Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81774 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Prepper

Saint Johns, MI

#66636 Aug 7, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>I've set tobacco when I was a little boy and the whole time I was growing up, planted corn by hand, bailed hay, worked in cotton in Texas, among many other jobs too numerous to mention. These type of jobs were always done by the youth of America, and not reserved for certain nationalities/
The kids growing up now are deprived of the opportunities to earn money pitching hay in barns or cutting and hanging tobacco, because it's all done with new-age slave-labor, and many are too spoiled to air conditioning and video games anyway. But the remaining fact is, many US citizens are being left out in the cold, while hoards of industrious and hard working Mexicans are wrangled into these jobs at the drop of a hat! The use of illegal immigrants are taking over almost all construction jobs even in my small town. It's not much different from what folks went through 150 yrs. ago, except on such a grand scale, maybe even worse.

The youth that has become non-participant in simple farm-work has lead to an almost defunct work ethic throughout the country, all the while wearing and using everything Wal-Mart has to offer.
Do you think that the youth of today would do those jobs if there were no immigrants to do them? Maybe a few but I doubt there would be enough.

It is just too easy to blame immigrants for everything when the issues are for more complicated.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#66637 Aug 7, 2012
I will try to fit in.
Lets see, I have a big spread of land. A mansion on a hill, with ten ponds on my property and a river running through the middle.
It is over a thousand acres of land, with timber and natural gas deposits galore.
I usually drive a BMW but I also own a hummer, two Harley motorcycles and a helicopter.
I am a doctor and a lawyer, a teacher and an Indian chief with three doctorates, two BA's and I am a BMF besides.
I can Turn lead into gold, and I just love everyone!
I never do anything wrong and my lips are brown from butt kissing.
I read big thick books and know everything there is to know about any subject you could ever mention.
Can I be in the playhouse gang now?
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#66638 Aug 7, 2012
I almost forgot to inform the world that I slurp hot coffee, guzzle beer, whiskey and sometimes fine wine. I smoke dope like a freight train and love anything and everything that everyone else loves.
Can I be a regular now?
Prepper

Saint Johns, MI

#66639 Aug 7, 2012
Vivian wrote:
<quoted text>
Hummmmmmm.... so who are the republicans quitting congress.?
How many of us wouldn't pay taxes if we could find a loop hole ?
George Bush had a democratic congress last two years that wouldn't budge an inch on anything he wanted, so it's not all his fault. They wanted him to fail, so they could blame him when the SHTF in next administration because they already knew what was going down this time.
Mitt Romney's outsourcing? How's this for outsourcing, Obama bails out Gm with our tax money. What does Gm do to repay us, they are opening 10 new Gm plants in China and several others in other parts of the world. But not a single one in any state in the US. Obama is the biggest outsourcing lying thief there is.
If they had just one or two of those plants here in the us,what a diff it would have made.
Bush already had the country going down hill like a snowball headed for Hell when the Dems took over Congress. Bush's policies had been bad for six year, why would the Dems support more?

The GM "bailout" was a loan that is either all or mostly been paid back already. Quit trying to make it look like a gift.

If you are against GM building factories everywhere else except the US, then why would you vote for the Republicans who are doing every thing they can to destroy the middle class and have their own third world wages and working conditions right here in the US?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#66640 Aug 7, 2012
I don't care what you post or what you drink or smoke and I am not a dictator, but I do reserve the right to post what ever pleases me. I believe in "live and let live" so if you want to be regular or irregular, suit yourself.
imposter

Somerset, KY

#66641 Aug 7, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I don't care what you post or what you drink or smoke and I am not a dictator, but I do reserve the right to post what ever pleases me. I believe in "live and let live" so if you want to be regular or irregular, suit yourself.
Didn't you post as "the gambler" last year? LOL
I liked the gambler, if it was you, you sure could let em' have what for when you were in the mood for it.
Don't answer that mister scruffy. I prefer to think it was you.
I liked your style back then. Still do.
I will lay off a while. In remembrance of the wise old gambler.
For the next four or five days, I will only post niceties.
I don't really smoke dope. LOL
Good day Sir.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#66643 Aug 7, 2012
All is quiet on the home front. Quite Peaceful.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#66644 Aug 7, 2012
Your so vain you probably thought the song was about you don't you, don't you, don't you.........
yes

