Barber's Apartments

Columbus, NC

#1 Jul 20, 2011
Once upon a time, Barber's Apartments was a respectful place to live. Elder folks could live there with no worries at all. There was no rif-raf but a safe, quiet place to leave.

Boy has that changed! I have an elderly relative who resides there and it scares the heck out of me! There are convicted felons who reside there. There are convicted rapists there. You drive through the apartments and you see young people crowded together who are not respectful of there neighbors or anyone else for that matter. You have the Kings who are well known for the horrible reputation they have. There's a group of young, some of which have been arrested for meth manufacturing and some arrested for rape, one I know of who has been arrested for both. At night, you hear people screaming at one another and cursing. Some one bedroom apartments have five or six people living in them.

Why do residences have to pay a background fee if there obviously is not one being done? Does the young Jerry Barber not care? His father built a great reputation for this small apartment complex and it is now going to hell. What can be done? If there is a meth bust, it's going to cost him a lot to get that cleaned. When there is a murder, he'll have to live with the fact that he was so careless in managing this place. Cops are in and out all the time but that's not enough to keep the elder ones who live there out of harms way from the hood rats.

We are doing all.we can to get our family member OUT. I hope all who reads this takes note and does not consider this a place for themselves or a loved one. Spread the word. And ifyou know Mr. Barber, maybe its time to bring this to his attention. Its not just all about the money. He is ruining something his father worked so hard to make successful and safe!

Mount Morris, MI

#2 Sep 2, 2011
I completely agree. I grew up in Centerville and before I left the apartments were quiet and nice. i recently moved back and that was one of the first places I thought of moving into if there was an availability. It is just me and my cat. I WILL not live there or even consider it now that I have seen them recently. It looks like the ghetto and I was starred down by a bunch of thug looking kids. Definitely not a plae I would feel safe living in, especially when I didn't feel safe driving through!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shadowed self 1 hr MeltingBalls 2
Review: Nashville Mobile Pet Grooming - Exclusive (Mar '15) 3 hr astrouck 2
white trash list (Aug '10) 8 hr not so down with ... 44
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 15 hr bigfan 2,575
Any Nashville girls on snapchat? I am and just ... 18 hr MrC 1
Downtown nashville HELP PLEASE Thu gtgirl 2
Prisoner Transportation Services LLC is a Disgrace (Aug '09) Thu deez 340
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Centerville Mortgages