Christmas parade 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Countrygrl

United States

#1 Nov 17, 2012
could someone Plz tell me what time it starts tomorrow?
country boy

Owensboro, KY

#2 Nov 17, 2012
Countrygrl wrote:
could someone Plz tell me what time it starts tomorrow?
2:00 P.M.
Countrygrl

United States

#3 Nov 17, 2012
Ty!!!
E Rich

Central City, KY

#4 Nov 17, 2012
Only satan lovers worship Christmas, give the money instead.
Koresh

United States

#5 Nov 18, 2012
E Rich wrote:
Only satan lovers worship Christmas, give the money instead.
Pastor, will you be flying in by helicopter or riding in Santa's sleigh today?
E Rich

Central City, KY

#7 Nov 18, 2012
Koresh wrote:
<quoted text>Pastor, will you be flying in by helicopter or riding in Santa's sleigh today?
I tried to charter the space shuttle. To have my minions pull me on it, but it wouldn't clear the train overpass.
father time

Central City, KY

#8 Nov 18, 2012
Another year, another great job on the continuity!!!
central city resident

Madisonville, KY

#9 Nov 18, 2012
I myself was not impressed by the parade this year, it was mostly cars and motorcycles, I believe I counted only 3 maybe 4 floats and it had to many blank spots of waiting for the next, it's saddens me to see it so bad this year.
Ignorant

Madisonville, KY

#10 Nov 18, 2012
Having a Christmas parade BEFORE Thanksgiving and on a Sunday is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What the Hell is wrong with the people who came up with this idea?
wow

Owensboro, KY

#11 Nov 19, 2012
What a beautiful day for a great parade.
central city resident

Madisonville, KY

#12 Nov 19, 2012
Ignorant wrote:
Having a Christmas parade BEFORE Thanksgiving and on a Sunday is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What the Hell is wrong with the people who came up with this idea?
I am not sure if you are from around here but I know ever since I was small Central City ha always did their parade a week before Thanksgiving, like I had mentioned earlier I have always enjoyed the parade but this year was very sad, and yes it was a beautiful day but none the less sad
Blessed

United States

#13 Nov 19, 2012
I thank South Carrollton Baptist Church for having
Such a great float. It was very touching and I hope you win first place.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#14 Nov 19, 2012
central city resident wrote:
I myself was not impressed by the parade this year, it was mostly cars and motorcycles, I believe I counted only 3 maybe 4 floats and it had to many blank spots of waiting for the next, it's saddens me to see it so bad this year.
Maybe the donkey that wouldn't cross the railroad track was holding things up.
CC resident for 50 years

Duluth, GA

#15 Nov 19, 2012
central city resident wrote:
<quoted text>I am not sure if you are from around here but I know ever since I was small Central City ha always did their parade a week before Thanksgiving, like I had mentioned earlier I have always enjoyed the parade but this year was very sad, and yes it was a beautiful day but none the less sad
Up until a few years ago the parade was always the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Before that it was always on a Saturday.
Fact

Bardstown, KY

#16 Nov 20, 2012
CC resident for 50 years wrote:
<quoted text>
Up until a few years ago the parade was always the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Before that it was always on a Saturday.
I have been going to the cc parade for 33 years. It has always been on Sunday.
wondering

United States

#18 Nov 20, 2012
AMEN FACT
CC Resident 66 yrs

Owensboro, KY

#19 Nov 20, 2012
wondering wrote:
AMEN FACT
It has been scheduled on Saturday's and Sunday's over the past 66 years.
Church Member

Eddyville, KY

#20 Nov 20, 2012
Blessed wrote:
I thank South Carrollton Baptist Church for having
Such a great float. It was very touching and I hope you win first place.
We have no one other to thank but " Deacon Dan" for designing,building,and towing the float....what a wonderful person he is.
CC Resident for 75 Years

Owensboro, KY

#21 Nov 20, 2012
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>I have been going to the cc parade for 33 years. It has always been on Sunday.
The Christmas parade was held on Saturdays for many many years. Call the chamber. Not sure of the date of the change but I can tell you in the 1990's I owned a shop downtown and I would stand in my shop window and watch the parade. In the 80's I lived in the Gish Apartments above Newberrys and we would watch from my window on SATURDAY AFTERNOONS.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#22 Nov 20, 2012
CC Resident 66 yrs wrote:
<quoted text>It has been scheduled on Saturday's and Sunday's over the past 66 years.
In 1954, the CC Christmas Parade was on Friday December 3rd. Not sure about any other years. Here's the newspaper link.

http://tar.stparchive.com/Archive/TAR/TAR1125...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How did Dakota rager die? 4 hr Oh yeah 40
Samantha Neptune 4 hr Zeke the Pinhead 15
Eric Travis is gonna be a daddy!! 5 hr Zeke the Pinhead 21
George tapp 12 hr Straight 4
Gary Pointer and Tabitha Mckinney 14 hr family member 1
Lucky Garden (Aug '12) Thu Anyone put nerds 15
Kenneth Willoughby Thu Nojoke 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Central City Mortgages