Evansville, IN

#66646 Aug 7, 2012
yeah if its called one little foot out the walls ha
Bird Killer

London, KY

#66647 Aug 7, 2012
Wow, everything is all happy smiley here today.
I don't know whether to cry or yak.
Where is the Great One? Did you guys do something to the Great One? I hope not.
It might get boring without his nuggets of wisdom.
Here is papaws favorite drinking song.

wow

Owensboro, KY

#66649 Aug 7, 2012
That's crazy

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#66650 Aug 7, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I cut my corn and freeze it. Gave a good day.
Did you ever try an ear of corn cooked in the microwave? 4 minutes, shucks silk and all, clean and eat.

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#66652 Aug 7, 2012
I guess they're gonna pick on me for a while and give everyone a break.
i agree

West Liberty, KY

#66653 Aug 7, 2012
i agree with it
Siren

Toledo, IA

#66654 Aug 7, 2012
you do know the government is using a jets white trail line to pollute the air with tons of chemicals and they make big clouds shortly after (about 10 mins) its released from the jet. sad thing is, the fed govt approved this.

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#66656 Aug 7, 2012
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
And which sock puppet are you?As if everyone didn't already know.The real Rattle Snake Pete should report you for attempting to steal the identity of a member.Every account you hold should be banned.
Ratt I esnake Not a very cute trick,even for a 2nd grader.
He got both his socks knocked off of Topix, "Phil DaPain", and "J_E_S_S_E", one of which(Phil DaPain) he also stole from from a poster on the Murray forum. The other, J_E_S_S_E, is notorious for dragging up old threads to make the victims(mostly children, cripples, and older folks) relive the persecution they received when the thread was still alive, once again.
qwerty

Pelion, SC

#66657 Aug 7, 2012
Imposter wrote:
I almost forgot to inform the world that I slurp hot coffee, guzzle beer, whiskey and sometimes fine wine. I smoke dope like a freight train and love anything and everything that everyone else loves.
Can I be a regular now?
Not so fast...

I gotta know.....chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin

C~H~O~O~S~E W~I~S~E~L~Y

“I went through the desert”

Since: Jul 12

On a horse with no name

#66658 Aug 7, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>He got both his socks knocked off of Topix, "Phil DaPain", and "J_E_S_S_E", one of which(Phil DaPain) he also stole from from a poster on the Murray forum. The other, J_E_S_S_E, is notorious for dragging up old threads to make the victims(mostly children, cripples, and older folks) relive the persecution they received when the thread was still alive, once again.
Its a shame that old threads like that can be dragged up to persecute children and cripples. And one like this one is singled out over a few derogatory comments and "cleaned up" all at once.

Older people LOL Like Ancient Wolf can bite back pretty hard when they want too. Oh well.
Looks like you WON regulars. I hope you aren't bored to death in your victory.
Who has a good apple dumpling recipe tonight?

On a horse with no name

#66659 Aug 7, 2012
Siren wrote:
you do know the government is using a jets white trail line to pollute the air with tons of chemicals and they make big clouds shortly after (about 10 mins) its released from the jet. sad thing is, the fed govt approved this.
Its called a contrail. LOL

On a horse with no name

#66660 Aug 7, 2012
qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so fast...
I gotta know.....chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin
C~H~O~O~S~E W~I~S~E~L~Y
Whats up qwerty?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
school teacher(robin) what happen on that one? (Nov '10) 6 hr Shhhhhh 8
Preachers 7 hr greedy 1
opioid 9 hr oboro girl 19
truth hurts 11 hr my baby 22
looking for a good roofer (May '14) 18 hr Regina Peterson 7
Undercover Sun pround mom 11
Mashkia Nannie / dearmond Sat titus 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Central City Mortgages