Gas Price Gouging??
Dr GRagsdale

Waco, TX

#1 Sep 7, 2008
For several years my wife and I have made monthly trips from Copperas Cove to Toledo Bend, Livingston, and Kinder, LA areas. On Monday, Sept. 1, 2008, we were required to go to Livingston for funeral services. This was also at the height of the hurrican warnings and evacuation.
Throughout the trip we found gas prices to be in the $3.50 to 3.59 range. Not so in Centerville at the intersection of I45 and HWY 7.
Not one of the stations, not two or three; but all four stations had $3.72. On the return trip prices had gone to $3.59.
For us Centerville was just about midway in our trip and we have stopped there for years. I can assure you it'll be a long, long time before we stop again.
It's a shame how the actions of a few can give a community a black eye!!!!!!!
Dr. Gary Ragsdale PO Box 381 Copperas Cove, TX 76522
LMH

Firebaugh, CA

#2 Sep 14, 2008
These gas prices aka gouging, have been out of control for far too long. Oil cos. should have never been allowed to gouge the people of the United States as they have. Do I believe that bush will watch out for us? HA! He has not acted on our behalf thus far, rather his friends have made out like thieves in the night. I don't want to get started on HIS false and unreasonable war. Hmmm, who shall I choose the People or $$$/my friends. Shame on him and his cheney oil pal!
Pillage and rip off at the pumps, and it should have never happened to us as it has. Break up those monopolies like utility companies. Control those greedy beasts! That crud needs to go back below two bucks, if even that much!
Go BUSH...somewhere else!!!!!!!!!! Some of us know what you have done!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Happy Birthday, Samuel Lightnin' Hopkins, Pione... (Mar '15) Jul 23 strong 5
News Nuevo Progreso begs tourists to return (Mar '08) Jul 15 Eli reyes 166
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
Motorcycle accident, on Saturday at 1:48 pm @mi... Feb '16 SRS 1
I-45 Buffalo, Texas Car Accident (Jun '11) Feb '16 johnnie 14
bi curious (Jan '16) Jan '16 testi1 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Oct '15 anon 18

Centerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Centerville Mortgages