like the people and if thats the church for you.
one who knows

Nashville, TN

#7 May 27, 2010
say hi to satan for me. if you go.
proudmommy270

Russellville, KY

#8 May 27, 2010
Ive been there TRUST me I know !!!!!
Moses

Central City, KY

#9 May 27, 2010
The church is full of good decent christian people. They have strict beliefs examples are: Women don't cut their hair, wear makeup, they wear only dresses or skirts with blouses. No pants whatsoever for their female members, No jewelry or finger nail polish and no high heels or hair bows. The men must wear long sleeves and their hair must be cut short. And no one goes to see a medical Dr, If they break an arm than they go to a medical equipment place and purchase a splint and do the job themselves. I don't think they would make you leave the church if you did go to a dr,I have not stated these things to run the church down because I know they are good decent people who have strange ways to the ways of the rest of the world. There is no TV's in their homes. In today's world this might be a good thing. If you can live like this than this is the church for you. I am not of that kind of religion but if I was than I would go there. I know a couple of people who have turned their life around and are going good after they started going to that church.
light 4 him

Russellville, KY

#11 May 27, 2010
Moses wrote:
The church is full of good decent christian people. They have strict beliefs examples are: Women don't cut their hair, wear makeup, they wear only dresses or skirts with blouses. No pants whatsoever for their female members, No jewelry or finger nail polish and no high heels or hair bows. The men must wear long sleeves and their hair must be cut short. And no one goes to see a medical Dr, If they break an arm than they go to a medical equipment place and purchase a splint and do the job themselves. I don't think they would make you leave the church if you did go to a dr,I have not stated these things to run the church down because I know they are good decent people who have strange ways to the ways of the rest of the world. There is no TV's in their homes. In today's world this might be a good thing. If you can live like this than this is the church for you. I am not of that kind of religion but if I was than I would go there. I know a couple of people who have turned their life around and are going good after they started going to that church.
Yes there is a lot of great people that goes there. But I know I can recall sevral people in the past two years that have turned to the medical field for help. No i am not judging, But I know for a fact there is a lot of paritality showed there is a diffrant set of rules for some . I was once a member, Sleeppants are wore among some of the female saints not all but some . No they may not make me leave if did go to a dr. but I would be blasted over the pulpit for going. I'll say this I know someone who was put in a situation where they had to go to the hospital because one of the saints failed to come to that desparates person time of need, they ingnored what they was called to do for what ever reason and that person who was depending on them had to turn to the medical field .... Real men and womaen of God dont negect a persons need because they dont like them but there for all shining a light.
moses

Central City, KY

#12 May 28, 2010
I know what, light for him is saying, I too know holiness women in this county that sleep in sleep pants or pj's and they condemn me for wearing pants whats the difference. Pants are pants weather you sleep in them or wear them outside. I know a lot of holiness people who have let down on their standards just because their grandkids or their kids are grown up and are into some of the things they used to preach about being wrong. But now its ok to play sports or join into the outside of church activities. Lets face it; There is a parochiality to some and not others. Thats why I dont go to any church anymore. I will agree with you 100 percent.
drug free usa

Russellville, KY

#13 May 28, 2010
moses wrote:
I know what, light for him is saying, I too know holiness women in this county that sleep in sleep pants or pj's and they condemn me for wearing pants whats the difference. Pants are pants weather you sleep in them or wear them outside. I know a lot of holiness people who have let down on their standards just because their grandkids or their kids are grown up and are into some of the things they used to preach about being wrong. But now its ok to play sports or join into the outside of church activities. Lets face it; There is a parochiality to some and not others. Thats why I dont go to any church anymore. I will agree with you 100 percent.
I am curious to know who you are
Light for him

Russellville, KY

#14 May 28, 2010
moses wrote:
Them are the exact reasons I dont go either. You know i garentee we know each other lol
ummm

United States

#15 May 28, 2010
Im curious who all of you r
light for him

Russellville, KY

#16 May 28, 2010
ummm wrote:
Im curious who all of you r
tell us who u are ??????
Shemwell

Nashville, TN

#17 May 29, 2010
YOU WILL ALL BURN IN HELL!
sultan

Madisonville, KY

#18 May 29, 2010
one thing is for sure, they like sex.
GODS CHILD

Greenville, KY

#19 May 29, 2010
I can see most of you either don't know or have forgotten the simple rule...LOVE THY NEIGHBOR...AND I'M SURE THERE WILL BE SOME SMART ASS COMMENT ABOUT THAT....SOOO CHILDISH...GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!
4him

United States

#20 May 29, 2010
curious wrote:
I have been thinking about going to powderly holiness church does anyone know anything about it
they would make you feel welcome.It's full of good people.
light for him

Russellville, KY

#21 May 29, 2010
Shemwell wrote:
YOU WILL ALL BURN IN HELL!
THOU SHALT NOT JUDGE
fwt

Nashville, TN

#22 May 30, 2010
light for him wrote:
<quoted text>THOU SHALT NOT JUDGE
why is there a "judge it" button then?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 33
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is bobby bratcher (Jun '11) 5 hr Catfight 9
Charlene fields 5 hr manto 2
Mike Huckabee Complains About Trashy Women On F... 5 hr manto 7
Anybody know any married women who cheat on the... (Apr '14) 6 hr yeah 14
The Purple Onion (Mar '11) Wed Guest 52
looking for a good roofer (May '14) Tue bobbyroosco 6
Kenneth (Alan) Day (Feb '12) Jan 27 interesting 21
Central City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web